Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1 nice leather jacket can last a lifetime:) they're not cheap but worth it:)

I like the All Saints leather jackets but I'll be fucked if I'm paying that - I got a distressed look leather jacket from H&M for £29.99 - sorted! A certain someone must be having an influence on me :levylol:

I just got myself an All Saints leather jacket. Been wanting one for ages. Been 2 weeks no but still feeling guilty for spending that money.

I just got myself an All Saints leather jacket. Been wanting one for ages. Been 2 weeks no but still feeling guilty for spending that money.
I got a valstar leather bomber jacket, waterproofed, years ago. Paid a lot for it then. It's been rained on, sprayed at football etc and still is as good as new. Every time I wear it people want to feel it. It's annoying but shows how decent it's held up.

Now, I'm not great at math but I'm really struggling to how it was West Ham that ended our chances. Even if we would have won that game, we'd still be 7 points off of first with only one game in hand.

I think they're just slightly jealous that our goal differential is higher than their total points this season.

Now, I'm not great at math but I'm really struggling to how it was West Ham that ended our chances. Even if we would have won that game, we'd still be 7 points off of first with only one game in hand.

I think they're just slightly jealous that our goal differential is higher than their total points this season.

Well I reckon there must be 12pts at stake every time we play them as they claimed they stopped us winning the league last year even though we were 11 points off the winners, so those 12 points would have helped..

You need to fully understand the mentality of your average Wham fan, it helps to see just how small they are..

For a fanbase that claim to know their football, proves they know absolutely fuck all.

I got involved with a footy debate about them a coupe of months ago, it was with Jacob Stienberg directly on the comments section in The Guardian. I read an article of his in The Guardian, he was trying to address what was going wrong with the team and how they differed from the previous season. I made some cutting comments about the article, expecting a Pikie reader to take the bait, but to my surprise it was Stienberg who picked up the gauntlet. I asked him to name of a single game they played in this so called wonderful season they were supposed to have where they played well over the 90 mins, he could only name one, the Spurs game at their place. I conceded that that was their best performance of the season and whilst they deserved to win that game, I also had to point out that Kane missed two open goals and Eriksen should also have scored in the 2nd half. I also challenged him to describe their identity, what was their style of play. He wasn't able to answer this and conceded there wasn't one. Anyway, the to and fro I had with him was well behaved and respectful. But having read his recent pieces on his club it's refreshing to know that he has subsequently acknowledged that they have no identity and the hype train that surrounded the clubs last season at Upton Park created a halo effect that clouded the performances they got, many were improbable and involved huge pieces of luck. In my eyes they are playing the same as the did in the previous season, just without the luck or a Payet free kick.

they were one of two teams to outrun us this season the other being Liverpool , not sure if we were well below normal standard or not but that effort suggests they approached it like a cup final ie leave nothing on the pitch , I wouldn't be surprised if they completely altered their cardio routines to keep they're players fresh that week , overall Spurs are pretty much unmatchable in terms of fitness, West Ham out running us is an achievement in itself but the point I'm trying to make is it would be impossible for them to match that intensity every week.

Indeed, you can't roll out these ultra-intense, death or glory defensive displays week in week out...

Never been able to understand; once all the sex, drugs and rock and roll is done, how there's any money left for fashion.

:sonhmm:

Errrrr is this allowed

Chelsea skipper John Terry promised West Ham squad a lads’ night out if they beat Tottenham

EXCLUSIVE
Ewan Roberts for Metro.co.ukWednesday 17 May 2017 6:40 pm

The Hammers recorded a 1-0 victory over fierce local rivals Spurs earlier this month to halt their title charge – and end a nine-game winning run – with Chelsea wrapping up the title just a week later thanks to wins over Middlesbrough and West Brom.

West Ham boss Slaven Bilic revealed afterwards that Nemanja Matic had offered to buy him dinner if he managed to engineer a victory, and the rest of his squad can expect the same treatment courtesy of Chelsea skipper John Terry.

‘John Terry text me and Mark Noble saying, ‘If you boys beat Tottenham there’s a dinner or a night out on the Chelsea boys,’ so that was nice,’ Collins told Betway Insider.

‘But we wanted to beat Tottenham anyway. We’re lucky we did in the end looking at the result we got after that [a 4-0 loss against Liverpool]. It was a massive result, it put us safe and obviously to beat our closest rivals at home was massive.’

Errrrr is this allowed

Chelsea skipper John Terry promised West Ham squad a lads’ night out if they beat Tottenham

EXCLUSIVE
Ewan Roberts for Metro.co.ukWednesday 17 May 2017 6:40 pm

The Hammers recorded a 1-0 victory over fierce local rivals Spurs earlier this month to halt their title charge – and end a nine-game winning run – with Chelsea wrapping up the title just a week later thanks to wins over Middlesbrough and West Brom.

West Ham boss Slaven Bilic revealed afterwards that Nemanja Matic had offered to buy him dinner if he managed to engineer a victory, and the rest of his squad can expect the same treatment courtesy of Chelsea skipper John Terry.

