Europa league or Nothing?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Europa league or Nothing?

• Europa League qualification

Votes: 32 32.7%
  • No Europe at all

Votes: 45 45.9%
  • I haven’t given up on top 4/5 yet

Votes: 21 21.4%

• Total voters
Nothing.

A full Mourinho season without midweek games and a injury-free squad sounds really exciting. Title race incoming
We crushed 4-0 in the CL first knock out stage, we lost to Colchester in the Caraboa cup, we lost to Norwich in the FA cup, we are 8th in the PL and may get worse, we don't know how the next goal is coming, we can't defend. And you say Title race incoming. And I say you are a deluded fan.

Europa League or nothing is not here or there. This is a short term view and not so important after being in the CL for so many seasons.

What matters now is the direction of the club after such a poor season. I think the future is bleak.
Less bleak league wise if we don't play Thurs - Sat.

Fuck Europe. I want to see us turn over the many scum around us.

Less bleak league wise if we don't play Thurs - Sat.
Agreed if Levy will spend money without having income from European football, I doubt it. We need at least 4 players, around £150m. The club won't spend that. Also you can't attract decent players without CL or EL.

The team isn’t fit to qualify for next season’s champions league, and, any sensible manager would know that the best possible position to finish now is outside the Europa league qualifying position. Qualifying for that competition with its champions league carrot is the guaranteed death of our domestic season; to my knowledge only Manchester United have ever been wise enough to play that card - it’s time we played it too - but I can’t see this Chelshit cunt being brave enough!

A fully fit Spurs team is still really strong imo. Obviously the injuries will not add up if the players actually gets a week rest between each game. Next season Liverpool will probably regress and the other teams aren't that strong either.
Liverpool won't regress, they are wining trophies after trophies, they will dominate the PL just like manu did.
Chelsea and man utd are playing very well and will spend in the summer and get stronger
City are strong already.
And that's the bigIV.

Agreed if Levy will spend money without having income from European football, I doubt it. We need at least 4 players, around £150m. The club won't spend that. Also you can't attract decent players without CL or EL.
I agree with your point but you don't always have to buy but you do always have to buy well ( When you're not a global powerhouse that is)

My point: a DOF that doesn't kowtow to any one manager. One that defines the philosophy of the club from Junior to Senior. Owns the scouting network, the youth setup and ultimately reduces the yoyo spending as managers coaches come and go.

I don’t think it is done yet. Especially if 5th gets a CL spot.

I don’t want EL though, would rather miss out. Go full tilt at every domestic comp. Kane playing once a week most of the time would be good for him. And Probably Ndombele too.

Make some smart signings and we can compete on all domestic fronts.

The good thing about Europa League is...

Well I liked it when we had Jol.
And you play teams so shit the likes of Cirkin, Parrott, Ndombele, Walcott might get some starts.

Lamela scores 'rabonas' in the Europa League too.

if we got into the EL we should use the second 11 for those matches that would allow all the squad to have game time, have the first 11 for a run at the top 4 next season then if you need a sub or backup he will have had match time in EL LC & FA cup

if we got into the EL we should use the second 11 for those matches that would allow all the squad to have game time, have the first 11 for a run at the top 4 next season then if you need a sub or backup he will have had match time in EL LC & FA cup
The thing is we know Mourinho won’t do that, he takes every cup seriously which I respect.

but he would play Kane and Son every match.

We do not stand a chance of qualifying for the EL with the cunt of a manager we have got. The football we play is trash. For major parts of the games we were dominated by the likes of Burnley and Norwich recently, and we were ridiculed by Leipzig yesterday. We haven't been this bad for as long as I can remember.

We do not stand a chance of qualifying for the EL with the cunt of a manager we have got. The football we play is trash. For major parts of the games we were dominated by the likes of Burnley and Norwich recently, and we were ridiculed by Leipzig yesterday. We haven't been this bad for as long as I can remember.

We‘ve been like this for more than a year. Getting easily outfought by mediocre teams is why we didn’t win an away game for almost a year.

I know the CL run was amazing last year but it seems to have erased the memory of that league season for some people. I remember watching us lose in the last minute away at a feeble Bournemouth after we had Son and Foyth sent off. I remember us losing at home to West Ham in one of the first matches at the new WHL. Losing away at Southampton after 3 defenders let a cross go through their legs for a tap in. We have been very bad for a long time and with our injuries and poor transfer business we don’t have a way to fix it.

I don't fully understand the narratives that surround European qualification to be honest. If a club doesn't make CL then it's said they will lose their players and will be unable to attract quality to the Club. Yet that narrative never affected Chelsea, Man U etc when they failed, in fact they just carried on as normal.

There may be truth in it but equally, it's a narrative that only gets aimed at select clubs.

We are so far away from being a cohesive team we can't have the distraction of Europe, this team is gassed and is not coached, we need dip out of Europa altogether, we simply aren't able to compete on a domestic level, let alone juggling a European one as well.

I agree no champions league then don’t bother with Europa league concentrate on league form and have a proper go at the fa cup then use the league cup for the kids perhaps Europe had become a distraction and papered over the cracks that were starting to appear

Back
Top Bottom