Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dele Alli | Tottenham Hotspur

Following an Independent Regulatory Hearing, The Football Association has informed the Club that Dele Alli has been suspended for one first team competitive fixture with immediate effect, fined £50,000 and must complete a face-to-face education course following a breach of FA Rule E3 in relation to a social media post in February 2020.

Dele said: "In response to the FA decision, I would like to apologise again for any offence caused by my behaviour. It was an extremely poorly judged joke about a virus that has now affected us more than we could ever have imagined. I’m grateful that The FA has confirmed that my actions were not racist because I despise racism of any kind. We all need to be mindful of the words and actions we use and how they can be perceived by others."

Our thoughts continue to be with everyone affected by COVID-19.
so are Kyle Walker, Grealish, and the Chelsea guy (can't be bothered looking up who it was) going to be punished for their misdemeanours ?

Weird one that...

The FA confirm he's not being punished for racism, so essentially he's being fined 50-grand for making light of a virus that was yet to be recognised as being as serious as it is.

If it's not racism... What is the "education program" they're to send him on.... A crash course in Epidemiology? ....Corona-viruses 101?

Very good question. If we had twitter fans who were a little more onto it then a stink could be made about old whitey handing down punishments to a young black player whilst Jack Selby crashes his coke encrusted car during lockdown to no ill effects.

But it is the usual shit show when it comes to punishments and Spurs. Of course his ban happens to be one game against Manure. The team he scored against earlier in the season.

Just the same as Poch's ban for telling Mike Dean to repeat what he said to the cameras expired the very game after we played the dippers.

This is really interesting insight into Dele's defence and the FA's dealing. I personally think it's reasonable on all fronts. Wish this level of transparency was given in every case, rather than being led by trolls and bias and people passing judgement solely on a Newspaper headline.

Seemed poor today. Slow and unaware.
Average passing. Bad shooting.
Needs to quit fucking around with his instragram fan club and rededicate himself to the game.

Back
Top Bottom