Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

according to scousers, mignolet is the best ever. and hes played like 3 games.
in EPL there is not better than Lloris IMO
no hate but i think that even Casillas nor Buffon are better these days.
only GK who is better is Neuer.
third i say is Hart.
See, that's where I think you're crazy. Cech is far better than Hart, as is Courtouis. Hell, I'd probably put DDG ahead of Hart.

See, that's where I think you're crazy. Cech is far better than Hart, as is Courtouis. Hell, I'd probably put DDG ahead of Hart.
sooo, im had couple beers. and i like Hart, dunna why.

no need to debate over it. i too think Cech is magnificent, one of the best ever, but right now for me its Hart. im so not asking you to agree with me. :) peace up/index down .

Cech is on the decline, his bravery, reflexes and agility have deteriorated massively. Hart is thick, as such his anticipation and decision making is poor. Mignolet is a pretty solid keeper, but Lloris is unique in his sweeper keeper role for us and therefore stands out.

I keep saying to my family and my mates, I don't know how the hell we got Lloris! Firstly, for so little, and basically just the fact we have him and how no other clubs went in for him.

In my opinion I think he is the best keeper in the world. No bias either, Neuer is a fantastic keeper, hence how they conceded hardly any last year. But Lloris just seems to have attributes that that stand out much more with his handling, speed, reading and aerial ability. Fantastic!

I just love the way he gathers it with so much ease, never fumbles. I just feel so confident with him between the sticks, and that's a massive statement for me to say.

Truly is one of a vey few world class players I believe.

He was one of my dream signings ... and I was soooo excited that we got him!

I still remember the dreadful negotiations that were going on with Lyon.
Even the Lyon chairman also said that Levy was the hardest person he ever had to negotiate with.

I mean, if we had lost those negotiations, I would have been devastated.
Getting a readymade worldclass player felt like a once in a lifetime thing being a spurs fan.

I really do love Verts, but IMO Lloris was the best signing for us last window (and probably will continue to be for a while).

agree... he's got it out of his system, and will be even more focussed for us to ensure it never... NEVER happens again!

:llorishuh:

Yeah, it's disappointing that he kinda had a blunder, but on the bright side of things, Hugo showed his captaincy ability by publicly saying he was at fault...

"It was a tough night and I am primarily responsible. It is one of the hazards of the game but the team has risen to the top."

...It's really good to hear these kinds of things, as this willingness to acknowledge such situations shows the player's maturity and a sense that he will do his best to overcome any weakness.

I've never rated his shot stopping. His strenghts are his distribution, ability to gather crosses/corners without becoming a flapper and his leadership. All of which make up for his shot stopping.
Are you high? I mean seriously... what ever form of narcotics you've taken to come to that conclusion, I WANT THEM...
His distribution is OK. As in, short to mid distance it's excellent as he starts us off early and often picks the right guy to throw to. Mid to Long range and he's quite poor actually.
Shot stopping is one of his main attributes... HOW MANY times has he saved us a goal by getting a finger or two to a ball going straight for the top corner...

Back
Top Bottom