Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

bobby smith said:
First off, i fucking hate the title of this thread, anyone with an once of history would know that liverpool fans are fucking salt of the earth. Proper knowledgeble football fans who i have the utmost respect for.

Back in the day i had tear ups on away days, that was just the way it was, it was give and fucking take. I was at Hillsborough in 81, the coach from my local was called off late on the friday night before the game, my brothers and a few mates decided to hitch to sheffield after the pubs shut.
12 hours it took to get there, but we were there in time for kick off, the old bill opened the gates just like they did eight years later that led to disaster. Lucky for us it didn't lead to deaths in the crowd, but 38 spurs fans suffered broken legs arms and ribs, before the opened the gates to releave the pressure in the leppings lane end.
Hillborough didn't have a valid safety certificate to stage a game of this magnitude, and semi-finals were moved for the following five years.
1987 leeds played in a semi at Hillsborough, quess what... crushing occured again. But sod it, it was only working class football fans, who gives a toss.
1989 Liverpool play forest, just like the previous games the club with the biggest following is allocated the smallest end, the game goes ahead despite the FA knowing full well that hillsborough dosn't hold a valid safety certificate, and the leppings lane end has a history of safety issues involving crushing.
96 men. women and children went to a football match and didn't come home, and the authorities covered the scandel up. Spurs were away to Wimbeldon on that day, i was in the seats at plough lane, when the news came through spurs fans were going fucking mental, all the talk was what happened in 81 we knew they fucked up yet again.
I knew the moment i got home that a cover up was in progress, the blame was being laid at liverpool fans, and it was all fucking lies. The biggest shame is the victims were being villified by all of football, yet im fucking proud of spurs fans who have constantly supported the case for the liverpool fans, why? because we knew the authorities were lying.

I haven't got a ticket for tomorrows game, but please sing "justice for the 96" its the very least compasonate football fans can do. And spurs fans are the best in the fucking world in my book.

i was there in 81 and at wimbledon in 89. everything you say is spot on and i agree 100%

sure every club has some arsehole fans, even us, chelsea have them in the majority, but as fans, we need to get a fucking grip, liverpool fans aint scum, they are just fans, similar in so many ways to anyone who reads this and loves their club.

Blanchflower said:
I haven't ever heard of any other clubs with fans that would actually mug each other for a ticket.

then you werent at villa park when a bunch of cunts tried to mug me for my ticket. failed though.

I know it's not currently fashionable to say so but the whole "the Liverpool fans were completely innocent at Hillsborough" is bollocks.

Mates that are Liverpool fans freely admit it as well.

It is a very good read, but while the song was not referencing Hillsborough from the majority of fans, wouldn't it have been a good idea just to not sing it that week? just for one week?

This is the problem with what I would call 'negative support'. Why focus on another team when your own team is playing Wigan? Why not just sing songs about the teams and players who are on the pitch. It's like our songs about Ledley, which mention either where one can stick Judas or that he's a better player than the racist prick.

The supporters singing that song knew that the press would pick it up, because they knew that Wigan supporters would not react to it, but that the press would cover it and this would lead to a response from Liverpool supporters at the next match.

NO1JIB said:
so, if someone wants an opinion on spurs fans, they should read an arseanal fans web site ?

If all they could read in the press is how magnificent we are then for a balanced opinion, yes.

Liverpool fans have been given a monopoly on grief now, nothing they do or say will ever be bad enough to cancel out the media's guilt over Hillsborough.

Blanchflower said:
NO1JIB said:
so, if someone wants an opinion on spurs fans, they should read an arseanal fans web site ?

If all they could read in the press is how magnificent we are then for a balanced opinion, yes.

Liverpool fans have been given a monopoly on grief now, nothing they do or say will ever be bad enough to cancel out the media's guilt over Hillsborough.

certain elements of the media [news int mainly] had an agenda, they hated football fans in general and they hated liverpool the city because it voted labour.

[change subject a bit, been reading danny blanchflower biography, thank fuck arseanal wouldnt pay the extra 2 grand villa wanted, what a waste that would have been and we wouldnt be who we are for sure, without that man]

Blanchflower said:
I know it's not currently fashionable to say so but the whole "the Liverpool fans were completely innocent at Hillsborough" is bollocks.

Mates that are Liverpool fans freely admit it as well.
Really! Where you there in 81? Because if you were you would feel completly differently. The exact same scene was unfolding in 89 as was in 81.
Crushing was happening outside the gates in 81 and police opened gate c to let spurs fans through to relieve the intense build up of pressure by the turnstiles. They did the very same thing in 89, but with a major difference, lateral fences had been installed since 81 allowing no sideways movement, thus increasing the pressure in the pens. An already unsafe terrace with a history of crushing was now even worse because of the lateral fences.

In 81 at least the police noticed the crushing and opened the perimeter gate to let fans out, and mark my words that saved spurs fans lives that day.

In 89 the match was filmed by the BBC, south yorkshire police and sheffield wednesday, there was also scores of photographers around the pitch. 71 hours of video footage was studied by the Taylor report, (not counting the two videos stolen from the police control room)
and thousands of pictures.
Not one frame from video or not a single photo showed misbehaviour from Liverpool fans, the corrupt establisment from top to bottom blamed them, don't you think they would have plastered video or photographic proof of wrong doing if they had it. They couldn't because there wasn't any.

Watch any footage of events unfolding and you will see liverpool fans helping the injured, 50 or more police on the half way line wrongly thinking its a pitch invasion and its plain there doing nothing to help.
Those expressing a biased view despite the overwhelming evidence must understand that it could have been Spurs fans dying instead, and mark my words the sun would have printed the same lies about us that they printed about liverpool fans, and you can bet your life the police and government would have covered it up the same way.

NO1JIB said:
Blanchflower said:
NO1JIB said:

certain elements of the media [news int mainly] had an agenda, they hated football fans in general and they hated liverpool the city because it voted labour.

[change subject a bit, been reading danny blanchflower biography, thank fuck arseanal wouldnt pay the extra 2 grand villa wanted, what a waste that would have been and we wouldnt be who we are for sure, without that man]

And I'd be a Woolwich fan.

Back
Top Bottom