Home to Bournemouth - 20th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You don't win titles by losing to Bournemouth at home. They are having a go in their last few games and that will suit us - if it's an open game we should win. I'm really looking forward to it.

Maybe without Dier for this. Very important to the team too, but also crucial he didn't pick up a booking before April 10. So, is this just a good opportunity to rest him and not take a chance with the knock. We cannot afford to lose him for the next 2 games. We will need him at his best for Liverpool away and if he comes out of that ok am I right in thinking he will go into the Man U match on the 10th not having to worry about suspension, or does the cut off date include the actual match on the 10th?
Has only missed one game this season hasn't he.
If he doesn't play I would not be surprised if we play Ali alongside Dembele and Eriksen, Lamela and Chadli up front with Kane. Like we did the last time Dier did not play. However, Mason was not available then.
However, more likely that Mason will play alongside Dembele.
I like Mason, but to be honest he has looked a bit sluggish since coming back. Doesn't look up to the pace.

Maybe without Dier for this. Very important to the team too, but also crucial he didn't pick up a booking before April 10. So, is this just a good opportunity to rest him and not take a chance with the knock. We cannot afford to lose him for the next 2 games. We will need him at his best for Liverpool away and if he comes out of that ok am I right in thinking he will go into the Man U match on the 10th not having to worry about suspension, or does the cut off date include the actual match on the 10th?
Has only missed one game this season hasn't he.
If he doesn't play I would not be surprised if we play Ali alongside Dembele and Eriksen, Lamela and Chadli up front with Kane. Like we did the last time Dier did not play. However, Mason was not available then.
However, more likely that Mason will play alongside Dembele.
I like Mason, but to be honest he has looked a bit sluggish since coming back. Doesn't look up to the pace.
For me, players after injuries seem to have a high energy first few games, then a low, then thier normal game comes through. Mason was playing well before his injury so expect him to hit that form again. I would put trust in him if he plays however, Dier will always be missed so I would play him and tell him to behave.

The difference between Dier and Mason is that Dier will sit in with the 2 centre halves when the fullbacks get forward, he's a natural CB. Mason is more of a CAM, and won't sit the same. Dembele arguably could, but again isn't a CB savvy as Dier.

But I would rather have him available for Liverpool and Utd. It's amazing how he's become such a massive part of our midfield considering people were losing their minds when we didn't sign a CDM in the summer.

My team :

Lloris

Walker Alderweireld Wimmer Rose

Mason Dembele

Lamela Alli Eriksen

Kane

I'd rest Dier regardless of whether he's passed as fit - he's played so many games this season, he needs a rest, especially with Liverpool and United coming up. Mason is more than capable of doing that job today.

I think we'll win 2-0

Today feels a bit like Watford/Swansea at home felt...

You know we CAN beat them, and SHOULD... but you don't wanna take it for granted, as we have no divine right to win games, JUST 'cos we need to!

Fuckin' HOPE WE DO WIN THOUGH!!!!

If no Dier then...

----------------------------------Lloris---------------------------------
Walker-------------Alderweireld------Wimmer------------Rose
----------------------------Dembele--Benteleb---------------------
------Lamela----------------------Alli--------------------Eriksen--
------------------------------------Kane------------------------------

If Benteleb is getting frozen out because of 1 bad game vs Palace then it's really not fair to be honest. How shite has Mason been since returning bar the Fiorentina game? he's been horrendous and Carroll has been equally poor in his cameo appearances.

If no Dier then...

----------------------------------Lloris---------------------------------
Walker-------------Alderweireld------Wimmer------------Rose
----------------------------Dembele--Benteleb---------------------
------Lamela----------------------Alli--------------------Eriksen--
------------------------------------Kane------------------------------

If Benteleb is getting frozen out because of 1 bad game vs Palace then it's really not fair to be honest. How shite has Mason been since returning bar the Fiorentina game? he's been horrendous and Carroll has been equally poor in his cameo appearances.
Bentaleb is out for the season. Got injured for U21s yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom