Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stop deflecting.

Deflecting? When I put multiple stats and you only pick one....the passing and I mention that: How the $@^(@#$^*(@# is that me deflecting?????

I'm deflecting??? You are flat out ignoring the great stats regarding his clearances and blocking that I previously talked about. You begged me for those stats: Then you bring up the passing? Then claim I am deflecting?

This is getting sad. I'm out.

Deflecting? When I put multiple stats and you only pick one....the passing and I mention that: How the $@^(@#$^*(@# is that me deflecting?????

I'm deflecting??? You are flat out ignoring the great stats regarding his clearances and blocking that I previously talked about. You begged me for those stats: Then you bring up the passing? Then claim I am deflecting?

Gibbs I actually find myself aagreeing with most of your views but imo way off on Davies v Rose. First off I have time for both players, however Rose offers us so much more. I don't need to look at stats to show me that. He is vital to how we play both in getting forward to strecth defences and covering for our CB's with his pace.

Gibbs I actually find myself aagreeing with most of your views but imo way off on Davies v Rose. First off I have time for both players, however Rose offers us so much more. I don't need to look at stats to show me that. He is vital to how we play both in getting forward to strecth defences and covering for our CB's with his pace.

I want to start Rose. He is a natural winger. I'm standing up for Davies because he got a lot of disrespect.

I don't think Rose in a backline is what this team needs and results are reflecting this. Do you really want to go back to the old Spurs? The rickety, anyone can beat us on the counter Spurs? WHL is a fortress. Away from home at league leaders Utd did not get a single shot on target with Bentaleb and Davies and it took a mistake for them to score.

We have the best defense record in the prem with Davies at left back. We need Rose going forwards but it's obvious to me that Jan and Rose are a bad mix compared to Jan and Davies. For instance, they got 9 corners and Rose would not have fared as good as Davies did. We need width but not at the cost of our fantastic backline.

Rose will leave you open to the counter. Davies is a safer bet and results are proving this.

I got my wish. Finally a game with no Rose, Townsend, Lennon, Naughton etc and we win 4-1 against City. We are holding firm defending corners. We are scoring corners and also screamers. There is a lot to be said for the entertainment value of the Lennons, Townsends and Roses but it comes at a cost.
Rose has shown to be a disaster in the back as recent as Carrierbag. He was a mess. His mess can really fuck with Jan's stability who has been so solid recently and we all know how quickly that can turn.

It was Sherwood who suggested Rose should be a left back. Not exactly the greatest footballing mind. Rose will take to the wing line a duck to water, and will make us even more solid off the ball and give us more fireworks on it.

I hate to break it to everyone: Long term, Rose is not a good defender. He's a good highlight reel defender, his tackling is amazing. But he has so many holes in his defensive game it's too risky. His positioning is the obvious one. His temper is another. His lack of concentration...Nope. Keep him away from the best back line in the prem. And take the ball and chain off that maniac and let him tear it up.

You put Rose in that back line and I'll give it a month before people are complaining about Jan's face looking like a smacked arse as he's left chasing shadows because Eriksen, Chadli and Rose have left him exposed. We need to do a Bale with Rose.

I want to start Rose. He is a natural winger. I'm standing up for Davies because he got a lot of disrespect.

I don't think Rose in a backline is what this team needs and results are reflecting this. Do you really want to go back to the old Spurs? The rickety, anyone can beat us on the counter Spurs? WHL is a fortress. Away from home at league leaders Utd did not get a single shot on target with Bentaleb and Davies and it took a mistake for them to score.

We have the best defense record in the prem with Davies at left back. We need Rose going forwards but it's obvious to me that Jan and Rose are a bad mix compared to Jan and Davies. For instance, they got 9 corners and Rose would not have fared as good as Davies did. We need width but not at the cost of our fantastic backline.

Rose will leave you open to the counter. Davies is a safer bet and results are proving this.

I got my wish. Finally a game with no Rose, Townsend, Lennon, Naughton etc and we win 4-1 against City. We are holding firm defending corners. We are scoring corners and also screamers. There is a lot to be said for the entertainment value of the Lennons, Townsends and Roses but it comes at a cost.
Rose has shown to be a disaster in the back as recent as Carrierbag. He was a mess. His mess can really fuck with Jan's stability who has been so solid recently and we all know how quickly that can turn.

It was Sherwood who suggested Rose should be a left back. Not exactly the greatest footballing mind. Rose will take to the wing line a duck to water, and will make us even more solid off the ball and give us more fireworks on it.

