Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everyone says he played well except that.
So what. That's his problem. He always has a big error in him. Van Dijk plays well and doesn't make that error because he's a top CB.

Dier is not a top CB. I cannot believe he's become a starter . He's not good enough and we will not succeed with him.

Both him/Sanchez have that sort of mistake in them too much.
It wasn't an error!! The actual error was Romero, who called and jumped for the ball, he missed it, it then drops to Dier, which he wouldn't have had any time to react to it.

Whilst all the usual people are lining up to kick him, some even blaming him for the first goal too!!!! Looool (That was Romero), they remain silent on Romero's performance, who was diving in missing his tackles in the first half. Every time he does this he's out of position and it's Dier who's then having to cover him. (BTW I really like how aggressive Romero is and I'm prepared to accept the downside of him missing his tackles and the oppo taking advantage of it, it was his fault for Villa's goal in exactly this circumstance and again twats blamed Dier! I think overall he's a positive to the entire team dynamic).

Last edited:
Spurs win leaves the haters with nothing to say on the main pages - so they all pick on a player instead.

Dier is the leader in the back four, age and experience almost guarantee him a starting role until a senior CB is transferred in - haters just gonna have to suck it up .... it's almost worth having him play every game just to watch the trolls squirming - o_O
Nothing to squirm about that own goal was Sunday league shit. Let's see what kind of calamitous error he produces next week and let's hope it's not a 2-1 or 1-1 game. Villa goal was his fault too.

He’s dog shit, end of story. I couldn’t give a toss if he had a good game, because at the end of the day, it’s pointless having a decent game if by the end of it, you put the team in danger with stupid mistakes. A few mistakes you can accept, but when he’s at fault for so many errors every single game, you begin to question how the fuck this donkey gets picked by every manager

Looks like he was trying to just cushion it back to lloris but fucked it up royally. Thankfully it happened when we had a 2 goal cushion but it means we finished 3-2 against a shite Newcastle team in a game we dominated. I like the guy and he seems popular in the group but I'm not sure he'll ever overcome the brain farts

Some of the same people who make excuses for the likes of winks and doherty every game are making excuses for dier as well. Thankfully Nuno has stopped including the first in the starting 11s, and soon hopefully will figure out how much of a calamity dier is too. Hopefully soon enough that it wont damage our season.

It wasn't an error!! The actual error was Romero, who called and jumped for the ball, he missed it, it then drops to Dier, which he wouldn't have had any time to react to it.

Whilst all the usual people are lining up to kick him, some even blaming him for the first goal too!!!! Looool (That was Romero), they remain silent on Romero's performance, who was diving in missing his tackles in the first half. Every time he does this he's out of position and it's Dier who's then having to cover him. (BTW I really like how aggressive Romero is and I'm prepared to accept the downside of him missing his tackles and the oppo taking advantage of it, it was his fault for Villa's goal in exactly this circumstance and again twats blamed Dier! I think overall he's a positive to the entire team dynamic).
1. I agree Romero at fault for first goal
2. Villa goal is typical Dier. Incapable of marking players and lets ball go across the box. How many goals did we concede last season where ball goes across the box and Dier just stands there or goes over Dier's head.

A few off the top of my head :
Leeds (A) - Bamford
Liverpool(H) - Firmino
West Ham (A) - Antonio

There was way way more.

He’s dog shit, end of story. I couldn’t give a toss if he had a good game, because at the end of the day, it’s pointless having a decent game if by the end of it, you put the team in danger with stupid mistakes. A few mistakes you can accept, but when he’s at fault for so many errors every single game, you begin to question how the fuck this donkey gets picked by every manager
Someone pointed out that it’s because he speaks Portuguese

:dembelelol:

1. I agree Romero at fault for first goal
2. Villa goal is typical Dier. Incapable of marking players and lets ball go across the box. How many goals did we concede last season where ball goes across the box and Dier just stands there or goes over Dier's head.

A few off the top of my head :
Leeds (A) - Bamford
Liverpool(H) - Firmino
West Ham (A) - Antonio

There was way way more.
It didn't directly cause the first goal but I was surprised to see how easily Newcastle got the ball through midfield leading up to it.

Totally agreed, thouh let’s face it Dier is simply not good enough. Hasn’t been for four years isn’t going to change now.
Romero to blame for the first goal where he goes to get Rrichies long ball but passes it straight to Joelinton who swings it out to the right and then on the cross Romero is again beaten to it by Wilson. Absolutely piss poor defending from Romero, not Dier.
the OG Dier gives away the needless free kick for a unnecessary challenge and then the free kick in Romero misses again and Dier just doesn’t react well.
Dier was poor but so was Romero.

Totally agreed, thouh let’s face it Dier is simply not good enough. Hasn’t been for four years isn’t going to change now.
Romero to blame for the first goal where he goes to get Rrichies long ball but passes it straight to Joelinton who swings it out to the right and then on the cross Romero is again beaten to it by Wilson. Absolutely piss poor defending from Romero, not Dier.
the OG Dier gives away the needless free kick for a unnecessary challenge and then the free kick in Romero misses again and Dier just doesn’t react well.
Dier was poor but so was Romero.
Careful you're almost making sense - the haters will never allow that ..............

Careful you're almost making sense - the haters will never allow that ..............
All you can ask for is some consistency, too easy to always bash Dier. Our whole back four is an accident waiting to happen hence why Poch had the team trying to make the opposition make a mistake with the press.

I think he starts because apart from Rodon he's the only guy capable of playing LCB.
I think he’s starting because he’s Kanes mate and a dressing room favorite/old timer. Nothing else.

It’s shameful and embarrassing how many games he gets while Rodon and Sanchez largely rot on the bench. FFS at least rotate the slot next to Romero. Our coaches are consistently, frustratingly moronic in this regard.

I think he’s starting because he’s Kanes mate and a dressing room favorite/old timer. Nothing else.

It’s shameful and embarrassing how many games he gets while Rodon and Sanchez largely rot on the bench. FFS at least rotate the slot next to Romero. Our coaches are consistently, frustratingly moronic in this regard.

Agreed with everything apart from your Sanchez comment. Sanchez is just as bad mate and makes far too many mistakes. I would happily sell both Dier and Sanchez tomorrow if we could.

Back
Top Bottom