Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They won't get 40% of everything.. They are only going to get 40% of anything over £4m per year..

So if the Vodaphone deal did go through ( which it won't because they've pulled out ) the deal was going to be £20m over 6 years which means the deal is only worth £3.33 million per year so they wont get a penny.

If it was for £30m over 5 years that would be £6m a year which would see them getting 40% of £2m.
ohdY5OaQmUmVW.gif

No actually £170 is a lot for a jacket, especially a Harrington which is neither warm nor waterproof.

£50 is a bit on the pricey side too, you can get one for a tenner on Ebay. That's 50 jackets...now that'll last you a lifetime!!

I usually buy my jackets in Hennes (H&M) for beer money and each one could have lasted me a lifetime if I hadn't have binned/charity-ed them for one reason or another, usually for fashion. In fact if I'd kept most of them they'd probably come back into fashion 10 or 15 years later.

No actually £170 is a lot for a jacket, especially a Harrington which is neither warm nor waterproof.

£50 is a bit on the pricey side too, you can get one for a tenner on Ebay. That's 50 jackets...now that'll last you a lifetime!!
Maybe snide Harringtons ain't waterproof, but the G9 barracudas are for £330 or so.

It's like buying a mac or buying a real mackintosh.
Or buying a uniglo qullted jacket stuffed with polyester filling or a more expensive one stuffed with goose down.
Anyway each to his own. I am not one for flashy labels and logos though, most is shit and well overpriced.

Last edited:
They won't get 40% of everything.. They are only going to get 40% of anything over £4m per year..

So if the Vodaphone deal did go through ( which it won't because they've pulled out ) the deal was going to be £20m over 6 years which means the deal is only worth £3.33 million per year so they wont get a penny.

If it was for £30m over 5 years that would be £6m a year which would see them getting 40% of £2m.
Oh, I see. That's ok then. I got all wound up for nothing.

that 1966 shite that I always heard from Spammers. They have nothing to celebrate and no history so the "we won the World Cup" line always comes out. Glad to say there are no longer any Spammer fans in my life...

On a side note, was talking to my Severn year old daughter at the weekend, explaining squirrels are trying to get in our roof and will destroy stuff so I have to put traps down to get rid of them (she saw the traps). She then said

"if they are pests we should have just got rid of the first one to have been born, then there would be no more".

Should I worry?
When she starts referring to you as mein fuhrer then i'd worry. :levystare:

I usually buy my jackets in Hennes (H&M) for beer money and each one could have lasted me a lifetime if I hadn't have binned/charity-ed them for one reason or another, usually for fashion. In fact if I'd kept most of them they'd probably come back into fashion 10 or 15 years later.
1 nice leather jacket can last a lifetime:) they're not cheap but worth it:)

really, selling the players shirts to the highest bidder, for club profit. What a joke of a club.
They won 11 games all season and only beat clubs in the top 10 3 of those 11. I suppose to them that is a major history. What a bunch of shysters. They'll probably donate the proceeds to the Conservatives.
Who's buying Adrian's shirt from the 4-0 drubbing
Randolphs, Reid's, Lanzini etc...from the other 4-0, 3-0, 5-0 and 5-1 maulings.

I was feeling a bit fed up today, so what's the first thing you do when fed up? Yep you go on KUMB bacuase you are guaranteed to cheer up..

And it worked again - there is a thread on there which claims they are suffering from "the following season syndrome" meaning they had a really successful season last season and are paying for it now.

Last season they finished 7th and got knocked out of Europe at the qualifiers by Astra Goo Goo..:dembelelol:

I was feeling a bit fed up today, so what's the first thing you do when fed up? Yep you go on KUMB bacuase you are guaranteed to cheer up..

And it worked again - there is a thread on there which claims they are suffering from "the following season syndrome" meaning they had a really successful season last season and are paying for it now.

Last season they finished 7th and got knocked out of Europe at the qualifiers by Astra Goo Goo..:dembelelol:

Kaja goo goo surely?

That WHU player in my Twitter link above. Can you get any more small time?

For a fanbase that claim to know their football, proves they know absolutely fuck all.

I got involved with a footy debate about them a coupe of months ago, it was with Jacob Stienberg directly on the comments section in The Guardian. I read an article of his in The Guardian, he was trying to address what was going wrong with the team and how they differed from the previous season. I made some cutting comments about the article, expecting a Pikie reader to take the bait, but to my surprise it was Stienberg who picked up the gauntlet. I asked him to name of a single game they played in this so called wonderful season they were supposed to have where they played well over the 90 mins, he could only name one, the Spurs game at their place. I conceded that that was their best performance of the season and whilst they deserved to win that game, I also had to point out that Kane missed two open goals and Eriksen should also have scored in the 2nd half. I also challenged him to describe their identity, what was their style of play. He wasn't able to answer this and conceded there wasn't one. Anyway, the to and fro I had with him was well behaved and respectful. But having read his recent pieces on his club it's refreshing to know that he has subsequently acknowledged that they have no identity and the hype train that surrounded the clubs last season at Upton Park created a halo effect that clouded the performances they got, many were improbable and involved huge pieces of luck. In my eyes they are playing the same as the did in the previous season, just without the luck or a Payet free kick.

Tin and Pot spring to mind. Even our most embarrassing moment of this type of marketing hype was releasing a DVD all those years ago. Still the minnows have to make some coin off the big boys somehow.
Pahahahahhaha wow!!!! Small time or what
25aj8xw.png

Not my inbox, sent from a friend.... ahahahahaha fucking in stitches

Tin and Pot spring to mind. Even our most embarrassing moment of this type of marketing hype was releasing a DVD all those years ago. Still the minnows have to make some coin off the big boys somehow.

If somehow their fans and players could muster the same willingness against other teams as they do when playing us, they'd be title challengers.
Its their inferiority complex with us, which is strange.
why try hard to prove your as big as Spurs when facts don't lie. History tells them they have never had a big attendances as us - except post Taylor. Or won as much.
Chelsea pre Russian stolen money had won just 1 title, 3 Fa cups, 2 lc's and 2 ecwc's .
We had won more.
Its baffling

If somehow their fans and players could muster the same willingness against other teams as they do when playing us, they'd be title challengers.
Its their inferiority complex with us, which is strange.
why try hard to prove your as big as Spurs when facts don't lie. History tells them they have never had a big attendances as us - except post Taylor. Or won as much.
Chelsea pre Russian stolen money had won just 1 title, 3 Fa cups, 2 lc's and 2 ecwc's .
We had won more.
Its baffling

they were one of two teams to outrun us this season the other being Liverpool , not sure if we were well below normal standard or not but that effort suggests they approached it like a cup final ie leave nothing on the pitch , I wouldn't be surprised if they completely altered their cardio routines to keep they're players fresh that week , overall Spurs are pretty much unmatchable in terms of fitness, West Ham out running us is an achievement in itself but the point I'm trying to make is it would be impossible for them to match that intensity every week.

Back
Top Bottom