I hate to break it to everyone: Long term, Rose is not a good defender. He's a good highlight reel defender, his tackling is amazing. But he has so many holes in his defensive game it's too risky. His positioning is the obvious one. His temper is another. His lack of concentration...Nope. Keep him away from the best back line in the prem. And take the ball and chain off that maniac and let him tear it up.

You put Rose in that back line and I'll give it a month before people are complaining about Jan's face looking like a smacked arse as he's left chasing shadows because Eriksen, Chadli and Rose have left him exposed. We need to do a Bale with Rose.
Gibbsy we all like Davies. I'm happy with him starting, he's solid. I still thing rose is slightly better. And it's fine if you think Davies is better. We're not the manager and so what we think really doesn't matter anyways. Nobody is shit talking Davies though.

Last edited:
Gibbsy we all like Davies. I'm happy with him starting, he's solid. I still thing rose is slightly better. And it's fine if you think Davies is better. We're not the manager and so what we think really doesn't matter anyways. Nobody is shit talking Davies though.

Rose is not a better defender IMO. I think by "better" a lot of people are getting that mixed up with entertaining.

Rose is more entertaining to watch. Lost of blood and thunder and chest beating. IMO he's playing out of position. I think putting him in a back line is frustrating for his style and our stability.

Even at his best, he's never looked like a solid player. He's always doing crazy backpasses to Lloris or giving away needless free kicks. We need solid and dependable at the back. We need more pace/widtth going forward so I think this is perfect timing to do a Bale.

Rose is not a better defender IMO. I think by "better" a lot of people are getting that mixed up with entertaining.

Rose is more entertaining to watch. Lost of blood and thunder and chest beating. IMO he's playing out of position. I think putting him in a back line is frustrating for his style and our stability.
I don't think that's true. They offer different styles, with Rose's being more flashy like you said but I don't think that necessarily makes him a worse defender. I'd say they're on par overall, with Rose being a better tackler and Davies being better positionally. Rose's athleticism may make up for some positional lapses that may occur though. That's just my opinion though and I understand if you disagree. To make it clear, I do value Davies and like him as a player and don't mind if he starts.
Even at his best, he's never looked like a solid player. He's always doing crazy backpasses to Lloris or giving away needless free kicks. We need solid and dependable at the back. We need more pace/widtth going forward so I think this is perfect timing to do a Bale.
Again I disgree. Rose's was a standout last season and looked very solid most games. His work rate, tackling, ability, and speed make him the perfect back for a Poch system.

What's sad is that I've asked you two very simple questions 5 times now and you've ignored them each and every time -- What do you think about Danny Rose having a higher pass accuracy than Davies?

How was Ben Davies directly involved in defending Man city's 9 corners?

No one begged you for stats, you offered them up on your own. Then it turned out Danny Rose has better stats than Davies. You've been proven a fool again, Gibbs.

What's sad is that I've asked you two very simple questions 5 times now and you've ignored them each and every time -- What do you think about Danny Rose having a higher pass accuracy than Davies?

No one begged you for stats, you offered them up on your own. Then it turned out Danny Rose has better stats than Davies. You've been proven a fool again, Gibbs.

What am I supposed to do? A fucking finger puppet show of what Davies did? Who the hell remembers the exact details from 20 blocks and clearances?

I've been proven as a fool? We have the best defense in the league. We just beat City with Davies in the back. Rose got sent off vs City. Is that a nice answer to your simple question? It was you slagging off Davies before a famous victory, ignoring so many previous wins and cleans sheets previous.

I look foolish? it was you who said the sky was falling in the transfer threads and I told you otherwise. 100% wins in the prem later...And I am the foolish one? You have not got a single thing right opinion wise regarding our back and forth.

Last edited:
What am I supposed to do? A fucking finger puppet show of what Davies did? Who the hell remembers the exact details from 20 blocks and clearances?

I've been proven as a fool? We have the best defense in the league. We just beat City with Davies in the back. Rose got sent off vs City. Is that a nice answer to your simple question? It was you slagging off Davies before a famous victory, ignoring so many previous wins and cleans sheets previous.

I look foolish? it was you who said the sky was falling in the transfer threads and I told you otherwise. 100% wins in the prem later...And I am the foolish one? You have not got a single thing right opinion wise regarding our back and forth.

