Davinson Sanchez

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sanchez has shit the bed in numerous games.

Short memories.

Fact is, between Toby, Dier, Sanchez we have a sub-par pool of CBs for where we want to be.

Tanganga is a glimmer of light, but I see him more as a utility player.

A crime this guy isn't a permanent starter after how good the Sanchez/Alderweireld pairing was at the end of last season. Why change a winning formula at the back? I would be furious if I were him.

Three great performances in a row for what, only to be dropped for fuck knows what reason?
I love this stuff. As if Sanchez was just perfect and great and always performed...

Dude stays quiet and people forget his countless calamitious fuck ups.

He's an average defender who is kinda strong but gets bullied a lot and just doesn't impose himself. Dier and Vertonghen aren't much better but still, none of these guys are that great.

I love this stuff. As if Sanchez was just perfect and great and always performed...

Nobody is disputing the fact that Sanchez can be a donkey at times (I hope). Question, unless we buy a better center back, what do you prefer of Dier/Alderweireld and Sanchez/Alderweireld?

This is not about Sanchez being the second coming of Maldini, it's that he's simply suited better with what we he have than Dier. It's not bloody rocket science looking at our recent matches.

Sanchez has at least got pace and will throw his body in front of a shot. He also makes less mistakes than any other defender. It's only memories of Toby and Dier when they were good that holds them up

I find it incredible that Dier starts ahead of him and how anyone could ever want Dier to start ahead of him.
In saying that Toby returned to the shit Toby last season prior to lockdown. We need a new manager with a new view on this squad, not a has been with favourites

In saying that Toby returned to the shit Toby last season prior to lockdown. We need a new manager with a new view on this squad, not a has been with favourites

Because he was partnered with Dier.

Toby/Sanchez at the back end of last season was our best pairing by a country mile.

Sanchez has at least got pace and will throw his body in front of a shot. He also makes less mistakes than any other defender. It's only memories of Toby and Dier when they were good that holds them up
Sanchez is our best CB. Toby has slowed down considerably and Dier always makes major mistakes at the back. Hopefully Jose sees the light and starts playing Sanchez and Tanganga sooner rather than later.

Because he was partnered with Dier.

Toby/Sanchez at the back end of last season was our best pairing by a country mile.
Trying to mark a player while standing a metre in front of him and his hoof and hope passing, plus his ability to sprint properly isn't anything to do with his partner

A lot of people saying this guy needs to be the first name on the team sheet but his brainless mistake in conceding that corner almost sent us out of Europe.

I think he can still make it but he has to cut out the shit mistakes. It’s impossible to concede such a stupid corner against such a feeble opponent.

Underrated pass (to the final pass) in our third goal. I think he played well today - to be fair, Dier also improved in the second half (though he was poor in their first goal).

Last edited:
Why have you been doing that though? He's diabolical. How does he get so much love? He's even worse than Dier ffs.

Just keep a look on him next game - every single time he heads it it goes straight to the opposition. Like a magnet. It's incredible.

Well, that's because the great majority of the time he's in an aerial duel, it's him that's heading it.

He's a great athlete, he can tackle, he's defensively aware and responsible and he's one of very few properly hard guys we have.

He's not a "classy" player. But he adds important things that we're otherwise lacking and he seems to fit what Mourinho wants to do.

Not today though, yikes, Adams and Djenepo were clowning him out there. He usually stays with his man a lot better than that. Djenepo looks a player though in fairness.

Back
Top Bottom