Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The conundrum with Lamela is, has his nagging injuries sort of helped people's view of him? Would he still be here if not for his constant injuries? Would he have gone to Marseille, back to Roma or Argentina?

Not sure.

15/16 he was great. Was Poch Spurs personified. If he had been able to keep that up consistently, stayed fit through the coming seasons we may have done better then having to rely on Nkoudou, Sissoko etc as wide midfielders.

Weird.

Out of the three - I think Bergwijn is the better finisher personally. And the stats have shown that since Bergwijn has been here.

Lucas has 1 league goal since January 2020. Lamela has 0.

Bergwijn has 3. In fact, including assists, he's been involved in more goals than both Lucas and Lamela put together.

My gut says Lamela was in better form than both, in the spells he's been fit, his pace and hunger to harry and angle of close down are dynamic, if his end tackle is often rash, he plays with an impetus which transmits through the team (thought Hojbjerg had it but his is more flashes), causing the opposition team to play faster which increases chances that quality will prevail. On the RW on his day he's our best player IMO (for that position).

Just such an erratic spurs type enigma, hope he scores key goals to win us the Europa, is at least how I think it should be viewed.

My gut says Lamela was in better form than both, in the spells he's been fit, his pace and hunger to harry and angle of close down are dynamic, if his end tackle is often rash, he plays with an impetus which transmits through the team (thought Hojbjerg had it but his is more flashes), causing the opposition team to play faster which increases chances that quality will prevail. On the RW on his day he's our best player IMO (for that position).

Just such an erratic spurs type enigma, hope he scores key goals to win us the Europa, is at least how I think it should be viewed.
:dierpochhug:

Anyone else completely done with Lamela now?

He generally gets a free pass because he looks busy off the ball.

When he has the ball he just runs with it and plays like he’s staring at the floor

Anyone else completely done with Lamela now?

He generally gets a free pass because he looks busy off the ball.

When he has the ball he just runs with it and plays like he’s staring at the floor
Yes I am. I always thought he was a quality player who has bad luck with injuries and works his socks off on the pitch but last night was another example of his limitations. Takes up great positions and two things happen , one he runs with the ball into an opposing player after delaying the pass, two, he miscontrols the ball and puts in a last ditch tackle to retrieve possession.

His work rate is still there but with zero end product we might as well pick a spurs fan with good fitness as the performance would be the same

get this fucking wage stealing Covid rule breaking cunt out of our club! would rather give a youth player a chance than relying on Lamela to be fit when you need him!

Well, would you look at that?

Lamela returns to the starting lineup and not only do we return to winning ways, we actually look like a football team again.

LAMELA HATERS SEETHING!
like him or not he brings such a high work ethic it forces the rest of the team to up theirs. shame that we have a load of players that need someone else to lead by example in the first place but it is what it is. ive never watched lamela and thought we look lethargic and uninterested, nothing worse than watching them like that. look like theyve been waiting to get beaten in too many games this year

He worked hard I will give him that and have never doubted him in that regard.

The quality still isn't there and I think against WBA he can get away with effort alone, but no chance that is enough against the non-Championship level sides.

Lamela was very good today. Part of being a successful forward is not losing the intent and to keep trying ways to break down a defence. Not every pass or dribble is going to create a serious chance. But he kept going, kept trying, didn’t shirk his responsibilities and helped to keep the intensity on West Brom.

Thought he was fairly average which is admittedly a step up in quality for young lamela.
LAMELA HATERS SEETHING

giphy.gif

Lamela was very good today. Part of being a successful forward is not losing the intent and to keep trying ways to break down a defence. Not every pass or dribble is going to create a serious chance. But he kept going, kept trying, didn’t shirk his responsibilities and helped to keep the intensity on West Brom.
Lucas and Lamela should be playing over Stevie. They’re just more of a threat and can make plays more often than Stevie.

It's always just about how long he lasts before he gets injured. I believe he offers alot to the side with his energy and intent but it's always a question of how long do we get before his body breaks down again which is a shame. I love his intensity and desire.

Back
Top Bottom