Europa League 2020-21 - Quest For Glory

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wonder, is there a chance we could draw a team in a country where fans can attend games? And if so, will we get an away allocation? My mate had told me that the games will be in neutral venues but reading this thread it seems it will be randomly home or away.

I wonder, is there a chance we could draw a team in a country where fans can attend games? And if so, will we get an away allocation? My mate had told me that the games will be in neutral venues but reading this thread it seems it will be randomly home or away.
Nope - UEFA have said all qualifying games will be behind closed doors to reduce the home advantage. So no chance until the Group Stage at least.

It's the least important competition and we aren't going to be playing the first XI 8 times in two weeks so it is what it is.
There is no first thing as a first XI anymore. Modern day football is a squad game. I think some youngsters will play in the League Cup however, the majority will be from the first team squad.

It's the least important competition and we aren't going to be playing the first XI 8 times in two weeks so it is what it is.
It might be the least important but every competition is important under the circumstances: badly needing a trophy, fighting to keep top players interested etc.

Fucking hell! The leagues need to band together and pay off UEFA (and other relevant stakeholders) and the PL needs to pay off the lower tiers to stop the Nations League and League Cup, respectively, from taking place this season. Unless they want a bunch of their star players having potentially career-ending seasons..

The "pay-offs" are to remunerate for losses from not holding the tournaments because we all know none of the organisations involved will do what's best for the players when it comes into conflict with their financials.

On the bright side, if he does play every game, Harry Kane could hit 20 goals by mid-October
Unironically.

Sadly, it's far more likely that this season ends his career if too much pressure is put on him with that fixture list.

Unironically.

Sadly, it's far more likely that this season ends his career if too much pressure is put on him with that fixture list.
I want Spurs to win every competition they are in, but the League Cup is objectively the least important trophy for us to be fighting for.

Back
Top Bottom