Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For saying FA should look into it. Ridiculous that they are in situation where they have to choose one competition, all because of FA.
The FA do not run the League cup - if you're going to call someone a cunt at least get your facts straight. Liverpool didn't want to move the date, they could have.

The EFL gave them permission to send out the crappy team, as per Liverpools wishes. (Parry who is Ex Liverpool CEO runs the EFL, probably why they got to choose rather than the fixture rearranged against their wishes).

Last edited:
The FA do not run the League cup - if you're going to call someone a cunt at least get your facts straight. Liverpool didn't want to move the date, they could have.

The EFL gave them permission to send out the crappy team, as per Liverpools wishes. (Parry who is Ex Liverpool CEO runs the EFL, probably why they got to choose rather than the fixture rearranged against their wishes).

Thank you for your adult response. That's all I was asking.

Christ on a bike. The VARvic's get soundly thrashed by Villa reserves. Imagine the mental gymnastics required in the sky sports thinktank that day to shit out a pro dipper article.

The immediate boost in clicks they get over the last and next year for pro plastic dipper tripe will come back to haunt them when the rest of the audience rolls their eyes and tunes out.

I blame city for being so dominant at the same time as having zero soul or marketability.

The Leicester story has already been flogged a few years ago. Ole probably gets more coverage as a failure than a success. So therefore it is up to a Jose/Amazon combo to make football great again. :D

Match officials, VAR, BBC all bending over backwards for you but it’s never enough

It’s not a surprise no one gives a toss.

the champions league is the best teams in the world. Winning that is a greater accolade than the club World Cup.

for the other regions it’s a huge badge of honour as you’ve beat the best in Europe.

From a European perspective its like the charity shield

Last edited:
It’s not a surprise no one gives a toss.

the champions league is the best teams in the world. Winning that is a greater accolade than the club World Cup.

for the other regions it’s a huge badge of honour as you’ve beat the best in Europe.

From a European perspective its...

Nice cliffhanger! : P

(But yeh, I agree with the rest....)

I don't understand how Liverpool are so utterly dominant this season, are they simply that good? Or is it more about fear factor of teams playing them?
I wouldn't say we are dominant . We seem to have the players and the mentality to seize the moment when it arrives. Of course you need that bit of luck but this is a very good TEAM and to deny that is stupid

They've got probably 7/8 points more than they deserved based on their performances in the league so far, but obviously they are a very good and well-balanced side and you can't say that Man. City, Leicester or whoever deserve the title more this season, we certainly don't.

Having said that, I'm convinced that we can beat them in a few weeks time in our stadium.

Last edited:
I don't understand how Liverpool are so utterly dominant this season, are they simply that good? Or is it more about fear factor of teams playing them?
The standard of football has gone down, not just in the prem but in Europe, I can see those bastards winning the CL again this season.

They have a great central defender and great wingbacks. Add to that they have strikers that have even said in interviews they will dive again so defenders wouldn't dare rugby tackle them like Kane vs Wolves/Newcastle. The penalty vs Serge was a perfect example that they know what they are doing and are confident that if they go looking for it, they will be backed. It would take big stones to deny a dipper penalty in injury time.

The EPL need a team that will bring the casual punters back in. Lord knows the oil cunts can't do that as they have no soul. Which team has more casual fans than the dippers and manure? Manure are hot garbage for for now so the dippers it is. The EPL is like any business and will never be happy without growth.

With all this backing the players have a sense of belief in them. If they are 0-1 down in the 80th minute they still play for the win. Just like when we are 2-0 up in the 90th minute we play for the draw :D

But a lot like the media and politics, eventually the neutral will grow tried of having it forced down their throats every week and the pendulum will swing. The only positive about their resurgence is that they will eventually implode and we will all piss ourselves laughing as they have a collective meltdown.

LFC have the owners backing. They spent money when and where needed at the right time. VVD (a steal at £75m) and Becker. As long as Levy is at spurst that won't happen with us. We just patch over the cracks. PL title is theirs already. 3 titles in 2 seasons out of Klopps 5. Can't deny them that surely?. MP had 5 1/2yrs. Where are we now? Still treading water.

Back
Top Bottom