Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If it's true then there is really no demand for CL semi-finalist on the market...

4 mEUR loan fee + OPTION to buy for 15...

I would understand if it would be an obligation, but option. We are giving better end of this deal to the buyer obviously.

I kinda hoped that either Atleti, Juve, Napoli or someone like that would be interested and we could get bit more out of him. Or alternatively some club would be interested in player+cash deal for someone we value.

Does not seem to happen that way though...

If it's true then there is really no demand for CL semi-finalist on the market...

4 mEUR loan fee + OPTION to buy for 15...

I would understand if it would be an obligation, but option. We are giving better end of this deal to the buyer obviously.

I kinda hoped that either Atleti, Juve, Napoli or someone like that would be interested and we could get bit more out of him. Or alternatively some club would be interested in player+cash deal for someone we value.

Does not seem to happen that way though...

Winks, Sissoko, Rose, Toby & Dele were CL finalists......

That latter 4 went for the combined total of about 2-3m and the other is still here.

Even if you ignore the trf fee for a moment; these 70/80kpw wage packets are beyond most clubs which is why most of these players head for the EPL to begin with.

Not right after the CL heroics obviously.

Individual "heroics" may be an over-statement.

All 4 values in the 2019 autumn would have been lot higher.

- You not remember the Toby 12m release clause saga? No-one wanted in.....
- Rose was up for sale for a couple of years. Left on a free.
- Sissoko had a good season by his standards that year, but I doubt you'd have sold him for much that summer (limited player on wages higher than any likely suitor could afford).
- Covid hit within 7 months of that final too.

Peeps need to face facts; if X player is as shit as they claim then the trf fee will most likely reflect that..... Especially as most of Europe are skint.

For years now peeps have been saying Winks, Lamela, Lucas, Sanchez are crap but still expecting 20-25m per pop. It's lunacy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom