Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought the same. Rose has a good game and Davies gets blasted for it, despite being solid the previous two games in a team that kept clean sheets.

It's like we can only have one good full back and the fans must choose one favourite as opposed to supporting both. Funnily enough at Davies' age, Rose was dreadful.
Who is blasting davies?

We CAN only have one left back, thats the fucking point. And Rose is better. that doesnt reflect on Davies at all. Im not the fastest runner, but that doesnt mean I'm slow? Ya get me? Don't get your panties in a twist.

Because Rose was injured.
Saying things like "Davies is the future" Is just ridiculous. Its likely neither will still be here in 5 years time anyway. If you think Danny Rose isn't first choice at left back last night, you're fooling yourself. Rewatch last nights game and tell me Danny Rose wasn't one of the best players on the pitch. Davies is solid, acceptable. But he's had weaknesses. I'm sure i remember having a conversation on here when we signed him about how easily people go bast Davies. The problems still there.
Why are you so die hard davies anyway? Are you Welsh?
So Rose was injured for Sunderland, played against Qarabag, had a shocker, got injured and didn't make squad for Palace, makes recovery for Woolwich and I guess we will see his fitness come Saturday.

Of course he has weaknesses, he's young. He will only improve. As stated, at his age most Spurs fans wanted Rose out of the club. Rose improved significantly. I remember the abuse he got when he signed a new deal last summer only to be heralded as the greatest left back in the league months later.

Why you so die hard Rose anyway? You Jamaican?

So Rose was injured for Sunderland, played against Qarabag, had a shocker, got injured and didn't make squad for Palace, makes recovery for Woolwich and I guess we will see his fitness come Saturday.

Of course he has weaknesses, he's young. He will only improve. As stated, at his age most Spurs fans wanted Rose out of the club. Rose improved significantly. I remember the abuse he got when he signed a new deal last summer only to be heralded as the greatest left back in the league months later.

Why you so die hard Rose anyway? You Jamaican?
Ya mon.

Who is blasting davies?

We CAN only have one left back, thats the fucking point. And Rose is better. that doesnt reflect on Davies at all. Im not the fastest runner, but that doesnt mean I'm slow? Ya get me? Don't get your panties in a twist.

Oh you're slow alright.

:pochfacepalm:

Honestly, though, how do you expect us to take your opinion on football seriously when you suggest anyone other than Kane works hardest for the team? You literally watch the game and think things like "Kane is a shadow of his former self." That's just so asinine...

Have you got proof that Kane works harder than anyone else? Or are you basing it off the fact our only striker ends up in defence to get a touch of the ball?

Because Rose was injured.
Saying things like "Davies is the future" Is just ridiculous. Its likely neither will still be here in 5 years time anyway. If you think Danny Rose isn't first choice at left back, you're fooling yourself. Rewatch last nights game and tell me Danny Rose wasn't one of the best players on the pitch. Davies is solid, acceptable. But he's had weaknesses. I'm sure i remember having a conversation on here when we signed him about how easily people go bast Davies. The problems still there.
Why are you so die hard davies anyway? Are you Welsh?
Italian.
Rose may have been injured which has given Davies a well deserved run in the side. I see Davies as a better player-footballer. He compliments the back 4 better with his positioning and play. He is steady and will be consistent. Please understand I agree with Rose being a very good LB- I just prefer a Davies type of player than Rose. Rose is a make shift LB and will never master the position.

We must accept that we have two good LB at the club.

Last edited:
Italian.
Rose may have been injured which has given Davies a well deserved run in the side. I see Davies as a better player-footballer. He compliments the back 4 better with his positioning and play. He is steady and will be consistent. Please understand I agree with Rose being a very good LB- I just prefer a Davies type of player than Rose. Rose is a make shift LB and will never master the position.

We must accept that we have two good LB at the club.
We know that; but, Rose is still better.

We know that; but, Rose is still better.
Thank you for agreeing-in part. Isn't it nice to have two decent LBs to choose from. As i said right back in the beginning and since, seems to have been lost in translation, They are as good as each other in their respective ways and both will contribute to certain games as needed. I just prefer Davies as my regular LB.

Rose would be far better at LM which would allow him that freedom to get forward. I seem to remember we had a player who was a LB and then became one of our best attacking players in recent years. Maybe its time to give Rose that freedom? Maybe all the Rose supporters should be wanting him forward and attacking? Maybe at LB he is being restricted as a player? Rose would shine with that pace and determination.

Thank you for agreeing-in part. Isn't it nice to have two decent LBs to choose from. As i said right back in the beginning and since, seems to have been lost in translation, They are as good as each other in their respective ways and both will contribute to certain games as needed. I just prefer Davies as my regular LB.

Rose would be far better at LM which would allow him that freedom to get forward. I seem to remember we had a player who was a LB and then became one of our best attacking players in recent years. Maybe its time to give Rose that freedom? Maybe all the Rose supporters should be wanting him forward and attacking? Maybe at LB he is being restricted as a player? Rose would shine with that pace and determination.
Personally, I think Rose'd pace is used best (a) tracking back and countering the pace of opponents' attackers, and (b) to initiate and energise counter attack play. His shooting is not that great but his passing and distribution are. Funnily enough, I think Davies is better suited to European matches where the pace is a bit slower. It's a good battle to have and I hope both keep pushing each other to better performances; I also hope both remain with us for many years.

