Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How the hell was Lacazette not sent off!?
Mad, eh?

More in that than the Son red card (and I'm trying to look at it without bias) as there isn't even the excuse of being upside down with your legs in the air already: Lacazette just straight-up kicks out from a standing position.

Didn't see the Leeds player's reaction to it - I'm guessing he didn't need emergency surgery like Rüdiger appeared to require.

Mad, eh?

More in that than the Son red card (and I'm trying to look at it without bias) as there isn't even the excuse of being upside down with your legs in the air already: Lacazette just straight-up kicks out from a standing position.

Didn't see the Leeds player's reaction to it - I'm guessing he didn't need emergency surgery like Rüdiger appeared to require.

VAR is utterly corrupt. It’s going to kill the sport.

VAR is utterly corrupt. It’s going to kill the sport.

I said last season, when everyone was saying how Liverpool won't be as lucky this year because of VAR will cancel out their dives and all the favourable ref decisions they got last year etc, that it won't matter because its still the officials interpretation of what they see or choose to see.

Its consistencies and bad officiating that are killing the sport though, not VAR. - VAR clearly shows what we all saw, a kick and a red card... That's a red. Its the referee and those officiating that decided it wasn't.

Would be great to hear the justification from the referee towards his decision to not show a card to Lacazette, but sadly it'll just be buried away and not spoke about again.

I said last season, when everyone was saying how Liverpool won't be as lucky this year because of VAR will cancel out their dives and all the favourable ref decisions they got last year etc, that it won't matter because its still the officials interpretation of what they see or choose to see.

Its consistencies and bad officiating that are killing the sport though, not VAR. - VAR clearly shows what we all saw, a kick and a red card... That's a red. Its the referee and those officiating that decided it wasn't.

Yeah I got it badly wrong. I thought it would really benefit us but all it’s done is favour the big teams time and again. We’ve had our fill of that too of course. Sheff Utd, Watford, Norwich for example.

What a fucking laughable call that was, what’s the fucking point of VAR.
Not to mention Watford just had a red card decision overturned after the fact (like what happened to Son's vs. Everton).

So we now have a system where VAR is not consistently giving red cards and is not overturning obvious red card decisions in game.

I'm not saying VAR can never work, but I absolutely hate this version of it.

Back
Top Bottom