The Mighty Spurs vs. Northern Horse Beaters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dog shit second half. Two very bad goals to give away. Who the fuck was meant to be marking Coloccini??

Not making him a scapegoat, but I am really not sure about Tom Carroll. IMHO he should be nowhere near our first 11, let alone playing two games on the trot. I know he scored against Monacco, but I just don't get him.

Southampton next. They haven't won in ages, so we know where this one is going.......

:levyeyes:

The contrast between Dembele 100% on his game against West Ham to Carroll 50% on his yesterday was colossal.

That said I can't see how just changing that player made Lloris, Dier, Eriksen, Alli, Kane, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, all have some of their worst performances in a Spurs shirt.

I'm actually an incredible nice person that gets along with the vast majority of people I meet. Even offered to buy you a beer last week if you remember. I don't lambast people that have different opinions than mine, cause I accept that there's a diverse swath of society. It's pretty unfortunate that you have formed such a negative opinion of American's based on interactions on a football forum. I've met quite a few Brits and some of them have been dumb as bricks and some of them have been quite intelligent. Pretty much just like everyone you're bound to run into. Guess that's why a guy that barely knows me and had such a good time at a pub with me one single night this summer offered to buy me Watford tickets. I'm sure you'll find a way to twist this into something that suits your needs though. Can't say I'm looking forward to it.
Generally incredibly nice persons don't need to underline their incredible niceness.

A match thread worthy of the result. Good work.

Joe asked for his account to be closed. It's fine, it's only about the 3rd time this year. I'm sure I'll get the "can you open my account again" email at some point this week.

Joe asked for his account to be closed. It's fine, it's only about the 3rd time this year. I'm sure I'll get the "can you open my account again" email at some point this week.
Listen mate - if you wanna take a few days off around Christmas and need someone to look after the forum, I'd be happy to help out. I just need to know how the 'delete user account' and 'sin-bin user for life' buttons work

Have a wonderful festive season

Last edited:
Match turned to shit, match thread turned to shit as well. Still gutted but not melting anymore. Decent first half, Rose should've finished that chance, don't even want to comment on the second half, just want to forget it. In general I think we've been poor when coming through the middle lately, and we haven't been creating at all enough chances for Kane.

Match turned to shit, match thread turned to shit as well. Still gutted but not melting anymore. Decent first half, Rose should've finished that chance, don't even want to comment on the second half, just want to forget it. In general I think we've been poor when coming through the middle lately, and we haven't been creating at all enough chances for Kane.

It's difficult to create for Kane when he goes wandering, there was one great opportunity from a Rose cross in the first half - but Kane started the move too far away to make it to the near post in time.

It's difficult to create for Kane when he goes wandering, there was one great opportunity from a Rose cross in the first half - but Kane started the move too far away to make it to the near post in time.
That was not a cross, 100% it was a shot.

Kane was poor, but it appeared we were trying a different tactic in the first half, as Ali was far more advanced than Kane for the first half, Lamela too. Not sure exactly what the plan was as Kane wasn't instrumental in setting these two up but Kane was certainly not playing as striker.

Still gutted we collapsed yesterday, but fair play to Newcastle they were good from the start and wanted it more than us.

To be honest, I feel like some of our players needed a wake up call with a loss yesterday - I think a few of them genuinely started to believe we were unbeatable in the league and were getting a tad sloppy.

Well I hope you resist it!

I thought of Joe as an OK guy before this thread but this forum doesn't need shit like he spouted tonight together with his mate Spursinho!

Racism, anti homosexual remarks and accusations of paedophilia surely we can all do without!

As an alcoholic Joe has some sort of excuse!

That was not a cross, 100% it was a shot.

Kane was poor, but it appeared we were trying a different tactic in the first half, as Ali was far more advanced than Kane for the first half, Lamela too. Not sure exactly what the plan was as Kane wasn't instrumental in setting these two up but Kane was certainly not playing as striker.

No he wasn't but he had to keep coming deep to get the ball as service to him was non-existant!

Felt sorry for him!

Back
Top Bottom