Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I prefer the minutes silence. It so much more moving seeing 90k people fall silent. The applause just seams like giving in to the morons.
I'd suggest applause is better than silence when it's a retired ex-player who died age 87 or something - celebrate the life, natural death not to be mourned.

However when it's a young guy it's a tragedy, like with Ugo - a minute silence is much more apt there I feel.

I'd suggest applause is better than silence when it's a retired ex-player who died age 87 or something - celebrate the life, natural death not to be mourned.

However when it's a young guy it's a tragedy, like with Ugo - a minute silence is much more apt there I feel.
against any other team, Id agree.

but this is Chavski, whose "fans" deliberately interrupted the minutes silence for Hillsborough when we played them in the last fa semi. Utter scum, cant be trusted to behave anywhere.

on the other hand I think weve done 2 immaculately for them, M Harding P Osgood.

With the news of Ugo today perhaps this is relevant. Coincidently, I watched this yesterday. I quite like Wrighty and whatever you think of Woolwich, Rocastle was such a gent. Died way too young.

Thanks for posting that. For personal reasons it was quite emotional for me as a very good mate of mine, Kevin Arnold, was his best mate. Kevin unfortunately past away a few months ago. Whilst I didnt know Kevin at the time when Rocastle died, I was friends (and enemies) with a few of the Woolwich academy lads before they came through and Rocastle was the player on everybody's lips back then.

Through Kevin I've gotten to know the Rocastles family and have met Ian Wright many times at parties etc. Ian Wright is a lovely bloke, charming in fact, very down to earth. Glad Kev got name checked in this, his son would be made up because of that.

Thanks for posting that. For personal reasons it was quite emotional for me as a very good mate of mine, Kevin Arnold, was his best mate. Kevin unfortunately past away a few months ago. Whilst I didnt know Kevin at the time when Rocastle died, I was friends (and enemies) with a few of the Woolwich academy lads before they came through and Rocastle was the player on everybody's lips back then.

Through Kevin I've gotten to know the Rocastles family and have met Ian Wright many times at parties etc. Ian Wright is a lovely bloke, charming in fact, very down to earth. Glad Kev got name checked in this, his son would be made up because of that.
Whilst he was a gooner, me & my old man both agreed that Rocastle was quality. As a football fan, sometimes you've got to take your biased head off & think "yep, great player". Enjoyed watching him play on TV. Hugely talented lad, taken way too soon.
Never been keen on Wrighty as he can't disguise his bias, which makes him unsuitable as a pundit imo. But it does fit in with him being down to earth if you imagine that's how he is in real life. The kind of bloke you could have fan banter with over a pint.

Great post though. Enjoyed reading it.

Woolwich are closing in on the £20m signing of Barcelona's Turkey midfielder Arda Turan, 30, to replace 28-year-old Mesut Ozil, whose contract expires in 2018.

:dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol:

Could you image Terry, Wiltshit goes back and they re-signed Fagregas would that be the most loathed goon set up in history!

Nothing will ever surpass the Adams, Keown, Bould, Alan Smith etc etc, era for loathsome goonery. I can still picture Adams flooring an attacking player, then doing his he dived ref thing with his hands. That team were uber cunts winning titles playing anti football.

Back
Top Bottom