Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the opposite is true. To me, it seems that he sees the pass ok but hangs on to it too long trying to take out all of the defence in one pass, drawing the defenders to him so that the attacker has more space.
Problem is that 9/10 times he leaves it too late to make the pass.

Either way it is very frustrating as you say.
Still love him though
Gives 100% every time

His biggest asset by far, over the 7+ years he's been with us...he's extremely unselfish (I don't mean with the ball, with his overall attitude). The epitome of a "team over myself" type player.

For anyone who didn’t click on Bill’s tweet link earlier...

ElUsXnCVkAEkHfQ

I give you the sublime Moussa Sissoko’s reaction to all his haters.

Last edited:
Have always loved Erik as a player, his attitude is always 100% spot on and he is the epitome of a team player.
Yes he is very one footed and has a tendency to sometimes hold the ball too long as he seeks out the perfect pass.The fact that he has a bit of the devil in him is ,in my view, a huge positive-all teams need players like this.
I like that GLC is also happy to engage in the darker arts of the game.The squad is beginning to have a nice balance of attributes and attitudes,I haven’t felt this positive since our wonderful 16/17 season.
COYS!!!

Think o all the foreign players who have come to Spurs who "got it" completely - Ossie and Ricky, Van der Vaart, Hugo, Jan perhaps...

Erik is right up there with them, no one can doubt for a second he is 100% lilywhite. I can imagine a clip coming out of him giving it the full YIDDO, YIDDO thing some time.

Everyone who has cunted him off (yes NW1 Spur, I'm looking at you, you need to be first in the lengthy queue) should line up and apologise, the man is a legend

Last edited:
The ultimate shithousery player. Every top club needs one of those and Lamela is ours. He frustrates the opposition. He pisses off other supporters. He’s an aggressive little shit, but I just love him for it 😂😍 he comes on and always has an extremely positive attitude. His work rate is outstanding. Is he frustrating at times? No doubt. But name me a better squad player ? There’s not many.

Burnley set the rules for the match last night then have the gall to complain when Lamela comes on and plays according to the rules.

Scared of a "bit of Latin" to paraphrase Souness.
What fucks me off big time about douche is he rants on about how much he abhors diving and it should be driven out the game . At the same time employing just about every other game killing gamesmanship/cheating tactic there is

Back
Top Bottom