👑 Ledley King 👑 - First Team Assistant

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love Ledley. But if Conte was actually gettable in the summer (I know for Levy he wasn't) and he wanted to bring in his own crew and bin all of our coaches, Ledley included, I would have had no problem with that at all. I'm all for Ledley being an ambassador for the club though.

I don't know who the blonde woman is, but she summed things up very well, albeit her nasal tone is quite annoying.

Can't seem to find out who she is and why she's talking about Spurs.
Pretty much applies to every fuckingthing at the moment though. Token woman involved to prove the broadcaster isn't sexist.
Instead of forcing WSL players onto the mens matches, spend time and money building the WSL up. Be brave Sky, have one weekend a month where you don't show mens PL games and only show womens matches.
Split the sports and focus on building the ladies game.

Bring in female journalists and non-playing experts to talk about the mens game and the womens game. Ones who add something and then actually make a point of letting people know who these women are.

Hoddle was a legend and had a lot of good experience as a Manager including England but when it was not working out he was sacked. There is no room for sentimentality in Football. Whilst it is difficult to assess an Assistant Manager, he must be judged on merit and not sentimentality. He was a truly great player and I hope he turns out to be a truly great Manager.

Fixed for you.

King Ledley is criminally underrated. He's up there with Nesta, Baresi, Beckenbauer and Passarella.

Never seen better before or since.

None of them did this...

eb8X3X.gif

Might just be the greatest tackle of all time. Outside of Michelangelo's David.
Hahahahaa, briliant. It's funny coz it's true!

It took King less time to score the goal than it took Bolt to run 100m.

The computer that is Totti has a bug.

0.26 longer King 9.82 Bolt 9.58

So, it's actually 0.24 not 0.26 as the original Blizzard tweet claimed.

King was a good player but that doesn't mean he is a top coach
you have to learn the role of a coach and see if you can teach players what to do
I don't see anything in Jose team that shows King was coaching the defence well

Mourinhos defence was a disaster.

However, my impression from this board and the interweb in general is that the Mourinho cult are often mentioning King as an explanation, which I quite take offence to. He promoted King and he stood by him. It's his responsibility.

And that is ASSUMING that he even gave King lattitude to actually change things around in the defence.

Back
Top Bottom