Personally, I think Rose'd pace is used best (a) tracking back and countering the pace of opponents' attackers, and (b) to initiate and energise counter attack play. His shooting is not that great but his passing and distribution are. Funnily enough, I think Davies is better suited to European matches where the pace is a bit slower. It's a good battle to have and I hope both keep pushing each other to better performances; I also hope both remain with us for many years.

Because Davies pace is slower, it will not hinder his ability to become a top quality LB. Rose relies on his pace to get him into position whereas Davies will read the game and get there early. This makes for a better LB for me and in time more complete. For the record, I would not have a problem with Rose being first choice, I can see the potential in Rose. Recently we have had some good defensive performance with the back 5 looking good, organised and almost complete.

No one is disrespecting Davies. He's a fine player. It's a disrespect to Rose to suggest that Davies is in any way better, though. Spurs are clearly a more dynamic team on the left when Rose is in the game.

You:

"A lot of people say he stabilizes the defense... how so? He's been consistently beaten by quicker wingers (hello, Mahrez) and therefore put a ton of pressure on Aldy/Verts."

I'm sure Davies is delighted with your praise. We just "dynamically" lost to Woolwich after three wins in a row. Shitting on Davies is bullshit. The back 4 with Davies, Walker, Vert and Toby has been the best I've seen in AGES.

For all of Roses passion, he's still positionaly and mentally a risky defender. It's more entertaining but there is a cost.

It's possible to say Rose had a good game without bitching about someone who didn't play and is playing WELL/WINNING.

Rewatch last nights game and tell me Danny Rose wasn't one of the best players on the pitch. Davies is solid, acceptable. But he's had weaknesses.

I always watch games twice. So I saw how many times he put in shit crosses and choked in front of goal when it was harder to miss the target from so close. It wasn't a perfect game from Rose because he got a lot of the ball and he ignored Chadli and glory hunted most of the time he was on the ball just like Townsend ignored Trippier. Chadli and Kane were making runs and head down Rose was too busy running the ball to the line head down. Just because the ball didn't end up at Chadli's feet often enough people were moaning he went missing. He didn't go missing. The passes did.

Rose still relies on his athleticism and he really needs to work on his team game. He's still young and I hope he works on his composure because at the end of him beating everyone, he finds himself at the goal line and he's out of ideas and the bus is parked.

Townsend left Trippier open to the wolves but it's obvious his heads up game from wingback is light years ahead of Rose who gets his assists and goals from pure numbers, not because of quality. Townsed also ignored Trippiers runs too. More head down frustrating ignorance on the ball that kills our attacks/makes us predictable and makes gut busting runs into space a waste of energy as Trippier has to run the full length of the pitch for no wide open pass.

People putting Rose on a pedestal? One of the only players to deserve praise/put in a shift? Bullshit. Our whole team worked their asses of against Woolwich, and if we had better final balls and crosses, we would have stuffed them. Poch deserves praise for getting out 2nd/3rd string into such good shape. He also deserves a slap for putting out a 2nd/3rd string team against our rivals.

We LOST. This cuntoff of a solid player who's form has improved our back line is bizarre. Esp after getting 2 goals against us at home AGAINST the run of play??? Yeah..so solid.

Since you brought up the Welsh aspect, this seems to be Frank Bruno style loving the affable loser. Lets not get deep about how he lost though eh? I'm still not sure if Rose and Townsend are involved in Defoe, Hudd, Lennon style passing cliques or they really are so unaware of their surroundings due to head down lack of awareness.

Plus I suggest you actually read my posts where I have Rose in my starting 11 because his athleticism, bravery and wining mentality is a massive plus. I just don't pretend he knows how to cross, pass and shoot and I want him nowhere near our back line because he is way too hot blooded to have him anywhere near our penalty box or offside trap.

IMO Davies should play left back. Rose should play on the wing and rely on the insane amount of crosses and time on the ball he makes for himself to develop his creativity. It's a numbers game with Rose. His will/engine puts him into so many vital positions, one of his dozens of through balls or passes could actually find someone. It's ironic his best cross was one he was actually falling while he struck it and had no time to think about it as he slid over the goal line.

I said in another thread: I blame Poch for our flailing crosses and shooting. I think him being a defender is fucking up our final third because it seems like everyone is unlearning how to cross, shoot and put in a final ball apart from Eriksen. We need a new number two to help our attacks and provide more finesse.

Last edited:
Exactly. Davies is a solid left-back. Danny Rose is a dynamic footballer that excels in every aspect of the game. It's not even close when it comes to who is the better player.

Every aspect of the game?

Are you high? Rose is the embodiment of limited. He is ALL pace and athleticism and his actual footballing ability is his weakest aspect. He puts the ball into touch for no reason every game because of his control. His crossing, shooting and passing out of defense is shocking. If he's not giving someone a hospital pass he shoots at them so it's impossible to trap.

I only want him in the team because he is a force of nature. He's not commanded every aspect of football. He's not even raw ability. He's raw power/pace and competitive. It's the only thing that keeps him in my lineup. When he crosses or shoots, it's hit and hope.

Davies is a better crosser, has a better strike and his passing out of defense is sane. he is not trying to nutmeg people by his own corner flag like Rose is. Lets not get carried away eh?

The team needs needle, power and a firebrand and that is why Danny Rose would be in my starting 11. Not because he "excels in every aspect of the game". How long was it between goals in the prem at Spurs from his Gooner screamer?

You're doneski, cunto

12039460_885750428173477_1132852005433628326_n.png

:pocheyes:

Back
Top Bottom