Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"The England left back is prepared to push for a move to Chelsea this month if the Premier League champions follow up on their initial interest with a firm bid before the transfer window closes on August 31, and would also consider joining Manchester United"

Utd and City are bad enough but I'd like to think we wouldn't do business with Chelsea no matter what.

Not saying it's an indicator of all Spurs fans views,but was out last night and there were a fair Tottenahm in the pub.You know the type of people you don't see during the close season.To a man,it was F**k him or sell him.
He is going to struggle to come back from this

Not saying it's an indicator of all Spurs fans views,but was out last night and there were a fair Tottenahm in the pub.You know the type of people you don't see during the close season.To a man,it was F**k him or sell him.
I don't see a way back for him but 2 months is a long time in politics and football.

Given what we have seen from Poch (Bentaleb, Walker) it's also fair to say if your are not on the same page then he's history.

Think the club and Poch have been clever in thier response as Rose is out anyway, we've got an official & public apology out of him too. So we have more than two months before he's fit and before questions arise as to why he's not playing.

The stall has been set buy the media though, one of all the players are unhappy, Rose is now a side show. All the talk is about an unhappy camp, which is completely the opposite feeling of past couple of years. It is the scab that will be picked at all season.

that's what Mourinho wants.

The stall has been set buy the media though, one of all the players are unhappy, Rose is now a side show. All the talk is about an unhappy camp, which is completely the opposite feeling of past couple of years. It is the scab that will be picked at all season.
It's great...we now have a siege mentality ready to go...

that's what Mourinho wants.

I don't care what Mourinho wants, I care about the wellbeing of my club and it's future. No poison at my club thank you. If Rose knuckles down, shows he is sincere with his apologies by letting the football do the talking I will, as will all fans accept it and move on. Sadly Danny has got too big for his boots and I can't see him having it in him to change his ways

Same for me. Don't know one who's said he acted with any decency or we should forgive him.

He may have had a point but to do what he did was the biggest mistake of his career
As you say, no coming back from this.

Disgusting behaviour from Ro$€. He has definately shown his true colours. The timing of it all is what upsets me the most. Just days before the start of the season. We should be fully focussed on Newcastle and instead of that we now have to deal with this shitstorm. Thanks alot Danny!

Rose is being a massive hypocrite as well. Most people had to google him when he signed for us. If we had done what Rose proposes, he would never have made it as a Spurs player. We allowed him to go on loan to Sunderland to develop, leaving ourselves short at LB. We then got him back and got rid of BAE, basically allowing him a free run at LB without competition, again leaving ourselves short because of it. Rose was very poor that year. Imagine what would have happened with Danny's career if we would have bought a LB for big money that you didn't have to google.

And he is still upset about tweets from four years ago? FFS, grow up.

If United offer cash + Shaw we should sell the mercenary.

Gascoigne8 did you actually read into what he said? Or just the Sun one line "quotes".

If you can tell me what you disagree with from the bit below then I'd love to know what's wrong with that.

It's 100% what I believe and I think in context he was saying sign Ross Barkley and put some pressure on Alli, Eriksen etc to perform every week.

“I am not saying buy ten players, I’d love to see two or three — and not players you have to Google and say, ‘Who’s that?’ I mean well-known players.”

“Under Harry Redknapp we signed Rafa van der Vaart. It was like, ‘Wow, how did he do that?’ I mean signings like that are what we need — that’s just my opinion.

“As a Tottenham player I’d love to see more signings. It would lift me seeing a top player come through the door.

“I’ve seen a couple of players previously saying, ‘We don’t need a top signing or signings’. But I am sorry, I am not singing off the same hymn-sheet on that one.”

Back
Top Bottom