Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's a player that I like and would love to see him get back to where he was a few years ago.
One of my big issues with him is not knowing where his best position is. I always used to think playing just behind Harry Kane but he's currently lost his right to that position and I don't know if we are able to play that way to fit him in any more. I don't think he is a great midfielder but he often ends up there for us now and for England.
Only time will tell if he has the desire to turn things around that but I would like to think Jose has well and truly given him a kick up the arse with being left out of a couple of squads.

It's a complicated one, he's the player that splits our fanbase the most apart from N'Dombele. FWIW, I would sell Dele now but only at the right price, and as I don't think we'll get a good offer he should stay put for the meantime. Dele has real quality and you don't lose that overnight, but injuries (in my view) have played a big role in his loss of form. He's still intermittently good but is playing much deeper now and we have players who suit that position better than he does. Ideally he plays a free role like he did in 2015-17 when he was devastating, but the team has moved on and I don't quite know where he fits into our current structure or even where he can be played for best effect.

Dele could still have a role to play here but he's not quite right for whatever reason and hasn't been for some time - as fans, we can only speculate why that is the case. Eventually he may have to leave and try to restart his career somewhere else - and good luck to him on that one. We've certainly got more than our money's worth from him. He definitely does not deserve any hate from our fans.

Bollocks it's due to injury. Everything about him just screams lazy cunt. Basic work rate isn't lost through injury. Even tonight he strolls about, lazy passes where he needs to flash it in or just greedy and doesn't release the ball to those in better positions. In fact it's most games he's like that

He's finished.

Have to laugh at his agent leaking the PSG story along with the fact that the dressing room was shocked with his dropping.

Get rid, I would take £30 million tomorrow.

He's finished.

Have to laugh at his agent leaking the PSG story along with the fact that the dressing room was shocked with his dropping.

Get rid, I would take £30 million tomorrow.

He seems to have lost all ability to know when and where to pass a football. Holds onto it far too long. I’ve always backed him but he’s not making it easy for me. If he wasn’t HG I suspect we would of looked to have moved him on already if that’s not what we are doing now.

Back
Top Bottom