20/21 season expectations

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I expect us to compete for Top 4 as well as go far in both Domestic Cups and Europa League. I don't expect us to win any because they are all difficult to win but I think we have a chance in all three competitions and a chance to finish top 4.

City usually go for it in all competitions, but they don't have the depth they once had plus they are under such scrutiny to win the league and champions league then they might take their eye off it.

Same for Liverpool who, already out the league cup, might focus on the Champions League and Premier League over the league cup.

Woolwich rely solely on Aubameyang to help them, would they risk him in all their competitions?

Chelsea have the depth, but I'm not sure Lampard is the man to take them forward.

Now the transfer window is closed (to a degree) and we have a settled squad, what are your expectations for this season?

We've added 6 players that instantly improve us, including bringing back Bale.

I think, in all honesty, we will win the League Cup, Europa and push for top 4. If we weren't to focus on the cups then I'd say we'd push for the title, we have the squad for it, but the most important thing is getting that first trophy in.
Second place. I don't think we have a strong enough defence to win it. But we could get lucky and if we are in good shape inJanuary buy a good CB, pay the premium to try and win it.

I expect us to win at least one cup. I will be surprised if we don’t.

Second place. I don't think we have a strong enough defence to win it. But we could get lucky and if we are in good shape inJanuary buy a good CB, pay the premium to try and win it.

I expect us to win at least one cup. I will be surprised if we don’t.
If we're still in Europa, League Cup and the top 4 race come January window then you can guarantee we'll look at a centre half to get us over the line in the competitions.

I always keep my expectations at a minimum. Top 4 and challenging for a trophy for me. Just think how shit we were a half of season ago. Monetarywise we need to make Top 4, anything else is a total plus for me.

Quadruple. Obviously we are winning the 3 cup competitions we are in, but I think 109 points will be enough to wrap up the league as well.

Maybe its just me , but if we just make top 4 this season and win fuck all i will see it as a bit of a failure on Joses part, he needs to win something this season.

Maybe its just me , but if we just make top 4 this season and win fuck all i will see it as a bit of a failure on Joses part, he needs to win something this season.
I think he would see that as a failure too, and I don't think it will happen

I think we will do much better than that

I expect top 4 and a trophy: really want It to be The europa league so the whole world takes notice. Christ, nu metal was a thing last time we won one and i had green hair and an eyebrow piercing

There are lots that I want but my expectations:
1. Champions League qualification either via Europa League trophy or top 4.
2. One of any of the cups.

I'll be happy watching that band of twats at AFTV separate from reality as they realise that they are nowhere near our standard and bludgeon each other to death with impact resistant rubber Ian Wright dolls.

And I'd like to see us get top 4 and a trophy.

Two trophies based on it being a year ending in one. Having not won a trophy in either 01 or 11 makes it more likely to win two or more trophies in 21, because that's how it works, I think.

Back
Top Bottom