Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gascoigne8 did you actually read into what he said? Or just the Sun one line "quotes".

If you can tell me what you disagree with from the bit below then I'd love to know what's wrong with that.

It's 100% what I believe and I think in context he was saying sign Ross Barkley and put some pressure on Alli, Eriksen etc to perform every week.

“I am not saying buy ten players, I’d love to see two or three — and not players you have to Google and say, ‘Who’s that?’ I mean well-known players.”

“Under Harry Redknapp we signed Rafa van der Vaart. It was like, ‘Wow, how did he do that?’ I mean signings like that are what we need — that’s just my opinion.

“As a Tottenham player I’d love to see more signings. It would lift me seeing a top player come through the door.

“I’ve seen a couple of players previously saying, ‘We don’t need a top signing or signings’. But I am sorry, I am not singing off the same hymn-sheet on that one.”
To be fair you have missed a great deal out there.......like all the Walker stuff which really puts down Trippier despite a piss poor "praise" just after.....all that crap about getting what he's worth one way or another, how he "will" play up north and how he has no qualms going to the bosses if an offer comes in......

The whole thing was crass, it's backfired and no one is really taking his side as he hoped

To be fair you have missed a great deal out there.......like all the Walker stuff which really puts down Trippier despite a piss poor "praise" just after.....all that crap about getting what he's worth one way or another, how he "will" play up north and how he has no qualms going to the bosses if an offer comes in......

The whole thing was crass, it's backfired and no one is really taking his side as he hoped

I could go over the whole thing but would be here hours.

My main issue is this google thing. Everyone jumping on it but it's like no one has read what he actually said.

I thought this was put to bed. The best out come is to move on. The club have dealt with it and know were they are with Rose. The club will airways do what's best and if Rose stays great as long as he's 100%. If get rid , gett as much for him as possible just don't sell him to that CUNT Jose . I would ship him off to City.

I also think the tactics during the friendly games were very interesting. Davies was playing as an extremely advanced inside fullback. Cutting in to take shots or making runs into the box. I think we're going to see Davies attack and play differently this season.

Ayyyy, called it.

Do you actually think he should be saying any of this?

Yeah I think he can say we should sign players such as VDV to help the team.

And he gave a radio interview saying similar things to this interview and no one seemed that upset.

He has said it, apologised for how and when he said it. That's it as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah I think he can say we should sign players such as VDV to help the team.

And he gave a radio interview saying similar things to this interview and no one seemed that upset.

He has said it, apologised for how and when he said it. That's it as far as I'm concerned.
To be crystal clear, you want our players talking about transfer business and their pay to the press? You would have no issues if Dier comes out giving an exclusive interview to come out tomorrow?

To be crystal clear, you want our players talking about transfer business and their pay to the press? You would have no issues if Dier comes out giving an exclusive interview to come out tomorrow?

I thought I was crystal clear. He can say he wants us to sign players.

And I said before that I agreed with quite a few things he said but not how he said it.

If Dier goes behind the clubs back I expect the same result. Fine, pissed off fans and ultimately a transfer.

However doesn't mean he's not speaking sense.

To be fair, Dele wasn't a recognised international, neither was Dier, or most of our starting team when we bought them. Sissoko was, how well did that turn out? It's not the be all and end all. If Poch wants them, I trust his judgement.

Lloris? Son? Toby? Wanyama? All proven internationals when we bought them.

We don't just buy kids.

The players are out there. I understand it won't be Neymar. But surely people want quality like Ross Barkley in our squad??

Well not Alli-Luya Alli-Luya The disagree I'm taking to mean he doesn't want us to sign recognised internationals.

Sammy - He insulted his team-mates with the google thing.

You - No he didn't - he was talking about getting seasoned internationals.

The bolded part is what i disagree with. He quite obviously is insulting his team-mates, whatever you divine his meaning to be.

I thought I was crystal clear. He can say he wants us to sign players.

And I said before that I agreed with quite a few things he said but not how he said it.

If Dier goes behind the clubs back I expect the same result. Fine, pissed off fans and ultimately a transfer.

However doesn't mean he's not speaking sense.
And this pleases you? Why?

Sammy - He insulted his team-mates with the google thing.

You - No he didn't - he was talking about getting seasoned internationals.

The bolded part is what i disagree with. He quite obviously is insulting his team-mates, whatever you divine his meaning to be.

He wants us to sign players like VDV to put pressure on Alli, Eriksen etc today and cover if we get injuries.
Pretty sure when we signed Lloris that was also seen as a great thing by the players.

Not buying those players and selling good players could be seen as a lack of ambition by some, and at the same time watching good players come through and bad ones released is the reality.

We aren't relying on Carroll, Mason or Onomah this season are we. That's how football at the very top level works, the players come and go. Being "disrespected" is not really a thing. Being good enough is.

Anyway I've argued in this thread enough.

Will call a line under it here and accept agreeing to disagree is what makes football so good.

I'm not all that fussed about what he said, it was the timing and the fact he hinted at something like this in the bitter interview he did at the beginning of the window. More so it's obvious he's been tapped up and I would put money on it being mourinho despite his denial.....

He needs to get his head down now and get fit and try and win his place back. Really hope poch doesn't just recall him when he's fit unless Davies is not fit or it's a cup game.

Looking at fans responses here and in social media makes it dead clear danny cannot go back to playing without settling this business thoroughly (not just the fact of "ill timing"). otherwise he will just get booed.
If Levy\Poch won't sort this out, this "infection" will only intensify. Supporters (me included) feel offended by his comments and his lukewarm apology wasn't enough

Looking at fans responses here and in social media makes it dead clear danny cannot go back to playing without settling this business thoroughly (not just the fact of "ill timing"). otherwise he will just get booed.
If Levy\Poch won't sort this out, this "infection" will only intensify. Supporters (me included) feel offended by his comments and his lukewarm apology wasn't enough

The 'infection' started with Kyle 'missing a Peters' Walker. I've said this before, but the 'cure' will be us winning trophies.

Back
Top Bottom