Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hyberbolic because i made a crap joke using the phonetics of his name? The rest is my well reasoned assessment from watching him make costly errors for several years. He makes less under conte and this system masks some of his flaws but i cant see us in a title race next year if he is starting. To you thats exaggeration?

Technically any player that plays in a back 3 will have the flaws hidden though so that's not really an argument.

Despite his flaws as a defender he still has upsides like leadership, aerial dominance, passing, blocking and it's factual that when he's not in the team our defence looks lost and defend poorer as a unit.

He's not going to be replaced next season as he's one of Conte's key men.

Technically any player that plays in a back 3 will have the flaws hidden though so that's not really an argument.

Despite his flaws as a defender he still has upsides like leadership, aerial dominance, passing, blocking and it's factual that when he's not in the team our defence looks lost and defend poorer as a unit.

He's not going to be replaced next season as he's one of Conte's key men.
I am not suggesting that we play Rodon over him I believe he is our best at the position. However which teams in the top 6 do you think he starts for? I think he’s prem quality but a mid table calibre talent. We need to prioritize wingbacks and a backup striker first but a top cm and upgrades on dier and davies would take us to a higher level. Ultimately Conte should decide.

Dier always has a brainfart. If people can't accept it and prepared for when it happens, then tbh, they're born to be Spurs fans.
Dier is the perfect player for Spurs. Get's your hopes up there's been a turn around and then BAM.

And yes fanbois, you're gonna have to accept Romero was as much at fault as Dier.

I am not suggesting that we play Rodon over him I believe he is our best at the position. However which teams in the top 6 do you think he starts for? I think he’s prem quality but a mid table calibre talent. We need to prioritize wingbacks and a backup striker first but a top cm and upgrades on dier and davies would take us to a higher level. Ultimately Conte should decide.

How many teams in the top 6 start with Jordan Henderson in midfield? 🤷‍♀️

It's not about who else would he start for for it's about what he does for us, he's currently a mainstay and statistically a key player at the 4th best team in the Premier League.

And it's very doubtful we're going to upgrade on all those positions you listed, we're not made of money. what we will do is upgrade on the key positions that need upgrading, like wing back, LCB, CM and probably a backup striker...there's far more issues in the team to look at as a priority than Dier.

It's not about who else would he start for for it's about what he does for us, he's currently a mainstay and statistically a key player at the 4th best team in the Premier League.

And it's very doubtful we're going to upgrade on all those positions you listed, we're not made of money. what we will do is upgrade on the key positions that need upgrading, like wing back, LCB, CM and probably a backup striker...there's far more issues in the team to look at as a priority than Dier.
Why are you trying to reason with Igula...its literally like farting at a hurricane.

Dier made a mistake and got burned on the goal. Historically, he always has a mistake in him, but he has been very good the last several months and is nowhere near the top of the list of players we need to replace.

Only shitty supporters destroy players for one mistake when they've been good for several months.

Arse, Utd, 50/50 he’d start for us

Dier did not make a mistake for the goal. He was in the correct position. 2:35.

what good is being in the correct position if you allow a little faint to completely take you out the game and give a player a clear opening to goal? the way he defended for the dummy was a mistake, just like your post.

Dier got caught out by a neat shimmy from Trossard but Romero is the one who made a genuine mistake on the goal. He should never, ever lose that ball. I think most defenders would be caught by surprise in that situation.

Dier got caught out by a neat shimmy from Trossard but Romero is the one who made a genuine mistake on the goal. He should never, ever lose that ball. I think most defenders would be caught by surprise in that situation.
To me that summed up to Romero performance all game. He did have some good moments but overall was so slow and dare I say arrogant when he had the ball leading to sloppiness. He set the tone I think of the slow piddling around with the ball. He was in his deck chair all gane.

He never had the ball. Wtf are people watching? He’s practically fully on the ground, off balance and the ball is behind him when he touches it.

He never had the ball. Wtf are people watching? He’s practically fully on the ground, off balance and the ball is behind him when he touches it.

Nah, he steamed in first time to clear the ball but hit it first time off the opponent and it bounced straight back. Then he has another go except this time instead of putting his boot through it he tries to tap it away, stumbles over the ball and clumsily gifts possession to Trossard. He was doing it all game, dithering and faffing around instead of being decisive. In the first 5 minutes he gave a ball away that should have lead to a Brighton goal purely through him dawdling on the edge of the box. He is sometimes far too casual.

Back
Top Bottom