Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

imo Lamela is so underrated.
Given you an agree, but also think it may be a case of him being underVALUED, as opposed to underrated. I think people (sometimes rightfully) expect a better goal/assist output from him, which could be a case of people maybe overrating some of his abilities. But he offers so much value to the team with his effort and tenacity whenever he is called upon. Relentlessly hassles the opposition, creates stirs and situations that, while not counting as assists, often open the game up and result in opportunities for us to score/shoot. Definitely a José type player.

If I’m honest, I fucking love him. Never causes a fuss when not called on, ALWAYS gives his all when he is. Been tragically unlucky with injuries. Not at all what I initially expected him to be - and actually a strange sort of player, but one I’m very glad to have. Fibreglass and Wilshire moments, among other absolute shit-housery get him Yid status for me.

Burnley set the rules for the match last night then have the gall to complain when Lamela comes on and plays according to the rules.

Scared of a "bit of Latin" to paraphrase Souness.

Lamela kinda remind me of Dennis Rodman of the Bulls. unsung hero, does a lot of dirty work, does whatever it takes to help the team win the game..
imo Lamela is so underrated.

Hmmmm....

My view is that he has found his place and seems content with it.

He is not good enough to start most games but he is proving to be that rarest of beasts (when fit) who seems willing to be a squad player.

His biggesr assets are opposition irritability and tenacity. He also always seems to give all he has.

Good on the bloke

This is the advantage of having a big squad now. We can use Lamela for short burst high intensity performances off the bench to see games out. Before we had to play him 90 mins all the time and his body couldn’t take it.

People moaned in the match day thread when he was coming on...
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I give you that noted Latin Master of the Dark Arts, Robbie "ooh that hurt" Savage.

Of course Savage dived against us in a cup final leading to Justin Edinburgh being sent off. That still doesn't make Savage an "intelligent cunt" though.

He is no more and no less than a complete cunt.

Of course Dion Dublin thought so too. Always liked Dion......

Nice one Dion

Savage nearly messed up his hair on the way down
Cunt

His energy and work rate are excellent in these types of situations. He can also make things happen. I was more than a bit disappointed he didn’t get the chance to do to Barnes what he did to McNeil.
Sissoko had a go though!

Back
Top Bottom