Everton vs Spurs - Sunday, November 7 14:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just on my way back from the game. First time at goodison for me. Proper old school ground, wooden decking and seats.

Firstly our support was fantastic. Sung all game. Their support was embarrassing. They made noise about 3 times collectively as a support in the whole game.
They do like whining though.

The game itself was too predictable from our point of view. If we are to play this system then you need quality from the wing backs in the forward areas. I normally criticise PEH and he had a shocking start, but improved as the game went on. I thought him and Skipp were good from a defensive point. But they don't really add anything going forward so with them and 5 defenders we had too many players back. We sat very deep in the first half and basically allowed Everton the ball for some reason.

Lucas, son and Kane were getting in each others way coming central. I'd rather Son and Lucas played out on the touchline. I can't see that happening in Conte's system.

Expect to see wing backs as number 1 priority in January window if we play this system.

No idea how this wasn't a card of some sort

Za10pVY.gif

I've had a soft spot for them. They have a red scum in their city, and are the bighter lads in Liverpool compared to the neanderthals. Truly the Northern Spurs.
I know what you mean.... Used to feel that way about Man City too... until they reinvented themselves in to the Mon€y ¢it¥ 'brand' we know today!

Spurs and Everton do have similarities (except all the titles we didn't win in the '80s!!!)

Our fall from grace as one the original "Big 5" to where we've gone since then is also quite similar..

...and we both hate anything in red!

I hope Conte is jamming Ndombele’s face full or Goji berries to prepare for him to come on.

When is a manager going to grow a pair and take off Kane? he offers absolutely nothing. Compare his performance leading our line to Richarlisons today. Richarlison was all over our defenders like a rash, hurrying them up, making them kick it anywhere, throwing his body in and running into the channels to offer an out ball for his team. Kane waddled about like a duck and when he did get it it either bounced straight off him or he passed it straight to a blue shirt.

I've only just seen the result and haven't read through any comments. Did we play OK or did the team sleep through it, like me?
GIF by Originals
It wasn’t the best but to be fair, there were signs of how Conte wants them to play and listening to his post match interview he’s going to get them a lot fitter so they can carry out his tactics better. I’m very optimistic for the future, it’s very early days so we’ve got to be patient but I’m sure he’s our man

I don’t think we can afford to play PEH and Skipp in the same team against average opponents. If we are going for a counterattack defensive formation against Man City or Liverpool then fine, but the spark is missing when we need to boss the game. Needs either GLC or Ndombele when playing a 2 man midfield or both when playing a 3.

With 3 CB’s I dont think we need 2 DM’s

Just got home from our trip to Goodison-fantastic old school football stadium though would be in desperate need of an update if they weren’t moving soon.Fantastic photos and information all around the outside of the stadium detailing their proud history ( not everyone’s cup of tea but great for a football geek like me) Very friendly pub, The People’s Pub- they knew my wife and I were Spurs and were absolutely fine with that.
On the pitch I thought we did ok and I definitely see some positive signs.Looking forward to watching it back later to see if my initial impressions are accurate. I thought Skipp and in particular Emerson were our standouts (if we had any) .The remainder of the season is going to be tough going but I look forward to seeing a positive and sustained evolution under the guidance of Antonio (who got a magnificent reception from our travelling support) COYS!!!
You away fans definitely sounded in full voice today. I could hear you over their roaring.

Think we could play Tanguy instead of PEH or Skipp with this formation. 3 at the back with two holding midfielders is a bit overkill i.m.o, but I liked the shape of this system last night.

Really nice to see Emerson & Reggie hugging the touchline in attacking areas giving us width & options.

it needs work clearly & obviously but I think Conte ball is gonna be a great success. COYS!!!

1st time in ages I’m looking forward to a Spurs game. Can’t wait for the Conte era to truly kickstart. We clearly need reinforcements and Conte knows this, but this current team with the right coach are good enough to beat Everton. Man for man we are better than Everton

Back
Top Bottom