ARE WE GOING TO FINISH TOP HALF THIS SEASON?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well I don’t want to big myself up mate as I am a humble chap but to illustrate my point I made a post on the Mourinho thread yesterday that summarised most of what I have discussed with you this morning and strangely enough 14 people either liked or agreed with what I said and 0 disagreed- so unless all of those posters are delusional I would suggest that it is you who is .Anyway don’t get upset- it’s good to be different 🤪
At a point, most people in the world believed that the earth was flat - make of that what you will.

Ahh, a new variation on the old Levy didn't miss the sitter quip that's been doing the rounds for 20 years

Who appointed Jose, mate, Father Christmas? 🎅
Are you suggesting that the logic behind appointing a manager who’d won 23 trophies in 16 years is one that should see the chairman walk?

Because halfway through his first full season we are 6th, and in a final?

Whats this John?

Are you suggesting that the logic behind appointing a manager who’d won 23 trophies in 16 years is one that should see the chairman walk?

Because halfway through his first full season we are 6th, and in a final?

Whats this John?
Of course not. Just like I'm sure your'e not suggesting 20 years and counting of missed opportunities and sacked managers can't just be down to a poor performance against Fulham.

Or are you?

the shawshank redemption life GIF

Of course not. Just like I'm sure your'e not suggesting 20 years and counting of missed opportunities and sacked managers can't just be down to a poor performance against Fulham.

Or are you?
Let’s see....20 years ago we didn’t miss many opportunities to be honest. We actually went from mid table to regular EL football in about three seasons, thanks to the Jol years.

Like then, our fan base had decided we were somehow a massive club and Jol needed to go now and he’d taken us as far as he could.

He was fired. Many fans thought the manner he was fired was despicable but the decision was correct.

We appointed one of Europe’s most sought after and presently successful managers.
He won us a trophy.

Then we appointed Arry in order to stop the rot. He took us to 4th. 8 years from Levys arrival, we were in the CL.

Then the fans wanted Arrys head. We’d “outgrown him”.
Levy gave the fans AVB and they were delighted.

It went to shit, and he gave us Poch.
The fans loved him and still do.

Then it went to shit and he hired one of the most successful managers in the history of the game.

The story here seems to be that Levy gave the fans what they wanted in most cases, then after deciding in hindsight it wasn’t very good, they feel Levy should walk.

Let’s see....20 years ago we didn’t miss many opportunities to be honest. We actually went from mid table to regular EL football in about three seasons, thanks to the Jol years.

Like then, our fan base had decided we were somehow a massive club and Jol needed to go now and he’d taken us as far as he could.

He was fired. Many fans thought the manner he was fired was despicable but the decision was correct.

We appointed one of Europe’s most sought after and presently successful managers.
He won us a trophy.

Then we appointed Arry in order to stop the rot. He took us to 4th. 8 years from Levys arrival, we were in the CL.

Then the fans wanted Arrys head. We’d “outgrown him”.
Levy gave the fans AVB and they were delighted.

It went to shit, and he gave us Poch.
The fans loved him and still do.

Then it went to shit and he hired one of the most successful managers in the history of the game.

The story here seems to be that Levy gave the fans what they wanted in most cases, then after deciding in hindsight it wasn’t very good, they feel Levy should walk.
So we have a CEO renowned for concentrating on annual profits, being risk averse, and keeping a tight lid on our transfer budget ........... Appointing a highly decorated manager renowned for operating with an open cheque book and pretty much getting his pick of expensive superstars in the prime of their career wherever he's managed.

tenor.gif

So we have a CEO renowned for concentrating on annual profits, being risk averse, and keeping a tight lid on our transfer budget ........... Appointing a highly decorated manager renowned for operating with an open cheque book and pretty much getting his pick of expensive superstars in the prime of their career wherever he's managed.

tenor.gif
I’m open to proper discussion but you don’t really offer anything that will change my views, so I’m just as happy to agree to disagree.

Hopefully we can all celebrate together soon

Back
Top Bottom