Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Son refuses to take FKs, then Dier should be first choice. Not a knee jerk reaction based on today and I don’t even think Dier is all that good at FKs but such is my disdain of Kane stepping up to the plate, he should be the main man

Agree, but he will find the passing easier when the midfield gives him better options. Winks and Hojbjerg were awful in the first half, they did better in the 2nd but still not good enough really. We need a Carrick type to just give defenders an easy pass and move the ball forward accurately to our attacking players.
Couldn’t agree more, he looks better in a back three and a quality midfielder always looking to receive the ball would help him out big time

No agenda I just watch the games and don't rely on unreliable stats that don't have much to do what actually happened on the pitch.
Why did you disagree with the actual OPTA data? To say a player's "passing was terrible as usual" when both watching or reading the statistics show that you are wrong? that's just you being a spiteful hating troll - so nothing new there.

Dier's short passing today was excellent, his long ball passing whilst less accurate had us pushing Leeds back in the second half - you did watch the game I take it?

Why did you disagree with the actual OPTA data? To say a player's "passing was terrible as usual" when both watching or reading the statistics show that you are wrong? that's just you being a spiteful hating troll - so nothing new there.

Dier's short passing today was excellent, his long ball passing whilst less accurate had us pushing Leeds back in the second half - you did watch the game I take it?

I did watch the game and saw that Dier sucked.

And yes stats can be wrong.

Dier wasnt bad overall. Didnt make his usual major defensive error. But using passing percentage to determine if someone is a good or bad passer is just stupid.

Hahahaha - good or bad passer is nothing to do with passing success percentage - guess winning or losing is nothing to do with being a good team either right? wtf is wrong with the haters on here?

Hahahaha - good or bad passer is nothing to do with passing success percentage - guess winning or losing is nothing to do with being a good team either right? wtf is wrong with the haters on here?
If one player passes 10 times to a guy thats surrounded by 3 players putting the team under pressure but its an easy straight line 3 yard pass , they get a 100% passing stat.

Another player makes more difficult passes to player in better positions, quickly, with single touches and gets 9 out of 10 right, thats 90% passes completed.

A troll like you would think the 1st one is a great passer , but in the real world the 2nd one is better.

Back
Top Bottom