CHELSEA VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR | SUNDAY 23 JANUARY 2022 | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So only Poch can beat Chelsea with a spurs team?

Was surprised to see the line up but fair enough for Conte trying different things.

I think the team put in a good shift compared to the other attempts at Chelsea.

Skipp should always start!

Getting bit tired of Hojberg's flappy arms.

Yeah we do, no question, No one is disputing that.

But our rivals for top 4 - Woolwich, Man Utd and West Ham have issues with their squads as well. Their fans are all saying the exact same thing about this window being vital.

Unless one of these clubs does a mad spend this week and we do nothing then we are in a top 4 race.
I'd say we're on a par with West Ham. Just like we were last season.

There's only so much Conte can do with out current squad, and two so called skillful midfielders are shit.

Edit - and Gil looks out of place.
Indeed - and what Conte has done so far has been to improve us considerably and get us into contention for 4th, with the existing squad. Why on earth you'd give up on 4th right now, despite our existing squad getting us into a good position to compete for it, is beyond me. Not saying we shouldn't strengthen - of course we should, and surely we will - but you said you'd given up on 4th, which seems stupid given that we're challenging for it now even with the existing squad.

Trying to be positive, away in North Putney isn't a game that defines our season unfortunately, You mentally cross those games off when the fixtures are announced. Nor are Chelsea, as things stand, a team that will define our season here on in.

Arsen@l, West Ham, United, Wolves even yes.

Many a slip twixt cup and lip as my mum used to say. Keep our eyes on the prize, 4th and an outside shot at the FA Cup.

Oh, and Joe Lewis, I know you're reading this. Be a mensch, stop schnorring and dig deep. You can't take it with you mate.
Absolutely , as disappointing as today was ( and that definitely bloody hurt) this game was never going to define our season. Take it on the chin, get a couple of decent players in and we can definitely compete for a top four spot. Give Conte what he needs and I’m sure we can give it a right good crack! Supporting Spurs is never going to be a comfortable ride but let’s get back on that roller coaster and and give it everything! Are you listening Mr Levy?

"it's happened again" has it ChelHISSSSSea fans??

...it happens every time you cunts!

"He's one of your own, he's one of your own...
ADOLF HITLER, he's one of your own!"

30 years of this relentless shit has sent me over the edge I'm afraid!!

Nazis gonna Nazi!!

Us soppy yid cunts just let them.... Shame innit? But it's all good fun for them I guess...
Then again, so was bayonetting Jewish babies for their ansecstors!

Fuck this shit. If there IS a god, this finishes 2-2...
But there REALLY isn't, IS there 'God fans'?
Awwww, James78 James78 why the disagree? You not been to many Spurs Chelsea games down the years??
Only seen their 'sanitised' support on the telly?

Not REALLY witnessed it first hand? You do KNOW they sing songs about celebrating Hitler killing Jews, don't you? You do know that, right?

But you disagree all you want mate.... More strength to your elbow!

Last edited:
Couldnt watch so the pain is not too bad.

Judging by the stats we bent over to them as per. Disappointing.

No goals in 4 games against these cunts.

A bit concerning that Conte didn't seem to learn from our previous losses or the numerous examples of teams taking points off them recently.

Indeed - and what Conte has done so far has been to improve us considerably and get us into contention for 4th, with the existing squad. Why on earth you'd give up on 4th right now, despite our existing squad getting us into a good position to compete for it, is beyond me. Not saying we shouldn't strengthen - of course we should, and surely we will - but you said you'd given up on 4th, which seems stupid given that we're challenging for it now even with the existing squad.
4th is the best we could hope for.

Don't forget that West Ham beat Chelsea 3 -2 and Chelsea made us look like a championship team over 3 recent matches,

UtD drew 1-1 with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

That's a given. I'm sure we all know who's to be blamed for that.

It's sad that we have to realise, if Davies has to be relied on, on a permanent bases, we really have problems.

We were 8 games unbeaten with Davies in the team, Davies is the least of our problems. Let’s fix the gaping lack of quality in midfield and depth in attack before we start stressing about a player who has been solid for Conte.

After his decent half hour or so against Leicester, Doherty was back to his usual self, the worst player we’ve ever signed

Tanganga seems a good lad and is committed but just isn’t anywhere near good enough

Davies should be a third choice centre back for us, he isn’t a full back

Winks back to his usual self after a decent little run of form and new manager bounce, woeful player with no bollocks

Let’s not beat around the bush, Chelsea are light years better than us, Conte isn’t a miracle worker, we need signings desperately

Back
Top Bottom