Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's definitely something about him....

Between him, Parrot, Etete, and Donley there are quite a few promising strikers in the youth ranks. Hope he gets a loan asap. Loan to Norwich next season might suit him, they create chances, he will just need to finish them.
We always seem to do this... We'll have a raft of promising young players, and one by one, they'll fail to impress in the long run and fall by the wayside...

Kane has set the bar SO high, that the likes of Scarlett and Parrott have their work cut out to even come close...

I though Parrotts' goal last night was sublime, but can be do it on a Wet Wednesday in Stoke™©??!!!
(Maybe he'll get the chance next season if we loan him to a Championship club!!)

We always seem to do this... We'll have a raft of promising young players, and one by one, they'll fail to impress in the long run and fall by the wayside...

Kane has set the bar SO high, that the likes of Scarlett and Parrott have their work cut out to even come close...

I though Parrotts' goal last night was sublime, but can be do it on a Wet Wednesday in Stoke™©??!!!
(Maybe he'll get the chance next season if we loan him to a Championship club!!)

That phrase is reserved for the so called quality players coming from sunny Spain etc.
The question for our younger players is can they do it in any premier league game. More often than not they're so far out of their depth, we may as well have 10 men on the pitch.

The only way he should be used is if we're well and truly in control of games. Both for the sake of the team/result and the player himself. There's nothing worse than heaping pressure on a youngster and them failing to deliver.
That said, I'm surprised **he didn't come on against Everton...
We were fully in control of that game from about the 10th minute on!!

The next half a dozen or so games are must-win Cup Finals...

Maybe he'll get some minutes if there's nothing left to play for by the time we go to Carrow Road on the final day!

**Probably cos he wasn't on the bench.... D'oh!

But you get my point...
Harvey White was on the bench, but still didn't get on, even at 5-0...

Last edited:
TBH, given Conte only arrived a few months ago, I'd rather he assessed already known first teamers to decide whether or not to ship them out this summer.
The kids aren't leaving this summer so can be evaluated in pre-season and ideally in cup matches next season.

TBH, given Conte only arrived a few months ago, I'd rather he assessed already known first teamers to decide whether or not to ship them out this summer.
The kids aren't leaving this summer so can be evaluated in pre-season and ideally in cup matches next season.
You don't think it would be better to loan Scarlett out?

We aren’t going to produce another striker as good as Kane. He’s a one off. But I’m sure we could try and make Scarlett as good a player as we can. Him training every day with Harry must be a huge bonus.

Kane has talked about his time on the training pitch with Defoe and after rewatching some of JD’s finishing, you can see how Kane hits the ball like him in certain scenarios (eg. Taking shots early).

Whatever Scarlett’s baseline ability is, working day in day out with Kane has to be a huge leg up.

We aren’t going to produce another striker as good as Kane. He’s a one off. But I’m sure we could try and make Scarlett as good a player as we can. Him training every day with Harry must be a huge bonus.

Kane has talked about his time on the training pitch with Defoe and after rewatching some of JD’s finishing, you can see how Kane hits the ball like him in certain scenarios (eg. Taking shots early).

Whatever Scarlett’s baseline ability is, working day in day out with Kane has to be a huge leg up.

I'm happy with us using the academy to breed sellable players. Chelsea have sold players not good enough for them for good money.
We don't need to out these players in our starting 11, we just need to get them enough exposure that we can sell for £20m or so each.
Imagine selling a few kids for circa £50m in 2 years? Id take that if spent it sensibly

Back
Top Bottom