Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Every aspect of the game?

Are you high? Rose is the embodiment of limited. He is ALL pace and athleticism and his actual footballing ability is his weakest aspect. He puts the ball into touch for no reason every game because of his control. His crossing, shooting and passing out of defense is shocking. If he's not giving someone a hospital pass he shoots at them so it's impossible to trap.

I only want him in the team because he is a force of nature. He's not commanded every aspect of football. He's not even raw ability. He's raw power/pace and competitive. It's the only thing that keeps him in my lineup. When he crosses or shoots, it's hit and hope.

Davies is a better crosser, has a better strike and his passing out of defense is sane. he is not trying to nutmeg people by his own corner flag like Rose is. Lets not get carried away eh?

The team needs needle, power and a firebrand and that is why Danny Rose would be in my starting 11. Not because he "excels in every aspect of the game". How long was it between goals in the prem at Spurs from his Gooner screamer?
2 simple questions

Has Davies ever made you jump out of your seat?

Have you ever heard the crowd chant Davies name in appreciation!

If you awnser yes to any of those your lying to yourself to prove a point. The WHL crowd knows it's stuff rose is better than Davies hands down. Davies is a capable if slightly dull back up

Jesus christ this isn't as sad as Ade vs Soldado when both were bad for different reasons, these are both good

Danny is first choice and played very well for a long time, Davies has improved greatly too, we are very lucky to have 2 left backs of that quality.

Don't be harsh on Davies either, played some good games this season

Have you got proof that Kane works harder than anyone else? Or are you basing it off the fact our only striker ends up in defence to get a touch of the ball?

Again, do you watch the games? You haven't answered my question, so I assume you're probably too busy watching Roma than paying attention to how hard Harry Kane works for the team. Harry Kane does more for Spurs than any other player, hands down. To suggest otherwise shows that either you're not actually watching Spurs play, or you have a distinct inability to understand football. I'm not just sure how I'm supposed to convince you of the completely obvious. By the way, grass is green and water is wet. Shocker.

I'm sure Davies is delighted with your praise. We just "dynamically" lost to Woolwich after three wins in a row. Shitting on Davies is bullshit. The back 4 with Davies, Walker, Vert and Toby has been the best I've seen in AGES.

Right, because we totally played Verts and Aldy against Woolwich.... That donkey Fazio wasn't paired with the very young and inexperienced Kevin Wimmer. Nope, not at all.

edit: How exactly can you disagree with this? The teamsheet is factual you know, that did happen -- those players did play, whereas Toby and Jan did not.... Or is it just that you realized your argument made absolutely no sense so you disagreed as a way of filling the void?

Last edited:
Every aspect of the game?

Yes, every aspect. Watch his assists from last season, watch his goals from last season.. they all look much better than anything Davies has done this season. Okay, he missed a shot against Woolwich. I've seen Davies sky one or two over the cross bar this year.. so if Rose is limited for missing the target under pressure, surely Davies is league two level for not being able to hit the target from 25 yards out without a single person applying pressure?

Your arguments are just as bogus as everyone else's arguments -- no one can provide any tangible evidence as to what makes Davies better than Rose. Because there isn't. Because even if Davies is a good LB, Rose is clearly the better player.

Again, do you watch the games? You haven't answered my question, so I assume you're probably too busy watching Roma than paying attention to how hard Harry Kane works for the team. Harry Kane does more for Spurs than any other player, hands down. To suggest otherwise shows that either you're not actually watching Spurs play, or you have a distinct inability to understand football. I'm not just sure how I'm supposed to convince you of the completely obvious. By the way, grass is green and water is wet. Shocker.
I do watch. I dont feel he works as hard as he did last year. You seem to think that I'm using it to criticise him. Couldn't care less if he works less, I'd much rather he prefer to keep onside, score easy chances and pass the ball, three things you think wouldn't be hard. Like you say though, it's pointless having the conversation because you're clearly watching something different. No stats to back it up, just the usual 'oh I watch the match'

I do watch. I dont feel he works as hard as he did last year. You seem to think that I'm using it to criticise him. Couldn't care less if he works less, I'd much rather he prefer to keep onside, score easy chances and pass the ball, three things you think wouldn't be hard. Like you say though, it's pointless having the conversation because you're clearly watching something different. No stats to back it up, just the usual 'oh I watch the match'

Alright then, where are your stats to back up the claim that Kane doesn't work as hard?

Would like to say he's the best left back at the club but I think Jan is! Probably the best fighting attitude though!

Love the cunt!

Would like to say he's the best left back at the club but I think Jan is! Probably the best fighting attitude though!

Love the cunt!
your having a
3356684617_funny_giraffe_2880x1800_xlarge.jpeg

At what point! That Jan is a better left back? Personally I think he is but he's required at cb! Rose is a better left back than our reserve center backs are at their position, if that makes sense!

In regards to his attitude he's definitely up there in top 3 with Mason and Kane

A few people are trying to suggest that it's something like-
Rose the stupid, raw, angry player who uses his physicality to get him out of trouble
&
Davies the intelligent, composed, technically refined player with excellent positioning

Reality is Rose is the superior player in probably every aspect.

Quite rich of ole gibbsy to moan about Davies being slagged off when after every Spurs loss he'd moan about Lennon/Townsend/Rose etc. Apparently Rose was the reason Kaboul looked shit. Strange how Kaboul still looks shit at Sunderland.

I think this is one of Poch' lesser worries on matchday. Rose obviously needs to get back in form , but to me is the 1st choise in most matchups, mainly due to the skillset he brings on the offensive side. Personally I loved to see him grow last season and smile every time he makes one of his puffed up chest runs and takes out a guy.

