Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s at a stage now where the “Dele is a top talent but lazy” argument isn’t valid now.

He is in fact a boring, predictable and lazy player that had a good season four years ago.
That’s where his story ends.
I don’t get the lazy comments. His distance covered and number of sprints stats was always high.

Mourinho will never play Ndombele deeper though. For whatever reason he doesn't trust him defensively this year. Despite him pressing like a mad man as our most offensive player.

Ndombeles ability suits him to play deeper. Takes the ball off the defenders, drives forward, counters a press and off we go.

Maybe the fact we don't play through midfield is why we don't play Ndombele deeper? Who knows.
Ndombele himself has said he prefers to play as a 10 and sees that as his best possession.

I disagree with him and you do as well, but it's not like Jose is the only one who doesn't want Ndombele to play deeper.

How about his off-field distractions then?
Dier seems to have got it together, why not Dele?

Dier has been played regularly, allowed to make mistskes and recover from them, Dele gets minutes sporadically and is seemingly expected to be faultless when played.

Think his off the field "distractions" are somewhat over stated and more a problem for supporters who think players shouldn't have a life outside of the club.

I know this sounds absolutely ridiculous and probably has no correlation to the real life Dele Alli situation, but I understand when Mourinho says he doesn't fit in.... With our players and the holding role he doesn't even fit in my FIFA 21 squad anymore.

What kind of money will Dele bring in ?
I think he only brings in money if he stays in the PL. Probably Levy’s lesser preferred option but someone offering something crazy like 40-55m may sway him.

Any move out of the PL would likely be a loan first. If successful, 1. the team buys him; 2. Assuming he wants to stay, we give him another chance; 3. Dele’s wants to leave the club but stay in league, West Ham/Everton were convinced by Dele’s loan spell, Levy gets them to pay 60m for Dele.

We'd be better off investing time in Dele to get him back on track because the upside to that is much more than any fee we could get from him now. He'd get back to his best with Ndombele and Hojberg behind him rather than Sissoko and Winks I'm sure.

We'd be better off investing time in Dele to get him back on track because the upside to that is much more than any fee we could get from him now. He'd get back to his best with Ndombele and Hojberg behind him rather than Sissoko and Winks I'm sure.

Ndombeles good but he's not THAT good

Dele is a gonna, dier situation is he is learning on the job, in which he is three months in.

Dele has done nought for over 2 1/2 years to arrest his rut, and all you got from him during last season, is the big 'i am', stropping, not helping team mates, constant jestering of the arms in dissatisfaction.

Even if poch was here fitting in the team would of been a headache.

Dele is a gonna, dier situation is he is learning on the job, in which he is three months in.

Dele has done nought for over 2 1/2 years to arrest his rut, and all you got from him during last season, is the big 'i am', stropping, not helping team mates, constant jestering of the arms in dissatisfaction.

Even if poch was here fitting in the team would of been a headache.
Dele's poor form only really covers the 2nd half of 19/20, prior to that he was doing well he just wasn't playing thr pure attacking role that people expected of him, so when the goals & assists dried up they didn't notice he was playing an effective pressing midfield game - took one for the team, kept his head down and got on with it. This Big I Am stuff is such a weird thing to label him with as it's clearly not how he behaved at all.

Back
Top Bottom