Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looking at fans responses here and in social media makes it dead clear danny cannot go back to playing without settling this business thoroughly (not just the fact of "ill timing"). otherwise he will just get booed.
If Levy\Poch won't sort this out, this "infection" will only intensify. Supporters (me included) feel offended by his comments and his lukewarm apology wasn't enough

He won't get booed if he comes back and we're flying. I like to think we have some of the smartest fans in the land, surely we will show our good side for the greater good

The 'infection' started with Kyle 'missing a Peters' Walker. I've said this before, but the 'cure' will be us winning trophies.
If we win the league, let's say, and Rose comes out saying he loves Spurs, do you think most of us will believe him again, after he said when he signed the new contract that he wants to end his career here and then few months forward he came up with this shit? I certainly wouldn't be so overjoyed.

If we win the league, let's say, and Rose comes out saying he loves Spurs, do you think most of us will believe him again, after he said when he signed the new contract that he wants to end his career here and then few months forward he came up with this shit? I certainly wouldn't be so overjoyed.

He's already tossed a match on his bridges. I'm talking about this affecting the rest of the team with others following.

I think Rose has always had a bit of a chip on his shoulder towards Spurs fans because he got a of grief when he first filled in at left back so he'll never be a Spurs man through and through. He said in an interview a while back his favourite year in football was the one at Sunderland. But he does - or should - have great loyalty to Poch and that's what I found dissapointing about the interview, as Poch has shown great faith and commitment to him and he's kind of thrown it back in his face by pulling this bullshit just before the start of the season. I don't think Poch will forgive him for that. I think he'll probably be here another season and compete with Davies for left back spot but I don't think we'll here many renditions of Danny, Danny Rose and I don't think Poch will keep his phone number when he goes.

Not gonna boo the guy as counter-productive, but certainly not ever gonna sing his name again regardless of time or performances.

Damage has been done in my eyes - revealed his true mercenary, selfish, ungrateful streak and won't forget or forgive him despite his cowardly apology.

He won't get booed if he comes back and we're flying. I like to think we have some of the smartest fans in the land, surely we will show our good side for the greater good

Smart fans? Seems like it was Poch's choice to sell Walker and yet the American fans in the friendlies booed him. I can't help but feel this sparked Rose's memories of how cruel and disloyal fans can be, which rocked the apple cart. Considering the sheer amount of fans and the generic behavioral traits surrounding football, you can't dub that many people "smart".

I think booing an ex player who left on relatively good terms is a cunt move. No one doing that should be called smart.

“Danny is part of the team and we understand his frustrations. It has been six or seven months he has been out of the team with an injury,”said Lloris.

The French custodian also revealed that Rose has apologized to the club since the media briefing.

“The team is quiet about it. Danny made a mistake, he apologised and we move on. That’s it. The team was never affected by it as we were focused on our first Premier League game.”

Spurs opened their 2016/17 Premier League campaign by beating Newcastle 2-0 away from home.

“We know from outside if you start to listen, inside the squad, you can be affected but we stick together and must be focused and have the same ambition.

“We stayed calm. We are still in touch with Danny and there is no problem. If people from outside want to make trouble it does not affect us. We are a good squad, very clean with good minds and sometimes you can do mistakes.

“The thing is not to repeat them. The most important thing is that the leaders of this team are not affected and we are moving on and we showed it. The commitment inside the squad is great.”

“Danny is part of the team and we understand his frustrations. It has been six or seven months he has been out of the team with an injury,”said Lloris.

The French custodian also revealed that Rose has apologized to the club since the media briefing.

“The team is quiet about it. Danny made a mistake, he apologised and we move on. That’s it. The team was never affected by it as we were focused on our first Premier League game.”

Spurs opened their 2016/17 Premier League campaign by beating Newcastle 2-0 away from home.

“We know from outside if you start to listen, inside the squad, you can be affected but we stick together and must be focused and have the same ambition.

“We stayed calm. We are still in touch with Danny and there is no problem. If people from outside want to make trouble it does not affect us. We are a good squad, very clean with good minds and sometimes you can do mistakes.

“The thing is not to repeat them. The most important thing is that the leaders of this team are not affected and we are moving on and we showed it. The commitment inside the squad is great.”
The one thing I wish, is someone (Lloris) to come out and make a direct quote about the "Hero's Welcome" that the players were supposed to greet Rose with as total and utter bullshit. The headline was classic Sun and without doubt was utter bullshit, but to point blank refute would mean us Spurs fans can chuck it back in the faces with 100% certainty. The focus is on Rose right now and not on the view that other players support his point of view, this is the scab that will pick picked at pre and post every game, especially as Rose will not been seen for a couple of months.

LOVE this line from Hugo....

Sun reporting Chelsea to bid £50m+ after this weekend for Rose.

Chelsea set to make £50m bid for Tottenham's Danny Rose... just hours after they play Spurs at Wembley

In modern money, that's Paulinho+£14m.

One day after the Sun wrote this story:

Danny Rose will stay at Tottenham this season, despite interest from Manchester United and Chelsea

Can't believe anything that's written anymore. Also Danny needs a map if he thinks Chelsea is in Up North. Maybe Google Maps could help

Rose stays, because Poch will say so. Just look at how Poch and Hugo have been playing this down. Rose will return to training, there will be some talks and it will be fine.

Meanwhile, we build our stadium and the wages will increase...

I don't want to cash in on Rose, and certainly not to the chavs, not for any price.
But IF a bid comes in, I see him playing up and making it "untenable " for him to stick around.
Each time I see a separate press article, I get more fcked off with him and his fackjn article.

I know what I'm worth, he says.
Last September he and his agency signed a deal. He must have been happy with what he was worth. Otherwise move.
It's £17m over 5 yrs. someone on £100k pa could work 40 years and earn less than a third of that
It's a short career, yes, but he's earned more than the average man would in their lifetime in 5 yrs.

So what has he done in his 15 pl games since he signed that contract to warrant doubling his pay packet?
It wasn't until Pochettino that he got his first cap in 2016.
He could have fucked off and joined Sunderland. Why didn't he. Becuase he knew what he was worth.
Now he's had one year as a full international and people calling him out as the best LB in the league and he wants more than Alaba.

Back
Top Bottom