Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never lived up to the 30million price tag unfortunately but like a few others who mentioned it his commitment and attitude when he payed for us was second to none if a few more had, had the same willingness to fight he would be leaving us with a few winners medals.

Never forget

nintchdbpict000384113891.jpg

I know I'm in the minority but I am really excited Lamela is finally gone. He was such a waste of wages and squad space imo. He had a few good years early but has since been a medical/red card issue whenever he played stretches of games in a row.

I know fans love his shithousery but I wasn't a fan. If you're going to be that way, you need to be able to back it up with real skill and talent. You also need to play enough to make a difference. IMO Lamela did none of those.

I wish him well and I will cheer for him when I watch La Liga but I won't miss him at Spurs.

Lamela is one of my favourite Spurs players of all time and it’ll be sad to see him go. His pure cuntiness and passion for the club are second to none, he always gave 100%. From stamping on Fabregas’ hand, calling Wilshere a pussy, stealing the Burley physio’s water bottle after nearly putting their player in hospital or scoring two outrageous rabonas. We must remember him.

Cult hero if ever there was one.

If only his muscles weren’t made out of Poundland elastic bands, things might have been oh so different.

:lamelaaghh:

I know I'm in the minority but I am really excited Lamela is finally gone. He was such a waste of wages and squad space imo. He had a few good years early but has since been a medical/red card issue whenever he played stretches of games in a row.

I know fans love his shithousery but I wasn't a fan. If you're going to be that way, you need to be able to back it up with real skill and talent. You also need to play enough to make a difference. IMO Lamela did none of those.

I wish him well and I will cheer for him when I watch La Liga but I won't miss him at Spurs.

Nope..... Check his record.

He had a few good years early but has since been a medical/red card issue whenever he played stretches of games in a row.
He received the grand total of one red card in his 8 years at the club. Not sure I’d class that as an issue.

The real issue is the players that we’ve had come through our club who don’t give a flying fuck about the shirt. They’re happy to collect their pay with minimal effort.

I fucking love Lamela’s attitude. It’s a stark breath of fresh air in contrast to the snowflake bellends modern day football is filled to the brim with.

As for your assessment that Lamela had no skill or talent. That’s just lazy, regurgitated bollocks that bounces off the walls from time to time whenever he has a bad day at the office. Lamela, on his day is a brilliant footballer with an abundance of talent. His career was tarnished by injury. Not by lack of effort or skill and because of that he will go down in mine and many other Spurs fan’s books as a club cult hero.

I can still remember the day the news broke that we had agreed a deal for him with Roma. I genuinely don’t think I’ve ever been as excited for a transfer as I was when we signed Lamela. I genuinely thought he was going to be an absolute world class superstar. Was seen by many as one of the best attacking talents to come out of Argentina since Lionel Messi. Barcelona even allegedly offered Érik and his family the same package they offered Messi when he initially joined them.

Sadly, it never materialised and if we’re all being totally honest, he should have been sold much sooner. But, there are certainly some characteristics that I’ll miss, most notably his shithousery in Derby’s and his (very fleeting) moments of brilliance.

It’s been a great ride, but I think there’s very few fans who will feel this is a bad move for us.
Thank you for the effort over the years, Coco. :nunothumbs:

He received the grand total of one red card in his 8 years at the club. Not sure I’d class that as an issue.

The real issue is the players that we’ve had come through our club who don’t give a flying fuck about the shirt. They’re happy to collect their pay with minimal effort.

I fucking love Lamela’s attitude. It’s a stark breath of fresh air in contrast to the snowflake bellends modern day football is filled to the brim with.

As for your assessment that Lamela had no skill or talent. That’s just lazy, regurgitated bollocks that bounces off the walls from time to time whenever he has a bad day at the office. Lamela, on his day is a brilliant footballer with an abundance of talent. His career was tarnished by injury. Not by lack of effort or skill and because of that he will go down in mine and many other Spurs fan’s books as a club cult hero.
You're right, some how the cunt only had 1 red. Not surprising based on how refs miss so much but the rest of my point still stands. People love to say Lamela has so much skill and talent but then they kill Lucas for being just as productive. Lamela has always been given slack because of his "attitude" and "passion"

I'd trade that passion in for a player who I could count on to show up. Either way, Lamela is finally gone so this pointless debate about him can end for good.

Never lived up to the 30million price tag unfortunately but like a few others who mentioned it his commitment and attitude when he payed for us was second to none if a few more had, had the same willingness to fight he would be leaving us with a few winners medals.
this is the same i feel about him,
when he came in I was expecting (from media about him) a new star, but he never lived up to it, runs well with the ball but forgets to pass it,
If we had more players with his fight we would have won something

I'll really miss his dark arts. That red card against Woolwich last season was the only blot on an otherwise perfect riding the line record of shithousery.

I hope someone steps up next season to take the bastard mantle. If we bring in Romero then perhaps between him and Lo Celso the argentine fire will continue to burn.

On a positive: I always thought a return to Serie A or move to La Liga would suit him. Looking forward to keeping an eye out for Erik in highlights etc.

I'll have to sort of agree here.

Ultimately the NLD showed the exact sort of player he is.

Someone who could score a wondergoal but then be anonymous for the rest of the game and get sent off.

He never scored enough goals here and he was never fit enough.

He has 1 year left and he's not getting any younger . Now is the right time to sale.

Back
Top Bottom