Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

CEkDVVDWgAMODFr.png
That Sturridge pic :dawsonlol:

Good to see lots of media attention on the 30th anniversary of the Bradford City stadium fire where 56 lost their lives.

No... no wait... no they're still talking about Liverpool...

I believe there was a minutes silence/applause at every league fixture earlier in the season.

I find it embarrassing to be a football fan when people use Hillsborough as some sort stick to beat Liverpool fans with. Especially as a Spurs fan as there but for the grace of God could have been us.

Know your history.

It might also help if you read the newspapers and follow what is happening with the current Hillsborough inquiry. You might start sharing some of my embarrassment.

I doubt it. But you might.

I'm not using Hillsborough as a stick to beat Liverpool fans with, they're using it as a stick to beat everyone else, something which a large proportion of people are fed up with. In fact I didn't even mention Hillsborough and am not too sure where you made the link... are Liverpool defined by it?

As you brought it up though, do you think the media coverage between Bradford and Hillsborough are proportionate?

You're not sure where I made the link.....

Are you retarded or troll?

Are Liverpool defined by Hillsborough?
Do they have the monopoly on football-related disasters?
Do you think the media coverage between the Bradford fire and Hillsborough are proportionate?

Did you post your musings in the only Liverpool thread on this forum?
Are you retarded?
Did you know there was a lot of coverage over the disaster this year to commemorate the anniversary?
Do you feel a little bit silly?

And in answer to your pointless question. Yes. Yes I do. There can never be enough coverage over state assisted murder then cover ups.

If you are remotely interested there is a special report about to happen on radio five in regard to the fire. After the latest update in the Hillsborough inquiry of course.

Child.

To reiterate: I believe the media spend far too much time talking about Liverpool. A lot of this thread is about this very idea. My comment was that even on the 30th anniversary of the Bradford City fire, the main articles on the BBC Sport website are about Liverpool. I find this somewhat distasteful and don't understand why this particular avoidable disaster doesn't get more coverage.

Sorry. I do get quite emotional about Hillsborough. It encapsulates all that was wrong about football and the 80s in general for me.

in one of my first ever jobs I was made a fire warden. Part of the training included watching the entire Bradford Disaster unfold. Nothing was left out. I believe you can access this on you tube. I wouldn't reccommend it. It still gives me horrors to this day.

It wasn't totally unavoidable but a lot more lives could have saved. Despite the recent book and the somewhat fishy circumstances surrounding the then chairmans other business problems and arson/other of his premises catching fire. I'm not sure it was deliberate. But I'm open minded.

Despite this it wasn't the same level of disaster of Hillsborough on so many levels. But I'm not trying to get into a game of top trumps over something so horrible.

Fancy playing David Bowie's "Heroes" and REM "The End Of The World As We Know It" when saying bye bye to Gerrard.

Should have been Max Merritt & The Meteors - "Slipping Away"

How is he over rated?

He was the best English player of his generation. Surely that counts as something? He was genuinely world class.

I think there is a wee bit of hate lurking there somewhere fella.
Paul Scholes. actually did spend his career at one club as well.
if you want to be petty about age, then Ashley Cole as well. may be a cunt, but for most of their time in an England shirt, him and Scholes were England's only truly world class players.

I would argue Gary Neville as well, btw. whilst not as good as the other two, I think it could be argued that he was the best english player of the level just below world class.

A couple of years back, they picked a team of the 20 years to celebrate 20 years of the prem. the english players in by both the public vote and the choice of a panel were Neville, Donkey Adams, Shearer, Cole and Scholes.

I can see why they are so pissed at Sterling, he's shown glimpses of promise but the mid season break he took and a lull in form recently are hardly worthy of over £100k a week.

Mid season it was about the money, now some journalists are agreeing with him and his agent it's about trophies. Bollocks.

This is why with the sums of money it astonishes me how idiotic people are in football, from top to bottom

It's one big game of poker, all Sterling had to do was exactly what Suarez did to a lesser level, try your guts out, tears on the pitch when they failed and say absolutely nothing, Then a couple of bids may have come in this summer....

Instead those daft cunts have talked themselves out of potentially millions and people like Wenger don't need this hassle in their squad

Would love a job on the commercial side in this industry

To be fair he's had to play upfront on he's own this season which isn't he's best role to play and not a natural finisher.
Got a feeling he's hoping to get a move to Woolwich so he'll be even more of a cunt.

To be fair he's had to play upfront on he's own this season which isn't he's best role to play and not a natural finisher.
Got a feeling he's hoping to get a move to Woolwich so he'll be even more of a cunt.

They've already got two players in his position though.

Yeah scum have got Sanchez, Gnabry, Walcott, Chamberlain, Welbeck etc.

City will probably go for him. Him and Aguero leading a counter attack...

That wont be too hard joining them! pricks

1. The dippers HAVE tried to bully him into signing a new contract.
2. He is a London boy (totally different from Kane's situation here)
3. Liverpool is a shithole.

:)

I agree, but thats the problem with footballers today, most have no loyalty. They go where the money is and that is to the detriment of the league and our national sport

I dont blame any player, I would do the same but its the football industry that has allowed this position to manifest itself

Back
Top Bottom