‘John Terry text me and Mark Noble saying, ‘If you boys beat Tottenham there’s a dinner or a night out on the Chelsea boys,’ so that was nice,’ Collins told Betway Insider.

‘But we wanted to beat Tottenham anyway. We’re lucky we did in the end looking at the result we got after that [a 4-0 loss against Liverpool]. It was a massive result, it put us safe and obviously to beat our closest rivals at home was massive.’

closest rivals ? since when ?

What if they had said there's a few quid in it for you?
Surely this kind of stuff isn't right, like last year when you had Chelsea players publicly stating they wanted Leicester to win even though they had to play us both.
What if it would have come down to the Chelsea Leicester match?
Shows West Ham for what they are.... a cunt club..
When did we become their closest rivals? They have never been anything but shit on our dog walking boots.

Surely Chelsea did a pretty good job in ending our title hopes

I don't think you can really bribe another team to win a game unless you're paying off the team they're playing against as well, but the whole thing (if true) is a bit sleazy and no one comes out of it looking great. The worst part about it is the "closest rivals" thing. Earlier this season weren't Chelsea fans kicking the fuck off at the athletics stadium? I was always under the impression that Chelsea and West Ham hated each other far more, so seeing them cosying up to get one over on us is pathetic. The amount of clubs we're now the "closest rivals" of is getting out of hand, we're playing about eight derbies a season now that Leicester have decided whenever we play them it's a massive grudge match as well! I really hope they (and Spam) get relegated next season so these stupid rivalries can get flushed out and they can go back to having their handbags moments with Millwall and whatever team Leicester are near, I've no idea.

I love it that we get under the skin of other teams and their fans. For me we have one rival and that is the original franchise down the road.

If other supporters from Chelsea or spam or Leicester wish to invent this rivalry then great, I see it as a compliment, I know apart from spam having Millwall, they lack a true local rival, it's great they choose us, envy, jealousy or fear all play a part......

The only snag is like a lot of spurs fans, I could not care less who sees us a rival, I see Chelsea as just another London derby and spam are good for comedy..........

"We have a seven-year plan to get them into the Champions League and turn them into a big club and over the seven-year period we do plan to spend a lot of money," Sullivan told Sky Sports News."

-David Sullivan 2010

2017.......:levylol:

I love it that we get under the skin of other teams and their fans. For me we have one rival and that is the original franchise down the road.

If other supporters from Chelsea or spam or Leicester wish to invent this rivalry then great, I see it as a compliment, I know apart from spam having Millwall, they lack a true local rival, it's great they choose us, envy, jealousy or fear all play a part......

The only snag is like a lot of spurs fans, I could not care less who sees us a rival, I see Chelsea as just another London derby and spam are good for comedy..........

Over the past several seasons I've come to absolutely despise Chelsea. It's more than just another derby for me. They are the most disgusting club around. Their owner, their captain, their fans and, in the Jose days, their manager. There is nothing likeable about them, and it makes it worse to see sky sports lauding their achievements. I'm close to hating them more than Woolwich. Why, if Roman is so corrupt, hasn't his assets been seized? How do so many cheats get so far in the game?

Over the past several seasons I've come to absolutely despise Chelsea. It's more than just another derby for me. They are the most disgusting club around. Their owner, their captain, their fans and, in the Jose days, their manager. There is nothing likeable about them, and it makes it worse to see sky sports lauding their achievements. I'm close to hating them more than Woolwich. Why, if Roman is so corrupt, hasn't his assets been seized? How do so many cheats get so far in the game?

I know where you are coming from. I know it's not fair to generalise but certain clubs have a fan base it is not hard to dislike. Sure there are some nice sorts that follow Chelsea, but people I know who follow them are either sad middle aged men sat in pubs with the replica shirt just covering the bucket gut who have never been near Stamford bridge or the sort that won't acknowledge anything about the club pre 2004.

Funny how we make assumptions, the worst man united and Liverpool fans I know live no where near the north west, have no connection to the area and rarely go to games, if it all, win a game and they are everywhere, lose a game and not a peep, but I have always found old Trafford and anfield ok places to go with the fans generally alright. It's the glory seekers that make my teeth itch and Chelsea have picked loads of these up, just like Woolwich did and it's why so many of that shower continue to embarrass themselves on social media, they don't get what supporting a team actually is.......thick and thin!

Got talking with a Spammer yesterday and mentioned this alleged 'rivalry' and he, being of a similar age, just doesn't get it
He dislikes Spurs but no more than the Scum or the Chavs

Millwall is the obvious one but he has a strong dislike of Charlton and their 'wannabe' fans who wanted Curbishley out when they finished mid table

New one on me
:sonhmm:

David Gold Retweeted
Ann Summers‏Verified account @AnnSummers 2h2 hours ago
Step up your game in time for summer.
1f31e.png
We've got AT LEAST 20% off EVERYTHING including sex toys, swim & lingerie: http://bit.ly/1dPpANE

DAGFi5kUIAQ9Bdp.jpg

:harrysmile:

Back
Top Bottom