Famous / Notable Spurs Fans

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe SchmoodSpur2013 SchmoodSpur2013 , but no matter what sport, in my opinion you can't "support" multiple teams in a league. It just doesn't work. Having an interest in multiple teams in a league is MAAAAYBE one thing. But to say, "I support X, Y, and Z" is bullshit IMO.

Yea, maybe. If someone asks I support the Yankees, never the Sox. So I suppose you have a point.
It was just a marketing exercise when his show came over here. Some production wallah suggested it would be a good idea if he was down with the fans, and he didn't have the knowledge to pull it off. He's even expressed love for Celtic and Rangers!

There's obviously not a lot of love on TFC for Adam Richman, but in his defence I would point out that the Twitter page shown dates from 2012 - probably around the time that he was first getting into football. Since then I've heard him explain how he was initially attracted to Wet Spam but soon made the (understandable) transfer to Spurs and, as far as I'm aware, follows us exclusively. Also listened to several interviews he's given on Tottenham related podcasts and he clearly understands the game, tactics and, more importantly, has a great knowledge of THFC history. Just sayin'.

You don't think his massive love for Man U, Spurs, West Ham and Leeds had anything to do with his TV show being broadcast in the UK? I'm afraid I do. The guy is a dick.

It was just a marketing exercise when his show came over here. Some production wallah suggested it would be a good idea if he was down with the fans, and he didn't have the knowledge to pull it off. He's even expressed love for Celtic and Rangers!

You really hate this guy.. did he dis a particular favourite burger of yours in Man V Food, lol!

Well we're not going to get very far with this. You think he's a decent fan, I think he's an embarrassing plastic with an eye for publicity. It doesn't really matter.

You really hate this guy.. did he dis a particular favourite burger of yours in Man V Food, lol!
I don't hate him at all. I've watched some of his shows slightly open mouthed at the things he's prepared to do to turn a dollar, but who am I to criticise what he does? I just don't think he's a real Spurs fan. I think it's a convenience.

I could ask why you are so supportive of the bloke? He's pretty irrelevant to this club.

Edit: and the diss your favourite burger was a cheap shot. I hate them.

Last edited:
Don't understand why he'd continue his support if it was purely a marketing exercise.

Don't understand why he'd continue his support if it was purely a marketing exercise.
Fair enough, it's just the cynic in me. Neumanator Neumanator seems to be saying that Man U, West Ham, Leeds, Spurs is a pretty normal progression for an American fan. I think that's unfair and even insulting to American fans, but as I've got previous with a couple of them, I think I'd better get out now.

For the record, I don't hate Adam Richman. I think he was an entertaining fattie who's now a slightly less entertaining vegan, shown semi-naked on the cover of Cosmopolitan banging on about losing the 5 stone that he put on for money, for more money. A likeable chancer, and if I ever saw him at the Lane I'd buy him a beer and ask him what he's doing there. I'd enjoy the conversation.

Can't stand Richman

The cunt is pathetic. Who even really cares about his show anymore? He didn't start supporting us exclusively, afaik he's still a 'supporter' of 5 different clubs. Wish the club would stop contacting him for videos and the like... he's not a real fan, actually the opposite of one

No, we eat food with nutritional value over here!
tumblr_nirg9pIre31t4fgzeo1_500.gif

I don't get the hate with Richman.
As a nipper I followed baseball quite a bit and loved both the Red Sox and the Yankees
. It was only as I developed more knowledge of the game that I realised this is a massive faux pas.
That said, it doesn't mean I don't keep an eye out for boths results.

When you aren't immersed in the culture of the game for a period of time you don't know these things. He does now and broadcasting it is a bit silly. But the criticism he gets is ridiculous.

I enjoy watching both Barca and Real. I'm not a fucking Spaniard so why should I buy into the one or t'other bollocks.

I hate West Ham more than any other side but his explanation is honest and understandable.

Give dude a break.

...yeah, but would you cry when given the stadium tour of either Fenway Park or the Yankees Stadium?
2417-450x292.jpg
nyybpk01.jpg

...to be honest, I'm welling up already!! :klinsmann::vdvcry:

...yeah, but would you cry when given the stadium tour of either Fenway Park or the Yankees Stadium?
2417-450x292.jpg
nyybpk01.jpg

...to be honest, I'm welling up already!! :klinsmann::vdvcry:
So what if he cried? So what if it was fake?

I don't see why a famous person, even if for the ''wrong'' reasons supports our club, it's a bad thing. We don't have the monopoly on what a fan is.

If anything he's exposing this great club to more people that wouldn't know who we are.

I have a season ticket, have supported Spurs since birth, talk non stop about Spurs on this forum but I'll be fucked if I think I'm a better supporter than anyone else. Apart from Greaves357_bestever Greaves357_bestever

He tweets after every game, he buys our merch and has visited the stadium. Which is more than some. I think it's quite evident he cares about this club from what I've seen.

It's a big who cares from me.

Keep on truckin' Adam Richman, welcome in the seat next to me any day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom