Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His level of activity is a bit worrying - he's almost put in those positions by defensive lapses. I sincerely think that someone with even fractionally worse timing than his would have earned us a red card or conceded a goal in those scenarios already. Just have to hope that those nearly-moments have been taken on board and AVB is working on them with the team.

His level of activity is a bit worrying - he's almost put in those positions by defensive lapses. I sincerely think that someone with even fractionally worse timing than his would have earned us a red card or conceded a goal in those scenarios already. Just have to hope that those nearly-moments have been taken on board and AVB is working on them with the team.
We need to work on ironing out the defensive lapses yes, but HOW FREAKING CONFIDENT aren't we all when that shit happens that OUR, I repeat, OUR french national captain is there to save the day, time and time again?

I like to think of Lloris as a brooding existentialist depressive addicted to adrenaline junkie high risk goalkeeping because its the ONLY WAY HE CAN FEEL ALIVE AGAIN

We need to work on ironing out the defensive lapses yes, but HOW FREAKING CONFIDENT aren't we all when that shit happens that OUR, I repeat, OUR french national captain is there to save the day, time and time again?

You only said that to get me hard, didn't you? :ledleylick:

Point I'm making is that no matter how good you are, taking those risks goes against you at some point. Ref makes a poor call and there's enough in it - red card and three games with Uncle Brad. A different keeper means a very different system at this stage. Given our hopes for this season, three games without our only irreplaceable player could be the difference between hitting our targets and missing them.

I think Lloris has made the right decisions in the last few games with regards to the handball incidents on the edge of the area. He has taken a reasonable risk in each case in my view. Not like he was a yard outside the area and the ref was definitaly going to send him off for it. We've talking about inches in each case. Without that we might be shorter on points than we are now.

That said, Brad tonight would be nice!
Curse of the 'ex' could well see him play a blinder against Villa, and save Hugo for Saturday, Oui?

I think Lloris has made the right decisions in the last few games with regards to the handball incidents on the edge of the area. He has taken a reasonable risk in each case in my view. Not like he was a yard outside the area and the ref was definitaly going to send him off for it. We've talking about inches in each case. Without that we might be shorter on points than we are now.
Against Norwich he really didn't need to come out, got away with the Cardiff one but it was the right decision to come out

I still don't think the Norwich one was outside the area, the Cardiff one was harder to tell but it's not conclusive one way or the other.

I love the way he plays. We will have to accept that he when he rushes out to do his sweeping business he might get the odd one wrong.

I know Spurs fans are prone to biased, outlandish statements about our team or certain players, but I honestly wouldn't swap him for any keeper in the league.

I still don't think the Norwich one was outside the area, the Cardiff one was harder to tell but it's not conclusive one way or the other.

I love the way he plays. We will have to accept that he when he rushes out to do his sweeping business he might get the odd one wrong.

I know Spurs fans are prone to biased, outlandish statements about our team or certain players, but I honestly wouldn't swap him for any keeper in the league.

Nor would I, but I'd like a backup that's in his mould just in case a decision goes against him or he gets one wrong. I don't like the idea of the squad having to adapt to a super-conservative keeper from Lloris for 3 games - 9 points in a season like this one (in which I fully expect us to push for the title) could make all the difference.

Nor would I, but I'd like a backup that's in his mould just in case a decision goes against him or he gets one wrong. I don't like the idea of the squad having to adapt to a super-conservative keeper from Lloris for 3 games - 9 points in a season like this one (in which I fully expect us to push for the title) could make all the difference.

That's a good point. Friedel, dependable as he may be just doesn't work with our high line.

That's a good point. Friedel, dependable as he may be just doesn't work with our high line.

I hold Friedel pretty responsible for our Europa League shenanigans last year. His presence completely changed how we played - we reverted to long balling it up the field and couldn't retain possession. The ball was rarely even won from those clearances so it'd just come straight back. Made us much more counterattacking without the fluency or the coolness on the ball.

Not got anything against the guy - just want our number #13 or whatever to be like lil' Lloris.

I hold Friedel pretty responsible for our Europa League shenanigans last year. His presence completely changed how we played - we reverted to long balling it up the field and couldn't retain possession. The ball was rarely even won from those clearances so it'd just come straight back. Made us much more counterattacking without the fluency or the coolness on the ball.

Not got anything against the guy - just want our number #13 or whatever to be like lil' Lloris.

Marc Andre Ter Stegen at Monchengladbach is the closest I can think of to Lloris, but he's been linked with Barca recently.

Marc Andre Ter Stegen at Monchengladbach is the closest I can think of to Lloris, but he's been linked with Barca recently.
No offense to you Huell, but getting a kid with potential to become the best in the world as backup/challenger to Lloris on our budget is just not gonna happen, ever.

He's been a star at Gladbach for some time now and has kept them up almost singlehandedly once. When he leaves, he'll leave for a big team to become first choice, not backup.

No offense to you Huell, but getting a kid with potential to become the best in the world as backup/challenger to Lloris on our budget is just not gonna happen, ever.

He's been a star at Gladbach for some time now and has kept them up almost singlehandedly once. When he leaves, he'll leave for a big team to become first choice, not backup.

I know, it was wishful thinking.

Lloris has got a touch of the Barthez about him. Great keeper but prone to the crazies... Next few years will definitely be amusing.
Speaking of this... The best GK in the world, Neuer, has even more of the Barthez about him... I think they get bored personally and need to come up with some form of shennanigans to keep themselves busy and amused!

Back
Top Bottom