Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is a fascinating interview. I'm only halfway through it (there's only so much I can take in one dose) but it's got the feeling of a job interview. He blames the fans for creating a toxic atmosphere!

Everyone knows that. AFTV became such a meme, people were showing boards and signs of "Wenger Out" at various places, let alone being toxic towards a manager they had no history with. After Real, they're the most toxic fanbase towards their manager I can think of (Zenit as well but they're just a racist bunch). We liked to take the piss out of Dracula, but his 2 last choices were suicidal (A team wtih only one objective which is the hardest in World football, and the other with the worst fanbase). Really think he could go to somewhere like Valencia and do a decent enough job there.

Everyone knows that. AFTV became such a meme, people were showing boards and signs of "Wenger Out" at various places, let alone being toxic towards a manager they had no history with. After Real, they're the most toxic fanbase towards their manager I can think of (Zenit as well but they're just a racist bunch). We liked to take the piss out of Dracula, but his 2 last choices were suicidal (A team wtih only one objective which is the hardest in World football, and the other with the worst fanbase). Really think he could go to somewhere like Valencia and do a decent enough job there.
For me, he's an OK coach, nothing more. Everything I've read about him he has one fundamental issue that will be his limitation, he's unrelatable to his players. In every club he's ever managed the same thing gets said about him, he's as boring as fuck. He's training sessions are as boring as fuck. Players just stop listening to him (this I also think gets magnified outside of his native Spain).

Players don't want to protect him, don't want to run through brick walls for him. You can have the greatest tactical mind but if you can't transmit what it is you want the players to do and/or get them to buy into it 100% then your fucked.

He will easily get another job, he's just not an elite manger. For all those that look to managers that have won Europa League's and claim, "he's a winner" because of it, well this is what an EL winner is. He'll do a steady job for any mid-table club in any of Europes top Five Leagues (sure he won the League with PSG, I think Allardyce could too).

Back
Top Bottom