Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This season watching H in training and in games from the bench will have done more for his future than a loan. Loved that H style low shot for his first.
Now he needs a loan. Getting the right club would be helpful...

With five subs next season we should keep Dane and Alfie and bring them on when two or three goals up.
Let's face it that should mean plenty of minutes for the pair?

This season watching H in training and in games from the bench will have done more for his future than a loan. Loved that H style low shot for his first.
Now he needs a loan. Getting the right club would be helpful...
I respectfully disagree.

Several seasons back we had a really talented cohort with Tashan Oakley Boothe and others. all prodigies part of the England U17 that won the WC and reached the Euro finals.

Instead of loans they were kept around the training ground with no regular football. Their progress was held back.

gifted players need playing time especially at the junction of accustoming to senior football.

Lowe's managerial style has been influenced by Jürgen Klopp, Pep Guardiola, Rafa Benítez and Lowe's long-time friend Steven Gerrard, among others.[3] He is attack-minded, and Bury in 2018-19 were one of the Football League's highest-scoring teams; their style, described as "gung-ho",[3] soon brought success as the club finished second in League Two and earned promotion back to League One.[38] Lowe explained in an interview with The Guardian that he wanted to instil a "winning philosophy" and that, by outscoring their opponents, Bury would have a greater chance of achieving that goal. The on-field strategy is effectively a 3-1-4-2 formation.[3]

This guy has been paying attention in the Michael Owen Masterclasses...

What I like about Chukwuemeka is that when he gets knocked down he gets up again...seems nothing is going to keep him down?
tenor.gif

I respectfully disagree.

Several seasons back we had a really talented cohort with Tashan Oakley Boothe and others. all prodigies part of the England U17 that won the WC and reached the Euro finals.

Instead of loans they were kept around the training ground with no regular football. Their progress was held back.

gifted players need playing time especially at the junction of accustoming to senior football.

That’s a lovely disagree, well played sir (Think both views are of merit).

Well Done Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG

Dane looks to have settled from last seasons growth spurt.

Be interesting how he, Conte and Club feel after pre-season, think if we don’t sign a striker he looks near ready, Championship for this lad, if he stays and Kane and Son get injured he might just take his shot, is my gut. He’s got the instinct and physical gifts 💎 polish him up.

Good to see Kane applauding Dane Scarlett's finishing work in training.

We'll see how Conte chooses to play this. Clearly his priority next season is WINNING.

But if he signs an extended contract in pre-season, because he's happy with the club's ambition, then he has more of a stake in developing our best Academy talents, like Scarlett & Devine.

Presumably he'll make his final judgements (loan out or continue to develop in-house) after the tour to Sth Korea & once we know the final shape of our senior squad.

With all love and respect, Dane looks good, but missing the X factor that will take him to the top. I don't see a really stand out quality - very good movement and good finisher I guess, but not super fast, strong or technical. To me Alfie Devine looks the bigger talent. And yet both Mourinho and Conte have more or less said Dane is the biggest young talent at Spurs. Mou even talked about him playing for England in the next couple of years. Can anyone see this? Doesn't look at the level Rashford, Rooney or Greenwood were at at 17.

With all love and respect, Dane looks good, but missing the X factor that will take him to the top. I don't see a really stand out quality - very good movement and good finisher I guess, but not super fast, strong or technical. To me Alfie Devine looks the bigger talent. And yet both Mourinho and Conte have more or less said Dane is the biggest young talent at Spurs. Mou even talked about him playing for England in the next couple of years. Can anyone see this? Doesn't look at the level Rashford, Rooney or Greenwood were at at 17.
Thought Dane was the one Jose was raving about?
Don't remember him saying Alfie was the biggest young talent at the club.

Thought Dane was the one Jose was raving about?
Don't remember him saying Alfie was the biggest young talent at the club.
That's what I said, no? Jose raved about Dane, and Conte has said straight out that he's the biggest young talent we have. And they see him close up, training with the big boys.

That's what I said, no? Jose raved about Dane, and Conte has said straight out that he's the biggest young talent we have. And they see him close up, training with the big boys.
Ah ok read it wrong but trust those two when it comes to who is more talented.
Either way Kane didn't look the part til later on and the 3 you mentioned only Rooney has proved himself but still faded after 28/29

Back
Top Bottom