Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He has just had an operation. Ange says he is fit but he is not match fit.
I think those who think he is shit are the blind ones. He played in the World Cup FFS. England are rated the 5th best team in the world.
Maybe Ange does not rate him. But that doesn't make him a bad player.
He was in our back 4 that got ECL 2021-22. He was in our defence that started last season so well.
If you don't rate him then fair enough but it's bullshit to call him fat and slow and no good.
He is an excellent CB.
OK mate

Michael J Fox Doc GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

He's absolutely fucking awful and has been for years.

The proof will be when he fails to succeed even at inferior clubs to ours.
If he was any good, he'd either have been sold or given a new contract and a starting place.

He does not defend. Defenders can't not defend.

Imagine sticking a lump up front, and every time they're presented with a shooting chance, they flat out refuse and give the ball away....

It’s a sad indictment but that is probably his finest moment for us and it was his debut (maybe a bit harsh as he did some quality stuff as a dm and in back 3 for Poch)

He's had some decent moments. Assist for Dele at Stamford Bridge a highlight. Shushing the Gooners always puts a smile on my face

Dier has been a good player for us, especially considering the fee we paid. Great value.

It’s just time to move on now. He doesn’t suit the way Ange wants to play as he isn’t quick enough and isn’t composed enough on the ball (although he is not terrible). We have a manager now who doesn’t have any loyalty to the players and is judging them objectively and he has judged Dier to be surplus to his requirements.

He doesn’t deserve all this hate because he has given the best he can give during his time here, hopefully he accepts that it’s time to leave and he gets a nice transfer.

I bet if you went back and watched him playing DM in his prime, for 90 minutes, with hindsight, he'd be doing all the same things.
One incident really sticks in my mind, Liverpool at Wembley. I think we lost. He plays a blind back pass to the CD, who wasn't anywhere near where Dier passed it. Put Salah clean through on goal.
I can't actually remember if Salah scored or not tbh. There's tonnes of incidents where he does that kind of thing but the attacker doesn't score. Because there's no goal on the end of it, it didn't go down as an error leading to a goal. That convinced people he was better than he was.

He's shit.

He and Winks were two players I never wanted to see in a Spurs shirt again.
50% of the way there this summer.

Edit: the passback/through ball may have been away to Liverpool and I was watching on TV. It wasn't in the 4-1 win or 1-2 loss at Wembley that's for sure

Last edited:
Honestly would not mind Eric Dier coming back to Sporting to replace an aging Coates in the back three.

I hope that we can continue to build a friendship with a club like Tottenham since we have done a couple of deals with you guys.

If you are prepared to refund on Porro you can have him for free.......

How's that?

One thing about Ange he doesn't get close to the players which means he has no issue in binning them off when required.
good way to be as a manager. no room for feelings and shit, its a cut throat result business.

he does seem like a bit of a no nonsense throwback manager . mans man who does what he thinks right, leaves the politics out of it.

Not that they've bid for him, and I've seen no mention of it anywhere, so this is in no way anything ITK, but I've just had an inspired move idea for Dier....

EVERTON!

Hear me out:

They're still a massive, historical club (so not EXACTLY a step down in SIZE) but in terms of quality, they're probably as good a fit for Dier as anyone in the Prem right now...

Plus, it's the club he was at as a youngster...

AND, you never know, his arrival could well re-ignite Dele's career by having his BFF back at his side...

Win-Win-Win??

Should we start a petition? :deledoubt: :dier:

I should be a football agent!

Unlike some, I genuinely don't hate Dier, and still wish he'd have turned it around with us... but sadly not.
It seems the writing was in the wall BEFORE the Norwich Cup game, but that 'incident' in the crowd seems to have done for him... Shame, cos at the time, I thought it might cement his Tottenham legend status!!

I only wish the best for him... and maybe a club like Everton could well be the move/club he needs and thrives at now!

Last edited:
Not that they've bid for him, and I've seen no mention of it anywhere, so this is in no way anything ITK, but I've just had an inspired move idea for Dier....

EVERTON!

Hear me out:

They're still a massive, historical club (so not EXACTLY a step down in SIZE) but in terms of quality, they're probably as good a fit for Dier as anyone in the Prem right now...

Plus, it's the club he was at as a youngster...

AND, you never know, his arrival could well re-ignite Dele's career by having his BFF back at his side...

Win-Win-Win??

Should we start a petition? :deledoubt: :dier:

I should be a football agent!

Unlike some, I genuinely don't hate Dier, and still wish he'd have turned it around with us... but sadly not.
It seems the writing was in the wall BEFORE the Norwich Cup game, but that 'incident' in the crowd seems to have done for him... Shame, cos at the time, I thought it might cement his Tottenham legend status!!

I only wish the best for him... and maybe a club like Everton could well be the move/club he needs and thrives at now!
they are already in a relegation fight, that would be the final nail.

Back
Top Bottom