Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought it was a pen. Earlier there was another incident with Evans in the box that was a bit debatable.
Mainly good today but a couple of dodgy moments.
He and Aurier do not inspire confidence.

Cannot say I have seen much comparison of Davinson compared to King. King knew what to do with the ball once he got it yet Davinson panics and gives it away.

Yeah Dav is more of a basher whereas Ledley was an elegant player. But Dav is already a solid player and if Ledley can impart his masterful reading of the game to the young lad, he already has the physical gifts to continue growing into a dominant defender.

I think King and Dave have similar size, build, posture and movement. I can see and have seen what Ledders is saying.
If King could coach his own reading of the game into Sanchez, that instinct to be in the right place and do the right thing, then we have a hell of a player. Dave is fit as a fiddle, fast and strong. He just needs to be educated IMO.
Could actually be an inspired decision to bring King in as a coach.

Good thing that Davinson just became 24! Still time and chance to learn and develop.

And there is literally no person in the world I would like to see mentoring him than our own Ledley 😍

Excited to see where this leads to!

I think King and Dave have similar size, build, posture and movement. I can see and have seen what Ledders is saying.
If King could coach his own reading of the game into Sanchez, that instinct to be in the right place and do the right thing, then we have a hell of a player. Dave is fit as a fiddle, fast and strong. He just needs to be educated IMO.
Could actually be an inspired decision to bring King in as a coach.
Totally agree it's just that Ledley had brilliant ball playing technique. And a supernatural ability to read the game. If some Treadstone like program can imbue them then...maybe

Poor with the football . Nothing like the skill of vertonghen when he came forward with it . Sanchez is ok just passing it around the back 4 side to side or back loris . But when he has to go forward his accuracy and vision is poor. Don’t see how Ledley can change that in him. If he doesnt have it now he never will.
An ok back up defender but not a starter for me, not a top 6 defender

People crying about the window but you can already feel the wheels turning and a mentality shift.
Really good sounds coming out of the club and King, Hart and Hojberg have been a breath of fresh air so far.
Sometimes it’s the subtle changes that make the difference, like getting in Ledders.

People crying about the window but you can already feel the wheels turning and a mentality shift.
Really good sounds coming out of the club and King, Hart and Hojberg have been a breath of fresh air so far.
Sometimes it’s the subtle changes that make the difference, like getting in Ledders.
It's all talk and nice words at this point though

We wont know if there is a mentality shift happening until they can do the talking on the pitch

Everything else is just hot air to me

It's all talk and nice words at this point though

We wont know if there is a mentality shift appening until they can do the talking on the pitch

Everything else is just hot air to me
It’s no more than a good feeling for me true, but a good feeling is a welcome one here.

Don’t see the point in putting downers on things before they’ve even had a chance to go wrong all the time

It’s no more than a good feeling for me true, but a good feeling is a welcome one here.

Don’t see the point in putting downers on things before they’ve even had a chance to go wrong all the time
That's a fair enough sentiment and good for you and anyone else feeling positive about how things are shaping up , you could very well be right and I hope you are

But personally I just feel like we have heard all the same positive stuff before and then as soon as we go out on the pitch it counts for very little

Plus I just cant help but be underwhelmed by the caliber of player we seem to be aiming for and I think there are quite a few that feel that way

I think it's not completely unreasonable to feel like that right now but then again none of us plebs really have any idea how things are going to turn out

That's a fair enough sentiment and good for you and anyone else feeling positive about how things are shaping up , you could very well be right and I hope you are

But personally I just feel like we have heard all the same positive stuff before and then as soon as we go out on the pitch it counts for very little

Plus I just cant help but be underwhelmed by the caliber of player we seem to be aiming for and I think there are quite a few that feel that way

I think it's not completely unreasonable to feel like that right now but then again none of us plebs really have any idea how things are going to turn out
Personally I’ve been more underwhelmed by our expensive “high calibre” signings so for me it’s fine with the likes of Hojberg and Wilson.

I think people have got ahead of our station a bit.
We aren’t really that good, and right in the middle of a transitional period.

Good luck dreaming about players that can walk into Utd or City or Real right now.

Ain’t happening so best accept its ground zero or you’re going to really struggle. We aren’t “that” team anymore and haven’t been for years.
The CL run aside, we’ve been sliding for a long long time.

The upside is that with a new management team, we can actually look forward to changes. We’ve already made some.

Back
Top Bottom