But until he is 100% recovered and back in matchfitness, Davies is a more than qualified backup. I seriously rate this kid and feel there is no loss on the defensive side when i see his name in the team, I just don't expect as much offensively. But as I recall him from his Swansea time and to where he is today, he is slowely building on his ofeensive game as well. Slowely though. If I recall correctly, he is a CB by heart/start, moved out to LB as opposed to Rose from LM?

Also I think we tend to forget the age of these guys, Rose 24, Davies 21?

Anyways - looking forward to see a matchfit Rose back.

2 simple questions

Has Davies ever made you jump out of your seat?

Have you ever heard the crowd chant Davies name in appreciation!

If you awnser yes to any of those your lying to yourself to prove a point. The WHL crowd knows it's stuff rose is better than Davies hands down. Davies is a capable if slightly dull back up
Irrelevant?

Quite rich of ole gibbsy to moan about Davies being slagged off when after every Spurs loss he'd moan about Lennon/Townsend/Rose etc. Apparently Rose was the reason Kaboul looked shit. Strange how Kaboul still looks shit at Sunderland.

Don't you think it's a bit weird quoting me/mocking me after we just blew the league favorites out of the water with Davies being a rock?

Seems I was justified complaning about Davies getting disrespected for no reason after more proof that he is part of the best back line we have seen in ages.

Face it. I have a point. You even brought up the Rose effect on Kaboul? Jan looks more solid yes? With Davis next to him? Nice backfire. Were you one of the ones like Beal cunting off Jan when I was defending him for do called sulking?

Don't you ever get bored of mocking my opinion? I find myself defending Davies just like I defended Jan from the "he's sulking" brigade. It all comes out long term. Just like you bringing up Townsend and Lennon...like that's going to make me look stupid.

No Rose, Lennon, Townsend etc and we just beat City.

Unlike you I can think forward. My opinion that Davies should play in this back line is being justified. And my opinion that Rose should also play but on the left wing is unprovable so you can't say shit. Just eat humble pie and applaude Davies for one of the best defensive left back displays/victories in our prem history.

Only an idiot would break up this back line while its shipping so few goals.

Don't you think it's a bit weird quoting me/mocking me after we just blew the league favorites out of the water with Davies being a rock?

Seems I was justified complaning about Davies getting disrespected for no reason after more proof that he is part of the best back line we have seen in ages.

Face it. I have a point. You even brought up the Rose effect on Kaboul? Jan looks more solid yes? With Davis next to him? Nice backfire. Were you one of the ones like Beal cunting off Jan when I was defending him for do called sulking?

Don't you ever get bored of mocking my opinion? I find myself defending Davies just like I defended Jan from the "he's sulking" brigade. It all comes out long term. Just like you bringing up Townsend and Lennon...like that's going to make me look stupid.

No Rose, Lennon, Townsend etc and we just beat City.

Unlike you I can think forward. My opinion that Davies should play in this back line is being justified. And my opinion that Rose should also play but on the left wing is unprovable so you can't say shit. Just eat humble pie and applaude Davies for one of the best defensive left back displays/victories in our prem history.

Only an idiot would break up this back line while its shipping so few goals.
- I quoted you yesterday
- Saying Rose is better is not disrespectful
- I've never slagged off Verts
- We had Rose and Towsend on when we beat Chavs last year. & Rose when we beat scum. One win isn't proof Davies is better
- As you say your opinion of playing FBs on the wings is unprovable because it's stupid and no manager would do it unless there's an injury crisis
- I have no problem admitting Davies was great today. Nor do I have a problem with Davies staying in the team on merit. But Rose is still better and I expect him to claim that spot back.

Unlike you whilst there are players I prefer, I don't hate on the ones competing with them for places.

- I quoted you yesterday
- Saying Rose is better is not disrespectful
- I've never slagged off Verts
- We had Rose and Towsend on when we beat Chavs last year. & Rose when we beat scum. One win isn't proof Davies is better
- As you say your opinion of playing FBs on the wings is unprovable because it's stupid and no manager would do it unless there's an injury crisis
- I have no problem admitting Davies was great today. Nor do I have a problem with Davies staying in the team on merit. But Rose is still better and I expect him to claim that spot back.

Unlike you whilst there are players I prefer, I don't hate on the ones competing with them for places.

You are not as smart as you think you are. You contradict yourself so many times you don't even know the crux of the argument since I want to play both Rose and Davies and you talk about hate on players competing for places. It was me defending Davies!!!

You probably don't even know Rose was a winger. Of course suddenly you want Davies to keep his place on merit. That's what knee Jerkers do.

Yes, every aspect. Watch his assists from last season, watch his goals from last season.. they all look much better than anything Davies has done this season. Okay, he missed a shot against Woolwich. I've seen Davies sky one or two over the cross bar this year.. so if Rose is limited for missing the target under pressure, surely Davies is league two level for not being able to hit the target from 25 yards out without a single person applying pressure?

Your arguments are just as bogus as everyone else's arguments -- no one can provide any tangible evidence as to what makes Davies better than Rose. Because there isn't. Because even if Davies is a good LB, Rose is clearly the better player.

My positive arguments regarding Davies in a back line are sound after the fact. Lets face it. You are just another screecher who thinks defenders need to entertain first and defend second.

The hilarious aspect is I want Rose to play as a winger and you start praising his assists and goals from last season?

I don't even need to explain anything. You seem to be waxing lyrical strengthening MY OPINION on why Rose should play on the wing! Normally I'd say you can't write this stuff. But you can! It's Gibbsy heaven. Where people who argue with me explain why my opinion is a good idea!!!!

Back
Top Bottom