Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not a gamble at all. Not when you factor in Coutinho's sale to Barcelona all those years ago.

Remember, that has to be taken into account, vis-á-vie, net spend. And it always will.

It's not a gamble at all. Not when you factor in Coutinho's sale to Barcelona all those years ago.

Remember, that has to be taken into account, vis-á-vie, net spend. And it always will.

Anfield.
The year is 2046.
Liverpool unveil the world's first billion pound youth player; 13 y/o Bratislavan wonder-kid Dimitar Gonfukyo'up from Dynamo Bezos Jnrs......

Apologists: "Ah, but that Coutinho money......" :freund:

Last edited:
Didn't the Coutinho money technically go towards financing Alison and van Dijk?

I know how transfers are amortised, but essentially that £142m was budgeted for two massive spends

Didn't the Coutinho money technically go towards financing Alison and van Dijk?

Yes.

.....And funding the covid support effort.
....And keeping Greenpeace running for the next 20 years.
.....And ending apartheid back the 90's.
......And clearing my credit card debt.

God bless Anfield. :ledley:

Last edited:
So for the 4th season running, Liverpool's first game of the season is against a newly promoted club.

One day people will wake up to the ridiculous bias in favour of this club.

Mates and I were joking about this before the fixture list came out and suggested the EPL wouldn't have the plums to give them a promoted team yet again.

Fair play to them that they don't even hide it. I wonder who they'll get from Portugal in the CL this season.

£85m? Fuck me. One good season in a pub league. I'm sure he's good but £85m? Jesus.
100% gamble. Only thing is liverpool tend to get their big money signings right unfortunately.
Seemingly they do something called due dillegence.
We're only catching up in that regard

100% gamble. Only thing is liverpool tend to get their big money signings right unfortunately.
I agree these days but this one is still funny. Since Carol they have done pretty good business.

Sliding Euro 2012 GIF by UEFA

I agree these days but this one is still funny. Since Carol they have done pretty good business.

Sliding Euro 2012 GIF by UEFA

Not sure about that, they wasted the Suarez money as well on a lot of dross. Something that Brendan said wouldn't happen, after learning from how we spent the Bale money!

Keita and Oxlade weren't cheap either.

They really got lucky with Coutinho, Barca paid more than double what he was worth but they were A) loaded by the Neymar sale and B) desperate!

It's beyond due diligence, Liverpool's scouting has been incredible the past 5 years. They've practically not missed at all. It's a statistically improbable run - that they've managed it and it's only just about pulled them to the top of the league, rather than miles beyond it, is just an indictment of modern football.

No way we can replicate that success in recruitment. Indeed, I don't expect they can either. As they lose players like Mane and Salah I think you'll see their success rate regress to the mean.

It's beyond due diligence, Liverpool's scouting has been incredible the past 5 years. They've practically not missed at all. It's a statistically improbable run - that they've managed it and it's only just about pulled them to the top of the league, rather than miles beyond it, is just an indictment of modern football.

No way we can replicate that success in recruitment. Indeed, I don't expect they can either. As they lose players like Mane and Salah I think you'll see their success rate regress to the mean.
And did it with guys they poached off of us

Kills ya

Yeah, it's becoming increasingly clear that City are impossible to compete against. Every single one of their back line cost more than or equal to our record signing (except Zinchenko, but that's about to change).

If a player doesn't work out, just buy another one.

Yeah, it's becoming increasingly clear that City are impossible to compete against. Every single one of their back line cost more than or equal to our record signing (except Zinchenko, but that's about to change).

If a player doesn't work out, just buy another one.
Yeah. The costs of missing for clubs that have to operate on real financial principles can be punative for big misses (Sissoko, Ndombele, Sanchez to an extent). For them, they just buy another. Or, as they did with LB not that long ago, buy 2 in a window and see which one works.

Back
Top Bottom