Controversial opinions about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's a good job that this thread is 'free from criticism' because fuck me catching up on some of the posts so far has me like
Ron Burgundy What GIF

He scored the first spurs goal I saw live when we beat Chelsea 1 nil in 87. Didn’t then beat them in the league until Lennon scored the winner under Jol. It was only at that point I realised that it probably wasn’t me who was the curse on the club, as I celebrated that goal 20 years later!
We won 2-1 at SB in 1990 with Lineker getting the winner I think.

Another weakness was his inability to scout a player / reluctance to trust/integrate new signings quickly.
I'll add one to the Pochettino pile.

His loathing of smaller competitions like the cups and the EL hampered our evolution into a winning side.

Real winning teams don't pick and chose which competitions that they want to win or take seriously. They want to win everything every year, even if they don't have the squad for it and will most likely fail in one or two.

If he had tried to implement that kind of thinking at a club like Bayern, Müller and Neuer would have kicked him off the nearest mountain.

Back
Top Bottom