Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hate the victim complex of Liverpool fans and thats never gonna change. But this is a human tragedy, just saw this

"BREAKING NEWS The BBC's Nick Ravenscroft asks the panel how many people might have been saved if there had been a better emergency service response. Dr Bill Kirkup confirms that 28 people didn't have obstruction of bloodflow and 16 had heart and lung function. He concludes that there is evidence that 41 people in total had the potential to survive."

Thats nearly half. It annoys me though that the horror of the incident is going to be transcended by a load of hysterical Liverpool fans who effectively serve to lampoon it.

Could anybody quickly summarize what's happened this morning then?

Tried looking through the trending stuff on twitter but nobody seems to be linking any articles and it's hard to be succint in 140 characters!

Steed_Train said:
Abbey Yid said:
Could anybody quickly summarize what's happened this morning then?

Tried looking through the trending stuff on twitter but nobody seems to be linking any articles and it's hard to be succint in 140 characters!

BBC coverage is good

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19570810
Cheers, didn't realise a report was being released today. Assumed somebody at the Sun was in hot water for an article but I thought wrong!

the thing that shocks me most is that almost half the victims could have been saved but south yorkshire police kept the ambulances & first aiders away!.
south yourkshire police have the blood of these fans on thier hands.

i was at the semi v wolves at hillsborough 4 years earlier sitiing above the leppings lane terrace & the excact same crush was happening, thankfully on that day a different police officer was in charge & he opened the gates & spurs fans were led to the kop end where a gap was created to accomodate them.
on both occasions the team with the bigger support was given the smaller allocation/stand at hillsborough

57 varieties said:
the thing that shocks me most is that almost half the victims could have been saved but south yorkshire police kept the ambulances & first aiders away!.

i was at the semi v wolves at hillsborough 4 years earlier sitiing above the leppings lane terrace & the excact same crush was happening, thankfully on that day a different police officer was in charge & he opened the gates & spurs fans were led to the kop end where a gap was created to accomodate them.
on both occasions the team with the bigger support was given the smaller allocation/stand at hillsborough
And Merseyside Police. They were there too.

Schoolboy'sOwnStuff said:
57 varieties said:

south yorshire police were in charge that day.. the buck stops with chief constable duckenfield who was leading the operation that day.. i've never seen any report or heard anything or seen anything about merseyside police being at or involved at hillsborough that day.

57 varieties said:
57 varieties said:

south yorshire police were in charge that day.. the buck stops with chief constable beekson who was leading the operation that day.. i've never seen any report or heard anything or seen anything about merseyside police being at or involved at hillsborough that day.
Just something I read this morning on the BBC's rolling website. A Merseyside police officer said he was there on duty that day and that he feels ashamed that his force was involved in policing that day.

I'm not sure why the FA don't seem to be implicated in any guilt. They allowed a succession of semi-finals to be played at a delapidated stadium and should also be held accountable.

Unless they already were in the original Taylor report.

I'm not sure why the FA don't seem to be implicated in any guilt. They allowed a succession of semi-finals to be played at a delapidated stadium and should also be held accountable.

fair enough on the mersey police mate!
this is the leppings lane end 4 years earleir when we played wolves in the semi!.. 38 spurs fans where hospitalised with crush injuries that day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtzHVe2mEN0

for me, today is about the families involved being publicly apologised to, and those accountable finally becoming so.

this isn't a sporting victory, nor one for Liverpool football club, contrary to the way some are treating it.

the heysel comment wasn't meant to offend, but I think it's important to remember that while the innocent deserve sympathy, some of those that seem to be basking in it don't.

JFT96.

Guess they neither set the safety regulations or police them

57 varieties said:

fair enough on the mersey police mate!
this is the leppings lane end 4 years earleir when we played wolves in the semi!.. 38 spurs fans where hospitalised with crush injuries that day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtzHVe2mEN0
Could've happened to literally any club with a decent following I guess. From what my dad's said in the past, it happened frequently. He was at the game in your video, but by some freak accident he was seated rather than standing (he always used to be standing). Not that there was any deaths at this game, but it does make you realise how lucky you can be. If things had have gone wrong on that particular day, I wonder how different the news reports would be.

Blanchflower said:

Guess they neither set the safety regulations or police them
But it was their competition and they chose to hold the match there. They should be responsible for checking it meets adequate safety requirements.

Back
Top Bottom