Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was there contact as he rounded the keeper?

Yes

Is that always given as a pen?

Yes

Does he make the most of it?

Yes

It’s a penalty by the way the game is always refereed. I don’t like it but that sort of contact always gets a penalty. They’re consistent on that.
There is an example from this season a few posts up where VAR overturned more contact.

Jota left his leg to try and get that minimal contact. It’s by the book simulation.

There is an example from this season a few posts up where VAR overturned more contact.

Jota left his leg to try and get that minimal contact. It’s by the book simulation.
The link above doesn’t come with a video of the actual incident.

Any contact in that situation usually gets a penalty. If you watch football then you see those given nearly every time. He had no incentive to fake the dive either and he’s clearly clipped. Keeper deserved a yellow for fouling him.

I agree that I would like to see a higher standard for these sort of plays but that’s the way they are refereed so it’s transparent.

You were trying to rule out intention earlier as a consideration so you should definitely think it’s a pen

Was there contact as he rounded the keeper?

Yes

Is that always given as a pen?

Yes

Does he make the most of it?

Yes

It’s a penalty by the way the game is always refereed. I don’t like it but that sort of contact always gets a penalty. They’re consistent on that.
If there is contact but it doesn't bring you down or throw you off balancde you can't take 3 steps, realise you aren't reaching the ball and then fling yourself on the floor. that's called a dive and is a yellow card offense according to the rules of the game.

If there is contact but it doesn't bring you down or throw you off balancde you can't take 3 steps, realise you aren't reaching the ball and then fling yourself on the floor. that's called a dive and is a yellow card offense according to the rules of the game.
I hate Liverpool but viewed in the context of how bodies move, if you take my left foot then I might be able to plant my right and fall the next time my left touches the ground. He makes the most of it but the keeper denies a clear goal scoring opportunity. You can’t go smacking peoples feet in the area.

Jota makes the most of it. When Kane did it we rightly said he was smart.

I hate Liverpool but viewed in the context of how bodies move, if you take my left foot then I might be able to plant my right and fall the next time my left touches the ground. He makes the most of it but the keeper denies a clear goal scoring opportunity. You can’t go smacking peoples feet in the area.

Jota makes the most of it.
that's not what happened though, he clearly has his balance, takes three steps realises that the ball is getting away from him and that by the time he gets a shot away there are going to be Newcastle defenders in a position on the line to block and then throws himself on the floor. Its a clear dive.

that's not what happened though, he clearly has his balance, takes three steps realises that the ball is getting away from him and that by the time he gets a shot away there are going to be Newcastle defenders in a position on the line to block and then throws himself on the floor. Its a clear dive.
Nope. Dubz

It’s clearly as a described it. Left gets taken, right plants, left falls.

The link above doesn’t come with a video of the actual incident.

Any contact in that situation usually gets a penalty. If you watch football then you see those given nearly every time. He had no incentive to fake the dive either and he’s clearly clipped. Keeper deserved a yellow for fouling him.

I agree that I would like to see a higher standard for these sort of plays but that’s the way they are refereed so it’s transparent.

You were trying to rule out intention earlier as a consideration so you should definitely think it’s a pen

None of what you typed there is true

Wouldn't it be refreshing to see a Liverpool fan say VAR was wrong and Jota should be ashamed.
Like Woolwich, every VAR decision that goes against them is wrong and we have to endure months of crying and how they are victims etc. Every decision that goes their way, of course is the correct decision. Not one of them has the knowledge or brains to go against the officials if they benefit from a decision.

They cry for days on end and rubbish the officials over and over, yet instead of the officials using that against them, they cave in and give them what they want.
It's the same with Arteta, his mocks the ref's, calls them disgrace but still gets the decisions.
Then there's Big Ange who never calls the officials out, stands up for them but they don't care and still give everything against us. We've had One pen and seven against.. Compare that to the two biggest whingers and disrespectful coaches.

Back
Top Bottom