Everton vs Spurs - Sunday, November 7 14:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jesus you don’t realise how bad we have been until you look at the table. We have scored 9 goals all fucking season. Only team with less in the league is Norwich with 5. They really need to buck their ideas up. Antonio, work you’re magic

Blimey, CONTE'S still sleeping at the TRAINING ground... Give him half an hour to settle back into London!

Progress was NOT conceding late to them .. which we've done recently ...
Not the barnstorming 6-2 we all wanted, but it was never gonna be... YET!

More to be happy about than annoyed with ATM.
Amazing that people can't see we'd have gotten battered 3-0 again, today, if nuno was in charge.

Nailed on!

In the circumstances, that was a solid away performance to a team with a very sore bum - after getting pounded in their last game - and they went for us.

It's our second game with a new shape and new instructions, from a new manager (WHO ONLY GOT HERE 5 DAYS AGO!!) , only having a few days to absorb them, and we managed to keep a clean sheet and gain a point with some super average players who actually looked like they had been coached, with an idea behind how they were playing.

Lots on the bright side, today.

We already know all the rest.

There is no way around this situation other than bringing in players AC wants.

The way he wants to play demands better players.

So we have to "suffer" a little longer, as fans, until he can design the team in his image.

As simple as that.

Look forward to January and stop being so fucking miserable, folks.

Antonio Conte is our fucking manager!

Look! He really is! Antonio Conte - Wikipedia

Cheer the fuck up.

Strewth.

Everyone saying this is a good result needs to remember that this mob got slapped by 5 at home to Watford, and lost their last game to Wolves.

Is this our level of expectation now? I don't even want to look at the league table we are drifting so far off the pace behind the likes of the goons and west ham now.

Not blaming Conte in the slightest before anyone jumps on me, but this isn't good enough from the players.

Frustrating result, but I’m staying positive today.

You could see what Conte is trying to do—the shape, the movement of the ball. Yeah, our execution was bad—but it’s been all of a few days. He now has an international break, and with a lot of our players not good enough to actually be playing on this break, hopefully this will be a chance to tighten us way, way up.

Just when you think things can't get any worse, the spam are beating Liverpool.
They are proof that a collective of relatively ordinary players, given the right management and incentive , playing to a well drilled pattern and with a collective sense of purpose - can produce an output that is greater than the sum of their parts.
If I was Conte, I would point to them and ask "are they really better players than you?"

I'm getting fed up with the shots "on target" stat.
Who had the better chances?
If we use that stat, Everton were as they had 2 shots on target to our none.
If you look AT the shots however it tells a different story. Ben Godfrey from fully 25 along the carpet at such a slow pace Lloris could smoked a fag and poured a glass of wine before picking up. The other was a scuffed volley from outside the box that might not even have made it as far as the goal. Yay shots on target, bet their fans were ecstatic with that.
Meanwhile, Royal header inside the 6 yard box at point blank range over, Reguilon volley inside the 6 yard box just wide, Davies with a curler leaving the keeper no chance just wide, GLG off the post with the keeper beat.
How exactly have we got to s stage where utterly fucking pitiful shots are somehow a measure of how a teams attacking prowess. How can anyone be looking at the two teams yesterday and say Everton had better chances than us when they didn't ever look like scoring. They had no chances that made me puff my cheeks out. They didn't look like they'd have even scored the penalty tbh.

I'm not one to lean on it, but xG says something different 0.52 Vs 0.78
Neither brilliant but it shows we had chances in better positions and just missed. More of that please, rather than pointless long rangers to keep the keepers hands warm.

I see we'll be playing with a new ball on Sunday.

Nice to know that Nike allow its designers to drop acid while at work

FDbFYpXXoAMvulw

Thought I was going to miss this, father-in-law's birthday, long family lunch.

"Family is much more important than football" I told everyone to approving nods.

Now I find out that the lunch is actually today, not tomorrow. "Loads better" I say "I can watch Spurs now!"

Tuts are tutted, shoulders shrugged, the words "Sad bastard" (well "Eres patético" more accurately) run through people's minds.

Couldn't give a gnat's twat. I'm over the moon Brian.

shirtless-celebration-soccer.jpg

Pages of pages upon pages of talk about "shoulda got Conte" (or insert another highly rated manger); 5 days and 1 win later:

"He's wrong; I'd have picked X"

Priceless! :dawsonlol:

Back
Top Bottom