Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Speaking of this... The best GK in the world, Neuer, has even more of the Barthez about him... I think they get bored personally and need to come up with some form of shennanigans to keep themselves busy and amused!
s_33_958__header.jpg

He once said that playing for Bayern was so easy that he doesn't have to shower after the game.

No goalkeeper in this league suits our current style better than Lloris. Dare I say it, any keeper in the world?

Playing the high line as we do now, I can't see anyone being quicker to come and sweep the ball up on the few occasions it ends up behind our defence.

I do agree with Gothamizm. A different keeper because of a lapse in concentration resulting in a red card could be disastrous for that very reason - Nobody else suits our style as much.

Is there any other keeper quite like him?

He comes 15 yards out of his goal to punch the ball - and gets it.

He gets a block in, one on one.

I've accepted it.

Lloris is the ultimate Tottenham Hotspur Good Guy Greg.

I think Lloris had a pretty good game today.
I really love his sweeping ability ... He's so silent, yet so swift ... He's like a hawk! :llorishuh:

Anyway, here's what he said today:
"For us, there was so much that happened in this summer, we'll need a little time," he told Le Progres.

"For some (the integration) can go faster than others. After 2 games, Eriksen has already integrated well int the team. Lamela was also good in his first game with 2 assists already. With the Europa League we've got quite a ride. It has also allowed some players like Defoe to have game time."

"The squad is substantial, with quality."

I like the positivity around Tottenham right now and that's in no small part to do with having brought in winning personalities like Lloris.

It's also to do with AVB letting the squad settle and not rushing to involve players too much who aren't ready. I suspect that Lamela will be a superstar for us - just maybe not as much as we'd have hoped this season.

It's strange how he's progressed with us or how we've progressed with him. Last season he was great and very assured but this season he is an absolute monster, genuinely its not a fluke we've only conceded 2 with Hugo in goals, truly world class. The Woolwich match was the best goalkeeping performance ive seen since Bolton at home three years agowith that ginger keeper (Bogdan?) Cant rremember but he had a fucking blinder, should of been double figures. Anyhow, much appreciation for Lloris.

Hugo is only 26 :eek: That's no Courtois or DDG in baby keeper years, but still time to improve even more, which I'm not sure is theoretically possible unless it means scoring with every goal kick.

He's not bad, I suppose......................... nearly as good as :bow:Pat Jennings
:p

Seriously he is the dog's ..... wouldn't swap him for anyone playing at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom