Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our system does not fit Lamela or Soldado, they are not physical players. Lamela played better in a 4-3-3 at roma, he was surrounded by a stronger midfield. I think he is the type of player who would be connecting passes around the box and creating throughballs rather than driblling and trying to beat players. If we want to play pacy direct football rather than pass i suggest he be sold.
His main problems are, that in Italy defenders tend to back rather than push, which suits him quite well. All he needs to learn in England is to beat the first forechecking fullback with his first touches. Yet 2 seasons in, he barely every troes it.

Other problem is the sheer tempo here. No time for many touches.

I don't think he will adapt. No real signs so far. If Juventus came with €10-12m we should sell right away. Limit the losses.

A lot of fans happy with his NUFC game yesterday. I still think he was as poor as ever.

I cant believe the whole 'giv him time brigade'. Yes, im against knee jerk sackings and dismissing players ability, but genuinely.... There are championship players of no note whatsoever that wldnt hav been worse. If his surname was 'smith' not one fuck wld be given

I cant believe the whole 'giv him time brigade'. Yes, im against knee jerk sackings and dismissing players ability, but genuinely.... There are championship players of no note whatsoever that wldnt hav been worse. If his surname was 'smith' not one fuck wld be given
Hilarious that people want Dembele out because he mainly passes sideways, at least he retains possession.

This guy is utter toilet, I've never seen any player give the ball away as much as him, the only possible way back for him is if it turns out the Monstars have taken his ability.

Hilarious that people want Dembele out because he mainly passes sideways, at least he retains possession.

This guy is utter toilet, I've never seen any player give the ball away as much as him, the only possible way back for him is if it turns out the Monstars have taken his ability.

Even if a toilet, was ever there a toilet with such dynamic vision? If he is a toilet he is also a factory—a factory of assists!:levywhoa:

Toilet assisted HK for 30.
Well done toilet

He's clearly the sort of lad that needs a couple of games, a bit of confidence and a pat on the back. Cant believe people are writing him off like this. He's clearly fucking talented.

It's not knee jerk to want him sold. Open your eyes peopleThere's a reason poch dropped him for 2 months. Hardly any improvement in 2 years. And if you wanna burn your eyes out go rematch the Newcastle first half and see how many times he gave the ball away

Everyone wants more from him, that is clear. No point in bringing up his price tag, that wasn't hit fault. Last season he was injured and was in a black hole, so let's forget that. Two seasons ago in Italy he scored 20 goals and, apparently, looked great. This season, he has had a few glimpses of brilliance, but for the most part has been very poor. I think he has shown that he does have potential to be a world beater, but I don't know if he will ever become that player. I'm happy to see him finish out this year playing and unless we get a bid of 15m+ i say keep him and play him for a second season. Next season will be his actual second season, and if he doesn't produce then, then we can move on. I think it is premature to look to sell him after this season though. I guess it comes down to get 7-10m this summer or hold onto him and look at either 3-5m or 18-20, i'd rather keep him and hope he can reproduce what he did when he was three years younger.

Him being shit has nothing to do with his price tag as far as I'm concerned, that is somebody in the hierarchy's complete cock-up.

I thought Chadli had a bit of promise at the beginning; he had hardly any games, a bad injury, was new to the country etc yet loads of people were throwing him to the dogs even though he was only about £7-8m. He started this season well and now is a decent squad player and certainly more than that when considering the fee.

Lamela has had twice as long for his grace, has shown very little apart from odd glimpses of raw talent and, how can we say Townsend hasn't shown the same at times? Both are terribly inconsistent, if Lamela works-harder then that's great but hardly enough.

Agree with the comment about Dembele, if anybody advocates getting rid of him but thinks Lamela should get another year or two of chances then I really don't get it. If Poch is so good then maybe he can find a way to utilise Dembele effectively, he was just what we need vs United as well as Fazio and neither started.

Different positions yes but, one is a technically gifted, experienced and quality footballer that we'd struggle to replace for £15m I think, and the other is Lamela.

I rate him. He'll get a run and do magic on the ball.
Don't get all your abuse.. very talented player. One season with Poch.. you'll see his freedom next year.

The thing is, that in today's football (and society at large), the hyperbole runs the show. Players are either shit or Kane and Tim Sherwood is either shit or a genius etc etc. Players are no longer allowed to be mediocre or just okay. This is what happens with Lamela. Every misplaced pass feeds one side of the argument while the odd rabona or intelligent run feeds the other. However, no matter how people try to twist it, Erik Lamela has been just okay overall in 2014/15 imo.

Here comes the real twist though, we did not sign Lamela to be just okay. We signed him to be the difference between 4th and 5th/6th. The difference between CL-football and EL-football. The scrutiny of his game is thereafter. I rate Lamela and I thought I saw signs earlier in the season and just before he was injured after Burnley (bad timing that) he was really shaping up. Then he came back and was part of the XI that beat Woolwich and then he was arguably MoM against Liverpool, only to be glued to the bench for weeks on end. No matter how I try to twist it though, he has only been "okay". The odd strong game and the odd shitfest does nigh to change that. I'd stick with him for 2015/16 as well but if he is not in Poch's plans that's okay too. No matter what we need a new LW/RW to push Lamela/Chadli/Townsend.

I think I jinxed him by betting a tenner e/w on him being premier league top goalscorer @ 100/1 start of the season. Paddypower were doing an offer of a £2 free bet with every goal they score, so I thought I'd get a few free bets out of it worse case.

I want him to do well, but how much time can we give someone. He still looks too complacent on the ball and loses it far too much, but you can see he cares and he does a decent job of tracking back. I wouldn't get rid of him this summer, but next season he's got to start showing his potential.

You should watch more football and read less stats.
A broken clock tells the right time twice a day.
okay, no stats– I should write a sonnet about his passing, and it will convince you? :lloris:And we can ignore the stats about his bad passing overall? He is not a perfect player but there are some decent aspects to his game— Truly. those who cannot see these aspects, such as his eye for a pass, are forsaken by the gods.:paulinhofacepalm:

Why are people in a rush for him to be sold? He's here now, there's no way a team will be paying the £30m it cost to get him here, why not let him have a few more seasons?

Back
Top Bottom