Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love Lamela. Good looking boy, worked his butt off, great on defence, talented going forward, skilful, and more.
I never quite understood why he wasnt in the centre of the pitch working with the defensive midfielder on defence but also having the skills and vision to drive the team on.

I will miss him if he goes but agree with others that now is time for a new challenge.

I love Lamela. Good looking boy, worked his butt off, great on defence, talented going forward, skilful, and more.
I never quite understood why he wasnt in the centre of the pitch working with the defensive midfielder on defence but also having the skills and vision to drive the team on.

I will miss him if he goes but agree with others that now is time for a new challenge.
I remember years ago, on SC, where myself and another poster were banging on about him needing to be moved centrally to see the best of him. He was continually played wide right and was utterly wasted there as he had little to no impact whatsoever. This was a time when the vast majority were clamouring for him to be sold as " he was useless."
He got moved centrally and, whilst he didn't pull up trees in his first couple of appearances, you could see he was improving.

Then he had a couple of quality games (MoM in both I think) and he got to the point where many felt he was the first name on the teamsheet.

Then he got yet another long term injury.

The guy has never really had the opportunity to build up any momentum with us due to his hips et al. Such a shame, as I truly believe he would have been excellent had he, say, had the kind of injury free career with us that Eriksen had.

But yes, time for him to move on, and he'll be remembered by more than a few very fondly.

I remember years ago, on SC, where myself and another poster were banging on about him needing to be moved centrally to see the best of him. He was continually played wide right and was utterly wasted there as he had little to no impact whatsoever. This was a time when the vast majority were clamouring for him to be sold as " he was useless."
He got moved centrally and, whilst he didn't pull up trees in his first couple of appearances, you could see he was improving.

Then he had a couple of quality games (MoM in both I think) and he got to the point where many felt he was the first name on the teamsheet.

Then he got yet another long term injury.

The guy has never really had the opportunity to build up any momentum with us due to his hips et al. Such a shame, as I truly believe he would have been excellent had he, say, had the kind of injury free career with us that Eriksen had.

But yes, time for him to move on, and he'll be remembered by more than a few very fondly.
I completely disagree honestly.

I think he was much better as a RAM than a CAM. He was WAY too slow on the ball to play in the center of the pitch. I remember countless times being so frustrated that he took 3 extra touches in the middle of the pitch that completely closed off passing lanes and killed great attacking chances.

As a RAM it's OK for him to take more time on the ball and he could use his left foot to threaten defenses.

I like the guy but frankly, the fact that many people are not even sure what his best position is, and he's been here 8 years, tells you all you need to know about Lamela. If shithousing is your best attribute as an attacking midfielder, that's not great.

Aye.... Injuries wrecked his time here and his natural growth as a player..... I mean, he couldn't have had a shittier first couple of years on that front; let alone what came after.

Yeah but what an indictment. I recall the days when people slated Savage, who was no worse than Lamela in many respects.
And rightly so as Savage couldn’t play either imv
The original headless chicken
Whereas Coco can turn it on occasionally but he’s inconsistent and injury prone

I wish him the best wherever he ends up and the sight of him stepping on Fibreglasses hand will stay with me forever
Brilliant 🤩

Anyone know how good this Spanish boy is who’s coming to us?
Have a read of the last few pages of the summer transfers thread - a lot of talk about him on there obviously, and videos. He seems quite like Lamela in some ways tbh, skilful, arrogant with the ball maybe, but has 3 Spain caps at such a young age so must be very highly thought of there.

He needs to go. And....Dier Winks Sissoko Alderweireld we need to change the furniture. Shake up the dynamics enough might trick Harry into thinking he has moved clubs.

Embrace past colour schemes maybe....?
images

Back
Top Bottom