Yes, you sound foolish for suggesting that our transfer window was a success after three matches. It's a long way to January, and we'll lack like-for-like depth at CDM and CF until then. But that's neither here nor there...

What do you think about Danny Rose having a higher pass accuracy than Davies?

I would assume that, since you keep highlighting Davies as someone who played a big role in defending the NINE CORNERS City had, you would at least be able to enlighten me on how exactly he helped us defend them.

I'm only asking you to back up your claims, Gibbs.

Yes, you sound foolish for suggesting that our transfer window was a success after three matches. It's a long way to January, and we'll lack like-for-like depth at CDM and CF until then. But that's neither here nor there....

And hey. Here we are. 1 point from 4th after playing the top 1 and 2 in the league.

It is going to be delicious seeing you squirm as our fantastic players make you look like a typical twitter melt. Just like you are squirming scratching your arse thinking how the fuck did this team you were squealing about beat City when we have a midfield injury crisis?

It's because you have no idea of the depth we have. Too much crysterbating over marquee signings will make you go blind. Just like you were blind to Davies being a rock in defense.

And hey. Here we are. 1 point from 4th after playing the top 1 and 2 in the league.

It is going to be delicious seeing you squirm as our fantastic players make you look like a typical twitter melt. Just like you are squirming scratching your arse thinking how the fuck did this team you were squealing about beat City when we have a midfield injury crisis?

It's because you have no idea of the depth we have. Too much crysterbating over marquee signings will make you go blind. Just like you were blind to Davies being a rock in defense.

What do you think about Danny Rose having a higher pass accuracy than Davies?

Quit dodging my questions. Your straw man arguments aren't going to work, nor do they make you sound particularly impressive.

Last edited:

Rose was wrongly given a red card for an excellent tackle, the red was rescinded dipshit.

What about that header Davies missed (against fucking Vardy) at Leicester which led to the goal? He is exposing our CBs! See! Teams are cutting through our left side with ease! Didn't see Mahrez do that against Rose last season. That can be the difference between 4th and 5th that goal, omg Davies cost us CL! His powder puff wishy washy style is ruining this new look hard Spurs, we must get rid of this ballerina.

Yes you sound that ridiculous.

Rose was wrongly given a red card for an excellent tackle, the red was rescinded dipshit.

What about that header Davies missed (against fucking Vardy) at Leicester which led to the goal? He is exposing our CBs! See! Teams are cutting through our left side with ease! Didn't see Mahrez do that against Rose last season. That can be the difference between 4th and 5th that goal, omg Davies cost us CL! His powder puff wishy washy style is ruining this new look hard Spurs, we must get rid of this ballerina.

Another rash challenge in the box by Rose. Sliding in like an idiot giving the attacker every excuse to dive. People have sold Rose more fouls than farmers to KFC.

He's a hot head and will cost us as many goals as he creates from left back. He needs to be away from an area of the pitch that requires cool heads. Him steaming in a last ditch tackle is chaos incarnate.

As for Davies missing a header. Yeah. Shocking stuff. That definitely cancels out all his work in the best defensive back line in the prem this season.

Nope. It was Sherwood. As a coach not manager.

As you were.
What the fuck are you on about Gibbsy? He was picked & played by Redknapp against Blackpool as a LB in 2011. Prior to that he had played as a LM-at Leeds, then whilst out on loan. Or are you saying that Sherwood told Redknapp where his best position was?:harrylol:

I don't remember the missed header by Davies vs Leicester that led to a goal.

I do remember Rose doing exactly the same thing against Leicester in the loss in the cup:

Missing a header that led to a goal.

Once again....you're STILL providing me with more proof I'm right to think Rose should play on the wing.

Really? Where did this info come from?
Sherwood:

“He had to go out and do that at Sunderland and it was a good development phase for him. But he’s still got things to learn and he appreciates that, and he works hard to try to get better. He needs to improve all different factors of his game.

“Don’t forget that Danny’s only been a left-back for a few seasons. I had a chat with him probably three or four years ago and said that, in my opinion, if he was going to play at the top level in the Premier League, he needed to switch his position to play left-back. At first he was a little apprehensive but he’s bought into it.

“I just thought he should follow the same pathway that Ashley Cole did. When he was a young kid at Woolwich he was a winger and then he got pushed back to play at left-back and he’s been fantastic, and I think Danny’s going the same way,” he insisted.

Read more at Sherwood claims Spurs' Danny Rose can "follow the same pathway that Ashley Cole" | Squawka News | News

Back
Top Bottom